Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

16 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Now that it thankfully appears that he was not injured, let's do an analysis.

Better view, his foot got caught in the pedal:

He quickly got back up:

i’m disgusted anyone would make fun of someone falling   especially someone his age  

i actually give him major props for this. first, most people that age can’t even ride a bike.  those that do would probably break something if they fell.    

people need to realize the other side is still human.   you might not like his politics but by all accounts he is a patriot who is doing what the thinks is best for the county. 

same can’t be said for others. 

• Like 2

Agreed that falling in the manner he did is not only something we’ve literally all done and should be ignored. Even if you are concerned because he’s almost 80, the video didn’t leave too much doubt that it’s alright. Im sure ar his age he will feel it the next few days but it’s not an existential issue.

We live in idiot world where anytime anyone does anything, there are political points to be bad one way or another. 

Edited by Vegas64
  • Like 1

Political death nosedive at Mach 4.  

FIF accuracy. And yelling “for fuck’s sake, PULL UP!!” only pisses them off and makes them push the stick over even harder.
We are committing suicide…because that’s what the MAGAs want. If they can’t have this country exactly as they want it, with everyone not a member of their club being treated like third class scum, NOBODY can have it.
Enjoy. Once my career - locked into the US, unfortunately - is over, adios. They want to create a flaming shithole, they can have it.

2 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Biden going to Saudi Arabia is beneath the office of POTUS, to grovel that murderous regime to pump more, that's it.  Disgusting. 

Send the Energy Secretary/Blinken.  Biden is so desperate when nothing can stop this inflation monster. 

US Presidents have visited Saudi Arabia 11 times. 

Nixon(1), Carter(1), GHWB(2), Clinton(1), GWB(2), Obama(3), Trump(1)

23 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Doesn’t get a pass? Reasonable. Calling him a whore? Laughably inaccurate.

Sorry for the screwed up last couple of posts.  My point is that the record shows that Carter had plenty of Saudi stink on him -- just like the other guys.

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

US Presidents have visited Saudi Arabia 11 times. 

Nixon(1), Carter(1), GHWB(2), Clinton(1), GWB(2), Obama(3), Trump(1)

but the current MBS regime wasn't there except for maybe Trump's visit which IIRC preceded the Kashoggi murder.  Saudi has always been a brutal place, with mass executions of dissidents and other oppression but this regime is something special. 

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell

bike schmike. i prefer my presidents to use both hands to drink a sippy cup of water and to recite five random (but not too random) words in a row. in a fucking row, bitches. 

also that steep ramp was a few years ago. can’t wait to see what 2025 looks like. 

• Haha 2

Jimmy Carter was not really cut out to be President - especially during the mess that was the late 70s in America but he’s unarguably the finest and most decent person to ever hold the office in modern times.

I will not tolerate any Jimmy Carter slander from you misanthropes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

but the current MBS regime wasn't there except for maybe Trump's visit which IIRC preceded the Kashoggi murder.  Saudi has always been a brutal place, with mass executions of dissidents and other oppression but this regime is something special. 

I agree SA is brutal dictatorship that has committed humans rights atrocities for years and the US relationship with SA is embarrassing. I wish would cut all ties, but we can’t because renewables are for pussies, right oil barons? Anyway, attacking Biden for this visit is disingenuous considering the Presidential history. 

You could argue he flip flopped on his campaign rhetoric which is true, but Russia invaded Ukraine causing a spike in oil prices. (please don’t make me get oil demand and oil supply graphs to prove this, I’m lazy)

You have the American public blaming Biden for high prices and ridiculing him for trying to fix high oil prices. It’s a stupid world filled with stupid people  

So what are his options?

1. Let Russia commit genocide and end all sanctions. 
2. Mandate all US production must be sold in the US

3. Release oil reserves knowing they won’t do shit and flip flop on campaign rhetoric and whore yourself to SA begging for more production 

If there is another option, I’m all ears. I’m being sincere. I’m all for lowering gas prices. 

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I agree SA is brutal dictatorship that has committed humans rights atrocities for years and the US relationship with SA is embarrassing. I wish would cut all ties, but we can’t because renewables are for pussies, right oil barons? Anyway, attacking Biden for this visit is disingenuous considering the Presidential history. 

You could argue he flip flopped on his campaign rhetoric which is true, but Russia invaded Ukraine causing a spike in oil prices. (please don’t make me get oil demand and oil supply graphs to prove this, I’m lazy)

You have the American public blaming Biden for high prices and ridiculing him for trying to fix high oil prices. It’s a stupid world filled with stupid people  

So what are his options?

