Better Call Saul: Season 6

Lurch

18 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

from reddit:

DF026182-5036-4259-AF36-4C9DDD073858.jpeg

CF92FDF0-8378-428B-BEDF-1E9ADD3BB883.jpeg

WTF?  Yeah I really hope we find out why Gene is hiding, what happens to Gus and what the lab is used for.  You could probably make 5 seasons of a show to tell those stories...how will they do it in 3 episodes?!

35 minutes ago, BornOrange said:

I think the guy is being a little facetious. He's making fun of all the critics of the show by making complaints that are obviously all answered in Breaking Bad.

how the fuck could anyone read that and not immediately understand that?  good lord.

• Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

This is a show where a guy walked miles through a desert with no water to deliver 7M in cash to the court after being saved from a cartel ambush by an 80 yo with a sniper rifle and you are griping about the implausibility of him finding out where a cabbie lives?

Walt and Jesse steal a train car of methlamine: seems legit

Slippin Jimmy gains an old ladys trust: doesnt add up

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

18 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

from reddit:

DF026182-5036-4259-AF36-4C9DDD073858.jpeg

CF92FDF0-8378-428B-BEDF-1E9ADD3BB883.jpeg

While this is clearly a joke post, it does drive home the ridiculousness of the hot take suggestion that BCS is a better show than BB.  When this show is said and done, it will always have a ton of holes that are only filled by your knowledge of Breaking Bad.  It will always be a companion show where you need to have seen or know the events of BB in order to fully enjoy it.  It'll still just be a prequel that is not a complete show with fully developed story and character arcs if you were to only watch it alone without experiencing BB first.  

Breaking Bad is a standalone show that is one of the best shows of all-time, even if you never touch BCS, El Camino, or anything else Gilligan might make in the future based on this universe.

What an absurd take. 95% of BCS occurs before BB. Knowledge of BB is hardly a prerequisite. As if flash forwards aren’t a common tool for storytelling where the viewer is missing context. Hell BB used it all of the time!

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Lurch said:

What an absurd take. 95% of BCS occurs before BB. Knowledge of BB is hardly a prerequisite. As if flash forwards aren’t a common tool for storytelling where the viewer is missing context. Hell BB used it all of the time!

Correct, and the enjoyment that many get from BCS is wondering precisely how the character-based events from the two shows are woven together.  It's not just a spinoff.

BB was a character-based exploration focusing primarily on Walter White.  BCS is a character-based exploration focusing primarily on Jimmy McGill.  

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Correct, and the enjoyment that many get from BCS is wondering precisely how the character-based events from the two shows are woven together.  It's not just a spinoff.

BB was a character-based exploration focusing primarily on Walter White.  BCS is a character-based exploration focusing primarily on Jimmy McGill.  

100’% this.

Also the Venn diagram of people who complain about certain aspects of BB/BCS and people who complained about every episode of The Sopranos that wasn’t about mafia business is a perfect circle.

31 minutes ago, Deej said:

Should have gone with the perfect disguise...a toothpick.

37120107261abbf22c80132cde0e11600f-what-we-do-in-the-shadows_2x.rsocial_w600.thumb.jpg.4debfeca398883b99c99ae1589d972f2.jpg

Don’t forget the dungarees.

there's got to be a scientific name for this phenomena where people both a)become wildly upset at literally any criticism of their tv show, and then b)immediately dismiss any and all criticisms of the show/act as if the show is infallible. it's the same exact group of posters every single time, completely incredulous that anyone could say anything critical of their show, while altogether refusing to acknowledge even one flaw throughout the entire history of said show, using rock solid arguments like, "well the show is based on an unrealistic premise, therefore anything goes", as hg pointed out. seen it play out time and time again on this board, and it will never not be strange and a bit sad and weird and juvenile. oh well. you can't stop what's coming.

Edited by shadow_operative

6 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

This is a show where a guy walked miles through a desert with no water to deliver 7M in cash to the court after being saved from a cartel ambush by an 80 yo with a sniper rifle and you are griping about the implausibility of him finding out where a cabbie lives?

yeah, uh, i pretty famously griped about the implausibility of that too. same with gus's prescience. whenever something doesn't make sense to me i point it out and ask about it. then, 17 of y'all trip over yourselves to deepthroat the show and basically say that it's impossible for anything in this show to ever be less than perfect. the it's high fives all around. fun thread. 

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

again, y'all keep repeating this and high fiving yourselves, but i'm not the one who's lost his cool in this discussion. that would be your guy trey, and to a lesser extent several more of you. i don't get upset when people say something critical of a tv show that i watch. and THAT is the real irony here. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

as if it's just impossible for you to even imagine that anyone could have any criticism of your favorite show. 

I asked a pretty simple question and wasn’t a dick about it. I’m genuinely curious how someone could like the show and think that episode was “dumb.”

As such, saying “that was dumb” is pretty vapid and pointless criticism. It’s something a 10-year-old would say about something they don’t understand.

Furthermore, BCS is far from my favorite show, and if you vagina gets all sandy about discussion of a show in a show discussion thread, then, well, the door’s right there, man. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

OP in that Reddit post threw a grenade into a campfire to see how many mouthbreathers he could lure in.  Seems he did well.   

I now understand that a 10 minute scene on wine was appropriate and necessary.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

there's got to be a scientific name for this phenomena where people both a)become wildly upset at literally any criticism of their tv show, and then b)immediately dismiss any and all criticisms of the show/act as if the show is infallible. it's the same exact group of posters every single time, completely incredulous that anyone could say anything critical of their show, while altogether refusing to acknowledge even one flaw throughout the entire history of said show, using rock solid arguments like, "well the show is based on an unrealistic premise, therefore anything goes", as hg pointed out. seen it play out time and time again on this board, and it will never not be strange and a bit sad and weird and juvenile. oh well. you can't stop what's coming.

"fanboys"

28 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Furthermore, BCS is far from my favorite show, and if you vagina gets all sandy about discussion of a show in a show discussion thread, then, well, the door’s right there, man. 

again- if there is one single person here who isn't getting upset by this discussion it's me. tell this to literally anyone else in this discussion but me. 

as for the rest of your post, your question is just as vapid and lazy as the take that has you so flummoxed. the general consensus in this thread is that very few people liked this episode; the sentiment on the internet is the same, including a "worst episode ever?" article which was linked here. and after all of that, you come in here all puzzled, asking, "so uh, what about the episode did you find not to be likable?", as if that hasn't been extensively covered over the last several days. come on man. you know the answers to that question.

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

again, y'all keep repeating this and high fiving yourselves, but i'm not the one who's lost his cool in this discussion. that would be your guy trey, and to a lesser extent several more of you. i don't get upset when people say something critical of a tv show that i watch. and THAT is the real irony here. 

You didn’t have any cool to lose, and no one here lost theirs.   We got annoyed with your tangential tirade about how things can be quite easily explained if you pay attention. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HornPhD said:

Tweet from this morning. Is the use of “nippy” a head fake?

I always thought “Nippy” was a reference to Saul getting involved with Walt and Jesse since the dessert was freezing when he’s kidnapped (at least behind the scenes it was). Obviously my theory about last week’s episode being BB-era based on the title was wrong. This week’s episode is titled “Breaking Bad” I believe so that combined with the “nippy” reference in the Tweet could be indicative of a Walt and Jesse appearance or another headfake

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HornPhD said:

Tweet from this morning. Is the use of “nippy” a head fake?

Not a headfake, imo.  Jeff and Carol Burnett are both back based on photos of the upcoming episode that have been released.

Out of all the predictions about who Carol Burnett is (besides Jeff's mom), the craziest I've read is that she's WW's mom.  

7 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

I always thought “Nippy” was a reference to Saul getting involved with Walt and Jesse since the dessert was freezing when he’s kidnapped (at least behind the scenes it was). Obviously my theory about last week’s episode being BB-era based on the title was wrong. This week’s episode is titled “Breaking Bad” I believe so that combined with the “nippy” reference in the Tweet could be indicative of a Walt and Jesse appearance or another headfake

Way back when fans floated the idea that The Walking Dead takes place in the Breaking Bad universe.

Really strong episode. Slipping’ Jimmy just couldn’t stay away from the whores and money. 

I feel a bit shortchanged on the Kim conversation, but I did like how they shot it. Also best phone booth destruction scene since Goodfellas. 

Other than the feds, who’s looking for Jimmy? Also probably not a great idea to hide in plain sight two states away. 

• Like 1