Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Those evil price gouging oil companies. 

you just acutely demonstrated that you are ok with different treatment for different people/industries. your bias is showing. how are you still so bad at this? i had hoped each discarded username was like a butterfly leaving behind its cocoon and that you might learn something with each humiliating crowd source, but you appear the Benjamin Button of message board butterflies. well done

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Wait, so his trickle down will go into effect, just like we've been promised for years by the GOP. Whew, all our problems are solved. Can't wait to start reaping the benefits of all these business owners doing so well. I guess they were right all along. 

To be fair, “Greedflation” has been roundly debunked by economists and it’s largely a political thing. But just like Republicans play politics and blame Biden for things outside of his control like gas prices, I’m more than okay with pushing something like Greedflation even though it’s not exactly honest.

Edit to add, “roundly” might be a big bridge too far, let’s just say it’s debatable at best. I’ll link some sources when I get to a computer if anyone cares.

Edited by Vegas64
  • Hook 'Em 1

Democrats (who are in charge of the White House and Congress) are feeling the pressure to do something about soaring prices. Ahead of this fall’s midterm elections, Americans say that inflation is overwhelmingly the top problem facing the country, according to Pew Research.

Economists suggest that the drivers of skyrocketing inflation are fairly clear at this point. Rock-bottom interest rates, government stimulus, surging demand for goods, and constrained supply due to Covid and the war in Ukraine have all conspired to send inflation to near 40-year highs.

But in breaking with economists, a group of Democrats has focused on something else entirely: corporate greed. Citing record corporate profits, they say that some companies are jacking up prices to pad their bottom lines at the expense of consumers. Or, as Washington Post columnist Catherine Rampell called it (not in a nice way), “greedflation.” https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/05/12/democratic-conspiracy-theory-on-inflation-makes-things-worse/

Last week, Sen. Elizabeth Warren and other Democratic senators unveiled the “Price Gouging Prevention Act of 2022,” which would empower regulators to investigate companies that sharply increase prices and require companies that hike prices exorbitantly to disclose why. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/on-small-business/warren-bill-would-require-companies-to-explain-price-hikes/2022/05/12

President Biden also thinks price gouging is contributing to inflation. As part of his plan to fight inflation, he renewed his call for a minimum tax on corporations so that they finally “pay their fair share.”

After Biden tweeted out those thoughts, Jeff Bezos felt inspired to go on the attack. The Amazon founder said that conflating higher corporate taxes with lower inflation “is just misdirection.” That earned a response from the White House, which yesterday noted that it was “unsurprising that this tweet comes after the President met with labor organizers, including Amazon employees.” Bezos replied that “unions aren’t causing inflation and neither are wealthy people.”

One prominent economist is taking Biden’s side...kinda. Former Treasury Secretary Larry Summers, who warned early on that the government’s stimulus measures would lead to inflation, came to the government’s defense, tweeting that Jeff Bezos is “mostly wrong in his recent attack” on the Biden administration. While Summers called the corporate price gouging narrative “preposterous” (a view echoed by most experts), he also said it’s reasonable to raise taxes as a means of tamping down demand and inflation. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-16/summers-says-bezos-mostly-wrong-in-inflation-spat-with-biden

and

The White House and progressive economists have landed on something they have dubbed “greedflation.” They contend that increasingly dominant corporations are taking the opportunity to jack up prices, which is squeezing consumers and supercharging inflation. They say industries have become too concentrated and companies have too much power. The fix: A return to trust busting, which the Biden administration appears to be gearing up to do.

Others say what is really happening is that unusual factors have pushed supply and demand far more out of line than they have been in decades. A pandemic, a trade war, a land war, huge government spending and a global economy that’s become vastly more integrated might be too complex for traditional macroeconomic theory to explain, but still just part of a normal economic cycle. The fix: Allow the Fed, as it is doing, to raise interest rates, to slow the economy.

• Hook 'Em 1

Joey two scoops gonna ride this recession right through the midterms and deep into 2023. Even the ice cream cone meme poster types see what is coming and won’t be able to drink it away. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Joey two scoops gonna ride this recession right through the midterms and deep into 2023. Even the ice cream cone meme poster types see what is coming and won’t be able to drink it away. 

But it's not his fault. He can't control it. We've said this over and over until blue in the face. 

This is why economists are looking at inflationary numbers and CPI data and removing gasoline and food costs as those are largely out of the scope of executive political influence.

• Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, Anastasis said:

You're hurt cause I called you cosplay Fauci. I'll apologize if you just admit you are a weird guy.

in re: to the doom and gloom remark about power changing in a midterm, congrats on predicting nothing new in the history of elections. Redistricting went heavy on incumbency protection this cycle, but I am anxious to see how the maps fare after using 2020 numbers that have a small chance of being replicated.

6 hours ago, Incredulity said:

30,516.74 −876.05 (2.79%)today

Congratulations to Joe Biden on building the greatest economy the world has ever seen!

You are attempting to catch a falling knife. Tell us how it goes.