1. Let Russia commit genocide and end all sanctions. 
2. Mandate all US production must be sold in the US

3. Release oil reserves knowing they won’t do shit and flip flop on campaign rhetoric and whore yourself to SA begging for more production 

If there is another option, I’m all ears. I’m being sincere. I’m all for lowering gas prices. 

636-D79-BF-F9-FF-4048-915-B-BD82-D9-C13-

Real life and memes are converging. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 5

Trump couldn't ride a bike if his life depended on it. We're talking about a guy so out of shape that he drives a golf cart on to the green. It's also hard to blame Putin for anything while he has Putin's balls in his mouth.

• Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Because Trump has never ridden a bike in his life, but we do have this... 

You’re either a 9 yo or have an IQ OF 9.  

And that’s funny. And people laughed at it. 

Biden had a fall from standing. At a planned photo op. Now that we know he’s ok, also funny. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

I'd love to see your work on the printing of money bit since we printed more under Trump than Biden.

Still waiting....

Just kidding, I know you can't respond because your meme is bullshit.

But you and your fellow rubes have never been big on the truth or facts.

Biden going to Saudi Arabia is beneath the office of POTUS, to grovel that murderous regime to pump more, that's it.  Disgusting. 
Send the Energy Secretary/Blinken.  Biden is so desperate when nothing can stop this inflation monster. 

Like Trump did in 2018 and put 200+ US oil producers out of business.
  • Fuck You 1

On 6/16/2022 at 11:58 PM, Tom said:

Eh, there's a lot here to unpack here.  For several years many ocean carriers took losses, and some were in danger of going bankrupt as Hanjin Shipping did in 2016.  It was a shipper's market for so long with such tight margins, and competition drove the rates into the dirt and at times shipping was at unprofitable levels for ocean liners.  Nobody was concerned with global carriers operating at a loss so long as they could get their cheap shit across the ocean for dirt cheap.

1,000% is quite a bit of an exaggeration overall. Maybe at the highest end, but that's not an average by any means across the industry for all trades and commodities.  I'd like to see where he's getting those numbers.  Rates in the trade I'm familiar with have gone up about 300%-400% on the highest end of our most expensive lanes. Regardless, the steep rise in shipping rates post-COVID has been mostly driven directly by supply and demand.  There has been congestion all over the world.  You've had 100+ container ships just sitting off the coast of Long Beach at times unable to birth with hundreds of thousands of TEUs just sitting on the water.  Container yards and terminals packed with containers and not enough truckers or equipment to move them out efficiently.  This had created a huge worldwide container shortage, leading to shippers outbidding each other to use what little containers and space was left available.  That's where most of the price increases have come from.  Customers volunteering to pay more and outbidding each other for allocation.  Fuel increases also played a part.  Bunker costs alone are almost as much if not more in some instances as what all-in rates were pre-pandemic.  I'm also curious if he's counting whatever NVOCCs and freight forwarders are adding on top for their profits as part of that 1,000%.

So while, yes, ocean carriers have been having a great couple of years and are actually making some good money, it's not because they are just price gouging or taking advantage of a shitty situation like the Biden administration is implying.

Also, it sounds like Joey is trying to imply a monopolistic situation.  First off, I don't think a market divided among nine competitors yields monopoly power, and, as you note, it's pretty intensely competitive.  I suspect global shipping is one of those things that just devolves into "natural monopolies."  Absent collusion or other cartel behavior, which seems relatively unlikely, there's probably not much to see on the antitrust front.

I guess he's trying to shift the blame anywhere but him, but it's still fairly dishonest.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Biden was riding a bike with old school toe clips/cages.  I'd reckon about half the denizens of this website would stand a 50-50 chance of eating shit trying to disengage from that style of toe clips.  There's a reason hardly anyone rides them anymore.

And that mountain bike in post 5140 is old and dated af.  Someone should give him a modern mtb.

Biden was riding a bike with old school toe clips/cages.  I'd reckon about half the denizens of this website would stand a 50-50 chance of eating shit trying to disengage from that style of toe clips.  There's a reason hardly anyone rides them anymore.
And that mountain bike in post 5140 is old and dated af.  Someone should give him a modern mtb.
Good lord get that man a modern bike, no need for the fossil to be ridding a fossil. Get Joe so some 510 shoes and some flat pedal stamps. Who is the cabinet head in charge of shred? Get this man a proper bike and gear ffs.

Kudos to Joe for riding, but gear up. Come on man!
  • Hook 'Em 1

And yeah I get hung up in that shit on the exercise bike. I dumped a fixy I just rebuilt because I just don't like toe cages.

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon