Things not going well for BLM

Johnny Sack

19 minutes ago, Nivek said:

This thread is basically like the left-wing violence we keep hearing about from the right wing trolls, and the put up provocateur's andy ngo chemical milkshake incident as proof while ignoring the 1000s of incidents by right wing assholes they support.  Including trying to murder political enemies, trying to overthrow the government, actually stealing elections (Stacey Abrams won Georgia), and threatening to lock up political rivals.   

I need an NFT of this response.

7 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

So you draw an equivalency between a group of people chasing down and endangering a campaign bus on I-35, and a loosely affiliated movement spread across the entire United States?

If I didn't know you weren't trolling, I'd say you were just dumber than dirt.  At least I know you have experience with dirt.

he's a trolling piece or shit

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've always considered BLM as a concept and not an actual group. Perhaps a group has taken on that name but I don't believe they speak for anyone except for people that work in that legal entity. 

It's like when I receive a cold call for a group called "The fund to help the widows and orphaned children of Texas lawmen killed in the line of duty LLC" I don't think of those as the actual widows and children. They're just some group that may or may not advance a cause.

I do as well. I have never looked at BLM as an organization. It is the idea that a black life has as much value as any other life on this planet. When I went to protest marches in DC and NYC in 2020 it was always the idea and thought behind the phrase that I support. I could not tell you much of anything about the legal entity.

8 hours ago, tchookem said:

BTW, I just learned that she is a Texas Ex.

Point of order.  Do we refer to all graduates of UT institutions "Texas Exes"?

I am thinking that graduate schools count "less" than undergrad, possibly even not at all.

Law school was not at all like undergrad in terms of connection to the broader university and whatever shared connection seems to exist on this board, for example (don't want to contend that surlies are the only authentic Texas Exes, but maybe one of the more refined, higher forms).

And, if you include the graduate schools, you include a bunch of aggy, and not a few okies, and some other undesirables.

/threadjack

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Fat shaming a woman who has done more positive work for her fellow human beings in her life than 99.9 percent of us will is not a good look. She’s a good human being furthering causes that help folks live better lives in both Georgia and the country as a whole. 

She's out there doing something and making a difference while that guy jacks off on the internet all day. It really doesn't make a shit.

• Hook 'Em 7

5 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Fat shaming a woman who has done more positive work for her fellow human beings in her life than 99.9 percent of us will is not a good look. She’s a good human being furthering causes that help folks live better lives in both Georgia and the country as a whole. 

And if she worked her ass off to get in shape, they'd just shift to talking about how "masculine" her arms are. Pretty pathetic, but it is what it is.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

I am thinking that graduate schools count "less" than undergrad, possibly even not at all.
Law school was not at all like undergrad in terms of connection to the broader university and whatever shared connection seems to exist on this board, for example (don't want to contend that surlies are the only authentic Texas Exes, but maybe one of the more refined, higher forms).
And, if you include the graduate schools, you include a bunch of aggy, and not a few okies, and some other undesirables.
/threadjack

Yes we do. If they have a degree from UT on their wall - undergrad or grad doesn’t matter - that’s an Ex.

I mean, Cronkite didn’t even graduate and we claim him.

I don’t like this kind of “I’m a better Longhorn than you” because reasons hairsplitting stuff. Some people are into being an Ex and others are not. Doesn’t change the fact that there was work do be done and they did it.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Yes we do. If they have a degree from UT on their wall - undergrad or grad doesn’t matter - that’s an Ex.

I mean, Cronkite didn’t even graduate and we claim him.

I don’t like this kind of “I’m a better Longhorn than you” because reasons hairsplitting stuff. Some people are into being an Ex and others are not. Doesn’t change the fact that there was work do be done and they did it.
This. If we have to accept the Bravos we also get to claim the Stacey Abramses.

1 minute ago, tchookem said:

Yeah, but have you shared a picture of you giving your diploma the middle finger to a bunch of strangers on the internet?

I didn't think so.

I'll get on it.  Not sure where I put my diploma, though.  If it's in the garage, it's gonna take an archaeological team to find it.