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

You're hurt cause I called you cosplay Fauci. I'll apologize if you just admit you are a weird guy.

Your President wants you to know that he thinks it is unhealthy how much real estate you allow me in your dome. 

He also thinks that your energy is better spent posting pics of him licking ice cream cones while he travels to Saudi Arabia and Israel next month to advance American interests in human rights and anti-authoritarianism with our allies in the Middle East. 

https://www.axios.com/2022/06/12/biden-mid-july-trip-saudi-arabia-israel

0191-E6-A8-903-B-4-F1-E-BAEE-B029-FC1-AB

Edited by Anastasis
News link.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Your President wants you to know that he thinks it is unhealthy how much real estate you allow me in your dome. 

He also thinks that your energy is better spent posting pics of him licking ice cream cones while he travels to Saudi Arabia and Israel next month to advance American interests in human rights and anti-authoritarianism with our allies in the Middle East. 

https://www.axios.com/2022/06/12/biden-mid-july-trip-saudi-arabia-israel

0191-E6-A8-903-B-4-F1-E-BAEE-B029-FC1-AB

Honey, the only real estate you take up in my head is a studio space in a once proud neighborhood next to maninblack’s pudding brain.

All I’ve done is take the cheerleading points from other admins celebrated and applied it to Biden. Or Brandon, whatever you call him. Our rambunctious conservative shitposters are now taking up the very arguments that were given by shitlibs who acted like nobody in America could be tasked with making small changes in their habits or behavior to save money. The 180 is great to see.

The once proud men who tried to convince millennials that Avocado toast was the reason they couldn’t buy a 400k home, are now powerless against saving 30 dollars by packing a lunch 3x a week, or not punching the accelerator and slamming the brakes from one stop light to the next on a commute. 

Two scoops is doing an amazing job and I could not give less of a fuck about him making a two day visit to Israel and SA, to meet with leaders from Kuwait, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Oman, Qatar, and the UAE. Try posting a big number next to the defense budget again to get your desired outrage.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Two scoops is doing an amazing job and I could not give less of a fuck about him making a two day visit to Israel and SA, to meet with leaders from Kuwait, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Oman, Qatar, and the UAE. Try posting a big number next to the defense budget again to get your desired outrage.

Two scoops is a real problem solver. 

Senator Wyden is the one making the proposal that Biden has signaled support for. 

All while releasing 1M barrels a day from the SPR. Galaxy brain stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2
  • Rage+1 1

Biden single-handedly killed COVID and gave us the best unemployment numbers ever while knocking the deficit down 1.5 trillion.

I guess if you want to fill his calendar up with endless meetings and busy work for things he can’t control he’ll take that Friday time-waster on his schedule.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/12/2022 at 2:30 PM, Immaculate Vibes said:

Just out of curiosity, do you expect him to take responsibility for something he's not responsible for?

Trump said he wasn't responsible for Covid, but he bungled any meaningful effort to stop it.  That's what he's referring to.

19 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Biden single-handedly killed COVID and gave us the best unemployment numbers ever while knocking the deficit down 1.5 trillion.

Yep his economy is really knocking it out of the park. Doing so well, people are “un-retiring”.

4 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Just out of curiosity, do you expect him to take responsibility for something he's not responsible for?

Trump said he wasn't responsible for Covid, but he bungled any meaningful effort to stop it.  That's what he's referring to.

Hey, he tweeted it. The buck stops here, or something 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

@Immaculate Vibes

I don't agree with all the tactics the Biden administration has proposed, but what is the GOP's plan to lower inflation and fuel prices?

They helped create this monster, so what are they doing / proposing to fix it?  

fuck all. they won't even vote for slam dunk legislation like not having babies starve. it's fucking lunacy

• Hook 'Em 2

Two scoops is a real problem solver. 

Senator Wyden is the one making the proposal that Biden has signaled support for. 

All while releasing 1M barrels a day from the SPR. Galaxy brain stuff. 

wait, how did biden become glossed two scoops? is this some smooth brain irony i don't understand.

Yep his economy is really knocking it out of the park. Doing so well, people are “un-retiring”.

Hey, he tweeted it. The buck stops here, or something 

Joe should increase Social Security payments, I agree. Those living off fixed income with no other retirement plans have it rough, and high earners shouldn’t be capped for what they contribute to SS. No monster should want to make cuts to SS.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

25 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

wait, how did biden become glossed two scoops? is this some smooth brain irony i don't understand.

I lovingly refer to him as that. As with all things old people, they eventually latch on to new things and kill it with awkwardness.

See woke, bling, and pokeman as other examples

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

32 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

based on my observations, this one was a twitter invention that anastasis is trying to help catch on (insert stop trying to make fetch happen gif)...perhaps lashing out in response to trump being given the "two scoops" moniker for always getting two scoops of ice cream from the white house staff and requiring that everyone else only be served one scoop.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/two-scoops

but i could be wrong on it.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, sidis said:

based on my observations, this one was a twitter invention that anastasis is trying to help catch on (insert stop trying to make fetch happen gif)...perhaps lashing out in response to trump being given the "two scoops" moniker for always getting two scoops of ice cream from the white house staff and requiring that everyone else only be served one scoop.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/two-scoops

but i could be wrong on it.

