Cowboys vs 49ers: Wild Card Round

Vic Mackey

12 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Well Texas is the most valuable team for years in college when was the last time we lead in viewership??  Most valuable because Jerry runs a good business and charges a $100 for parking and gets away with it and when they are decent people love to watch them lose, just like the Longhorns….  When the cowboys are 7-9 no one gives a shit, yea viewership was up this year….  Not the years they suck, they are not the most watched.   You don’t hear Texas fans argue things like that in down years as a point, you do Cowboy and aggie fans though…   That’s my only point lol

You can’t possibly be this dumb. Bag on them all you want, but you don’t have to be a Cowboys fan to know they are clearly the most popular team in the NFL and it’s not really even close. If you don’t know that, you’re a special breed of stupid.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

You can’t possibly be this dumb. Bag on them all you want, but you don’t have to be a Cowboys fan to know they are clearly the most popular team in the NFL and it’s not really even close. If you don’t know that, you’re a special breed of stupid.

You said most popular in the World and by far?  Are you changing that to just NFL now cause that wasn’t close to true?    Also yes cowboys have the most fans but in total social media ect traffic, it’s not as wide as you would like to think, they’re are many current lists that have Green Bay and KC above y’all currently depending on who’s polling also. Dallas gets a lot of hate points counted as social media traffic also….  So yea you are correct but it’s not as dumb as saying “most popular team in the world and it’s not even close”. Cause A they aren’t and B it’s close just in the nfl.  I really don’t even give a fuck, yea cowboys are popular but I like arguing with dumbass blinder Aggies that claim bullshit as fact and with your statements this is just the same….

Edited by Hook1997
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

You said most popular in the World and by far?  Are you changing that to just NFL now cause that wasn’t close to true?    Also yes cowboys have the most fans but in total social media ect traffic, it’s not as wide as you would like to think, they’re are many current lists that have Green Bay and KC above y’all currently depending on who’s polling also. Dallas gets a lot of hate points counted as social media traffic also….  So yea you are correct but it’s not as dumb as saying “most popular team in the world and it’s not even close”. Cause A they aren’t and B it’s close just in the nfl.  I really don’t even give a fuck, yea cowboys are popular but I like arguing with dumbass blinder Aggies that claim bullshit as fact and with your statements this is just the same….

They are the most popular team in the NFL and yes, it isn't even close. Are you really arguing against this? Check the ratings. And you realize them receiving hate just proves the point even more. They are the most polarizing team in the NFL by far. They have not won anything in over 2 decades yet their footprint has not went anywhere and they still get as many primetime games as they can get. 

14 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I think for most of his time he just cared about having power and creating this really big thing for his family to have and manage for generations. But in the last few years, the old man has been pretty up front about how badly he's fucked up and seems to get really choked up talking about trying to win one more. I legit think this is the most he's cared about winning.

I might believe this if he fired himself and hired a real GM *AND* gave him the power to do his job right.

Well Texas is the most valuable team for years in college when was the last time we lead in viewership??  Most valuable because Jerry runs a good business and charges a $100 for parking and gets away with it and when they are decent people love to watch them lose, just like the Longhorns….  When the cowboys are 7-9 no one gives a shit, yea viewership was up this year….  Not the years they suck, they are not the most watched.   You don’t hear Texas fans argue things like that in down years as a point, you do Cowboy and aggie fans though from the roof tops about how good they are still or will be next year because of ect ect..  That’s my only point lol

The Cowboys dominate ratings more than any nfl team regardless of their record. Jerry delivers eyeballs; most when they suck. Even more when they don’t. Whoever your team is the cowboys will deliver more eyeballs even if your team is in the super bowl.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

The Cowboys dominate ratings more than any nfl team regardless of their record. Jerry delivers eyeballs; most when they suck. Even more when they don’t. Whoever your team is the cowboys will deliver more eyeballs even if your team is in the super bowl.

My team is the Bears and every game we have in Jerry World sounds like a home game for us even though we suck and ever home game for us is sold out until the end with people there until the of the game loud as hell just for us, with just Chicago fans, proof three weeks ago.  Game matters none, stadium still full, last 3 min down by 14, still loud as hell for the home team… I understand Dallas is different as a stadium and visiting teams cause they attract many visitors and sell tickets to them to make money.    In Chicago all fans are Chicago fans.   in your stadium especially if you suck over half the fans are of the visiting team, including tomorrow’s playoff game probably….   In Dallas it’s just different cause it means more $$$.    Pleas tell me how the fans in that stadium tomorrow are over half for Dallas vs SF??   Cause it won’t be and I’ll take a fan full vs tourist stadium any day.  

Edited by Hook1997

6 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

My team is the Bears and every game we have in Jerry World sounds like a home game for us even though we suck and ever home game for us is sold out until the end with people there until the of the game loud as hell just for us, with just Chicago fans, proof three weeks ago.  Game matters none, stadium still full, last 3 min down by 14, still loud as hell for the home team… I understand Dallas is different as a stadium and visiting teams cause they attract many visitors and sell tickets to them to make money.    In Chicago all fans are Chicago fans.   in your stadium especially if you suck over half the fans are of the visiting team, including tomorrow’s playoff game probably….   In Dallas it’s just different cause it means more $$$.    Pleas tell me how the fans in that stadium tomorrow are over half for Dallas vs SF??   Cause it won’t be and I’ll take a fan full vs tourist stadium any day.  

My first NFL game ever was your Bears kicking the living shit out of my Cowboys, 44-0 at old Texas Stadium.  There were plenty of Bears faithful there that day too.

Gawd that game was a nightmare, but I did get to see one of the best teams in NFL history.  LOL.

8 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

You said most popular in the World and by far?  Are you changing that to just NFL now cause that wasn’t close to true?

So, you can't even read and you think you can talk with the grownups? Here's what I said...

9 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Haha not even close. The Cowboys are the most popular team in the world, in any sport. aggy…not so much. Sadly, Longhorn fans would have been a much better analogy.

I base that on Forbes value, which I linked here for you...

9 hours ago, Landomatic said:

I’ll take Forbes value as an indicator of popularity over google searches all day.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2021/05/07/worlds-most-valuable-sports-teams-2021/?sh=140c9fe83e9e

You know...real, current numbers based in fact. Not internet polls and old op-ed pieces (one you linked below is over 10 years old and both are one writer's opinion)...

9 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

https://www.thesportster.com/football/nfl-fanbases-fans-best-worst-obnoxious-wholesome/amp/

There’s plenty of list with Cowboys fans being top ten worst fans overall….  Just look at Facebook after they win three games in a row any year, it’s “this is our year”. Cowboys run the nfl”, ect ect…

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/979699-the-50-most-popular-teams-in-sports.amp.html

most valuable maybe but this list has them as not even the most popular in the nfl…. Not many list have them as the most popular in the world at all or even America..   Once again post like this are why people don’t like their fans.

A team's value is mostly driven by popularity. Period. The fact that I have to spell that out to you in crayon only further illustrates your ignorance.

But, in your failed attempt to win an argument, you just dig a deeper hole for yourself and kept moving the goalposts to try to argue that the Cowboys aren't even the most popular team in the NFL, let alone the world (you know, because old internet articles and stuff), at which point I said this...

8 hours ago, Landomatic said:

And they are. And it isn't even close. TV ratings alone prove that. Cowboys games accounted for 5 of the top 10 TV ratings in the NFL this year. They nearly doubled the number of viewers from the next closest team on the list. Again...not. even. close.

But, you keep moving those goalposts and digging a bigger hole. With nuggets like these...

5 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

You don't even know what you're arguing anymore. Sorry the Cowboys are more popular than your Bears, but at this point you're really just embarrassing yourself.

Like the Bears and the playoffs this year, you should probably go ahead and sit the rest of this one out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Fuck off, asshole. We have a playoff game to get mentally prepared for. Go post your stupid bullshit in the 2022 NFL Draft thread. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not sure how accurate this is but it’s on FB so it must be true… 
image.thumb.png.65f13315909bc8236b962df340766dad.png

And it shows the importance of football and Thanksgiving with three of top ten. But look at the size of that Cowboys Raiders game. The fact is if they could get away with it, NBC would make Sunday night football Dallas vs x every week. Same for Fox on the national game at 3:00pm.

As for Cowboys tix getting sold for visitor fans, it happens across the league. Dallas road games are often home games. Unused Corporate tix now get sold online instead of being given to lower level employees.

9 hours ago, YoungCounty said:

I have a bunch of people coming over to watch the game tomorrow. Most all of them are my sons and their friends. They are all mid to early 20s. They are pumped and confident. 

I’m not confident at all. I hope these youngsters are correct.  

My 14yo son is acting the same way, spouting stats and "Micah Parsons and Trevon Diggs vs Jimmy G" type stuff. I just nod and say, "uh huh".

Wife asked me who I thought would win and I honestly told her, "On paper, the Cowboys are the better team. But this is the Cowboys in the playoffs post 1996 and until they prove me otherwise, I'm honestly expecting a 49ers win. I will be pleasantly surprised if the Cowboys win but I won't let myself get upset if they don't."

Feel kind of dirty for writing that, but old age gets you all realistic sometimes. I've seen this all before. 

• Like 2

I'm sad that the Cowboys will never win another SB with a Jones at the helm. But I'll never forget the passion I felt watching them play those 90s Niner teams, especially when Charles Haley played for the good guys.

I'm happy crimsonlonghorn's kid can muster excitement. Maybe I'll get there again one day.

12 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

https://www.thesportster.com/football/nfl-fanbases-fans-best-worst-obnoxious-wholesome/amp/

There’s plenty of list with Cowboys fans being top ten worst fans overall….  Just look at Facebook after they win three games in a row any year, it’s “this is our year”. Cowboys run the nfl”, ect ect…

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/979699-the-50-most-popular-teams-in-sports.amp.html

most valuable maybe but this list has them as not even the most popular in the nfl…. Not many list have them as the most popular in the world at all or even America..   Once again post like this are why people don’t like their fans.

It must suck to be a Bears fan.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

And it shows the importance of football and Thanksgiving with three of top ten. But look at the size of that Cowboys Raiders game. The fact is if they could get away with it, NBC would make Sunday night football Dallas vs x every week. Same for Fox on the national game at 3:00pm.

As for Cowboys tix getting sold for visitor fans, it happens across the league. Dallas road games are often home games. Unused Corporate tix now get sold online instead of being given to lower level employees.

It was brought up thread about no one giving a shit about Dallas if they’re 7-9, not only do talking heads give a shit, they revel in it and Dallas struggling is a popular subject.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

It was brought up thread about no one giving a shit about Dallas if they’re 7-9, not only do talking heads give a shit, they revel in it and Dallas struggling is a popular subject.  

Even when Dallas had a very down year in 2015 and 2020, go look at how many primetime games they got the very next season. How much coverage they got each of those down years. There's a reason they are the most polarizing team in the league and the world. Every single football fan has an opinion on them and relishes in their defeats. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Even when Dallas had a very down year in 2015 and 2020, go look at how many primetime games they got the very next season. How much coverage they got each of those down years. There's a reason they are the most polarizing team in the league and the world. Every single football fan has an opinion on them and relishes in their defeats. 

Yep. 

9 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Somehow CBS got this game today and we get that fence post  Romo.

Surprises me, the negative comments about him.

I've thoroughly enjoyed Romo from the moment he stepped in the booth.

I realize, of course, Surly hates everything and everyone so not sure if the Romo bashing is just force of habit here.

• Like 1