Added info:  it appears that membership in Texas Exes is limited to graduates, faculty, staff, and current students.  So, yeah.

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

35 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Added info:  it appears that membership in Texas Exes is limited to graduates, faculty, staff, and current students.  So, yeah.

This is not correct, or at least did not used to be correct.  I have received mail inviting me to join Texas Exes, even though I have never registered for a class, and this was before I ever worked there.

Edited by Beau Vine

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This is not correct, or at least did not used to be correct.  I have received mail inviting me to join Texas Exes, even though I have never registered for a class, and this was before I ever worked there.

Interesting.  Maybe you fell under "friends".  It's not very well-defined.  Anyway, what @Chad Fuck said.

image.thumb.png.795929b4cf896c248298c1ccf0bea456.png

Just now, tchookem said:
9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:
Negged. You know why. Your intent is clear as is your shamelessness.

He has lots of Chocolate Fountain friends.

Some of his best friends.

I remember back in the last century when the Aggies elected one of like 35 black students as student body president. "See, we're not racists!" Very convincing.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I thought we did not like politicians who do the big lie and claim their election was stolen?

Or is that different?

It's not a big lie if it's true. 

I believe she actually has a case, but I don't know the details. You've clearly done your research. How is this akin to the Trump Big Lie beyond a pond-scum shallow analysis of the broadest similarity? 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Negged. You know why. Your intent is clear as is your shamelessness.

Well, Stacey probably doesn’t have a doctor willing to lie about her weight. With the stroke of a pen, Ronny Jackson turned Trump’s 288 pounds into a svelte 237 pounds.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I believe she actually has a case, but I don't know the details. You've clearly done your research. How is this akin to the Trump Big Lie beyond a pond-scum shallow analysis of the broadest similarity? 

This is their play. This is how they are going to steal 2024. It’s gaslighting. They actually cheat, but just claim it’s Dems being sore losers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Well.... She try to make it in the courts.

It's true that during his eight-year tenure as Georgia Secretary of State, Kemp's office canceled over 1.4 million voter registrations, with low-income and minority Georgians most likely to have their registrations removed, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Over 668,000 of those registrations were canceled in 2017.

It's also true that 214 polling places closed during Kemp's tenure as secretary of state.report released by the Leadership Conference Education Fund found that after a 2013 Supreme Court decision allowed certain states and cities to change voting laws and practices without federal approval, there was a surge in poll closures. 

And, it's true that about 53,000 voter registrations were put on hold by Kemp a few weeks out from the 2018 election. Those applications were flagged as a part of the state's "exact match" verification process, which requires that voter information must precisely match the information on file with the Georgia Department of Driver Services or the Social Security Administration, according to the Associated Press. The Associated Press found that nearly 70% of those voter registrations on hold were Black people, despite the state's population being about 32% Black.

• Hook 'Em 2

On November 7, Kemp declared victory over Abrams with 50.2% of the vote versus her 48.8%, while Libertarian candidate Ted Metz trailed behind both with 0.9%. The following morning, Kemp resigned as Secretary of State.

It’s clear Kemp canceled enough black votes to steal the election.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Sounds like it's different and her claiming a stolen election was justified.  Just as I suspected.

• Fuck You 2

Glad to know y’all decided it’s different for your team.  

Abrams won the election but for the tossing of votes by her opponent. Since it pushed him over the top, he had a duty to do it without error. He didn’t and many of those tossed votes were legitimate and won her the election.

So yes, you GQP types steal elections and don’t give a shit about the rule of law, will of the people, or our country. I said it back in the Hornfans.com days, you are team over country as a party and have always been. Only some of you woke up.

So now will you continue to beat around the bush or will you just man up and say it. Should districts look like Dan Crenshaw’s? Should voting be restricted in certain communities and is disenfranchisement acceptable as long as you win?

Do you believe that others should have the same access to vote as you do? Do you believe the people who storm the capitol and threatened to murder the sitting Vice President and other members of Congress were just enthusiastic political discourses?

Or will you fade away into a safe space and never answer the question?
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2