First time I saw it in use was here. It was part of stassney’s bit posting pics of joe licking ice cream cones.  I think that he explained the bit a few posts up thread. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

First time I saw it in use was here. It was part of stassney’s bit posting pics of joe licking ice cream cones.  I think that he explained the bit a few posts up thread. 

hmm, as i said, i could be wrong.  stassney's posts seem sometimes seem to resemble someone with dissociative identity issues so haven't read many of them.  i do see its use on twitter as well so perhaps stassney stole it.

but the whole ice cream thing with joe or trump reminds me of the old chapelle bit about black people and fried chicken...why are you acting like there's something wrong with that?  that shit is delicious.  i wouldn't trust anyone who didn't love it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

@Immaculate Vibes

I don't agree with all the tactics the Biden administration has proposed, but what is the GOP's plan to lower inflation and fuel prices?

They helped create this monster, so what are they doing / proposing to fix it?  

I haven’t seen any stated policies. A good place to start would be to not do things that will worsen fuel shortages and inflation.  

46 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Nothing at all since inauguration with impacts on energy policy?

No. Nothing at all. They’ve been totally  supportive of exploration and refining of hydrocarbons.  They’ve just stepped out of the way. 

Also, here’s Biden’s climate czar or whatever the fuck just this past Friday.  

What a fucking nonsensical, dumbfuck statement. We will have to drill for more oil and gas. Period. Not doing so would be suicidal. 

Here you go John. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/drilling-vs-returns-us-oil-producers-tradeoff-windfall-tax-threatens-2022-06-13/

"Not one large public (shale producer) increased capex in Q1 for increased activity," said Kaes Van't Hof, finance chief at shale firm Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG.O), in a recent twitter post.

Here's a live shot of the oil companies discussing ramping up production to ease the pain at the pump 

goodfellas-fuck-you.gif

42 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I haven’t seen any stated policies. A good place to start would be to not do things that will worsen fuel shortages and inflation.  

No. Nothing at all. They’ve been totally  supportive of exploration and refining of hydrocarbons.  They’ve just stepped out of the way. 

Also, here’s Biden’s climate czar or whatever the fuck just this past Friday.  

What a fucking nonsensical, dumbfuck statement. We will have to drill for more oil and gas. Period. Not doing so would be suicidal. 

Here you go John. 

1. What has Biden done, specifically, to “worsen” fuel shortages?

2. Again, what has Biden, or his administration, done specifically to hinder the exploration and refining for hydrocarbons?

3. What does it matter what Kerry says? He’s the climate dude of course he’s going to push green energy. What has he done, policy wise that prevents more drilling?

4. Not going to read that longcat thread.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

1. What has Biden done, specifically, to “worsen” fuel shortages?

2. Again, what has Biden, or his administration, done specifically to hinder the exploration and refining for hydrocarbons?

3. What does it matter what Kerry says? He’s the climate dude of course he’s going to push green energy. What has he done, policy wise that prevents more drilling?

4. Not going to read that longcat thread.

They won't answer.  They don't have the answer.  The dumbfuck response, if you get one, will be "Keystone XL".  Beyond that, nothing.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, sidis said:

anyone that actually believes that joe biden being the president as opposed to anyone else being president is driving the change in oil and gas commodity prices is utterly ignorant of how the O&G markets work.

I haven't read the whole thread, so I wasn't aware someone made that claim.

Although this is a Joe Biden thread, my remarks weren’t specifically directed at current leadership; rather, they were more or less directed to your remarks:

are there really people who can find their way to this site that are actually dumb enough to believe that the market dynamics governing oil and gas economics are actually driven by u.s. political leadership?

Of course, any rational American leader would have embargoed Russian energy—and encouraged our allies to follow suit—but it definitely was a political decision. It seems to me that you are trying to make a distinction between “just being the face of the nation…who engages in international relations (such as imposing bans on russian imports or negotiating with saudi arabia )” and policy decisions, when there is none. Banning Russian hydrocarbons is a policy, as is making the attempt to mend fences with S.A. in order to increase production. And both will have an effect on prices.

To be sure, the embargo isn’t the only reason for the increase in global oil and gas prices, that’s why I said, “not exclusively driven.”

BTW, why did you say “if your position is that we should not attempt to severely punish Russia,” when I clearly said “I completely agree with this (embargo policy)? Were you talking to someone else?

This is illustrative of why I hate party politics.  Just as John McCain would have done what Barack Obama did as far as economic policies are concerned immediately post-election, any (sane) POTUS would have done what Joe Biden has done, but the right wing wants us to believe that Biden took unprecedented, malicious and unjustified actions that have driven the price of a tank of gas through the roof.

Edited by jimmyjazz
grammer
  • Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon