Star Wars - Ahsoka

UT_OB1

I agree with the ones about finding the right balance in the universe. I love Ahsoka and most of the series’s like it and want those types shows to continue. Now that we Andor, I love it because it highlights the more adult driven drama. It doesn’t need to be ground level stuff either. They can do the same type of show with bigger characters and still be good. 

Hopefully they continue to give us more Andor style of shows coupled with the Ahsoka/Mando/Kenobi to keep the balance there. Also can’t forget about Visions which is outside the box and pretty good, too. 

I'm hoping The Acolyte can be that bridge between Ahsoka and Andor as far as adult driven drama with fantasy elements since it's rumored to be a thriller/Jedis as cops type show but with a Sith protagonist as well. It's also set in the High Republic era which will be an uncharted area for the franchise. It's written by the creator of Russian Doll. Skelton Crew is next up and that's billed as Star Wars Goonies/Stranger Things. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 3

Was just wondering something about the show -

Does anyone else think there's a decent chance none of them make it back to the main Star Wars galaxy?

Or perhaps they do go back but then they return to the other galaxy, either by choice or necessity, thus explaining the absence of Ashoka and the Phoenix crew in the sequel trilogy... it would also give them a "blank canvas" in a sense to go in all kinds of new/different directions for Star Wars stories in the "new" galaxy that would be separate and apart from the established canon in the "main" Star Wars galaxy.

14 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Does anyone else think there's a decent chance none of them make it back to the main Star Wars galaxy?

Or perhaps they do go back but then they return to the other galaxy, either by choice or necessity, thus explaining the absence of Ashoka and the Phoenix crew in the sequel trilogy... it would also give them a "blank canvas" in a sense to go in all kinds of new/different directions for Star Wars stories in the "new" galaxy that would be separate and apart from the established canon in the "main" Star Wars galaxy.

thought the ghost was in the last movie when they were riding the space horses on the hull of one of the ships and all the other ships checked in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NOMAAA said:

thought the ghost was in the last movie when they were riding the space horses on the hull of one of the ships and all the other ships checked in.

Oh was it? 

I've blocked that shit movie from my mind, lol.

They could always just say it was a different VCX-100 light freighter, lol. 

20 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Skeleton Crew is supposedly set in this unknown universe. 

Considering it’s heavily implied in the last movie of the ST that Ahsoka is dead (hearing her voice amongst all the other dead Jedi voices), I don’t think Filoni would kill his baby on the show but at some point in a SW show or movie, will they ever address it? I guess maybe when the Filoniverse movie happens?

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Considering it’s heavily implied in the last movie of the ST that Ahsoka is dead (hearing her voice amongst all the other dead Jedi voices), I don’t think Filoni would kill his baby on the show but at some point in a SW show or movie, will they ever address it? I guess maybe when the Filoniverse movie happens?

She'd be 60-70 in the sequel trilogy since it's 30+ years later so she may just be retired to the Florida planet.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CooterBrown said:

She'd be 60-70 in the sequel trilogy since it's 30+ years later so she may just be retired to the Florida planet.

You don’t know the average lifespan of her species. Don’t be some a human-first kinda guy 

• Drool 1

Killing her or sending them all off to another galaxy is really the only way Filoni can get her off the failure hook.

Which is to say if they defeat Thrawn, live and stick around then they tactically win and yet strategically JJ’s Mary Sue still has to come in and clean up the First Order and somehow Palpatine returned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

It was, or at least a ship that highly resembled The Ghost was there...

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Ahsoka is Filoni's character, his baby. I wouldn't think he'll feel beholden to the shitshow that was TLJ in regards to her death.

4 hours ago, Dutch said:

It was, or at least a ship that highly resembled The Ghost was there...

spacer.png

Ahsoka is Filoni's character, his baby. I wouldn't think he'll feel beholden to the shitshow that was TLJ in regards to her death.

Look man, if you're going to post about a shitshow, at least get the shitshow that you're referencing correct. That shitshow was Rise of Skywalker, not TLJ. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Or he could end it a few years before the sequels and pretend like they never existed.

Filoni seems convinced he has to retcon everything. Not sure if George asked him to do it, or if Dave thinks it would make George happy. 

The Filoni Star Wars expanded universe film probably ends with some rise of the First Order/Kylo Ren bullshit. 

I think the prequels were savable because of Revenge of the Sith and cool Vader stuff. The sequels can’t be saved. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

48 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Filoni Star Wars expanded universe film probably ends with some rise of the First Order/Kylo Ren bullshit. 

Probably because he’s already showing how terrible and passive the New Republic is post-ROTJ. Allowing all the former Empire loyalists within the ranks of the New Republic, not listening to Hera, etc 

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Baylan abandoning his apprentice just like how Anakin abandoned Ahsoka, and Ahsoka did with Sabine. It's like poetry, it rhymes [/Lucas]

Really excited for the finale next week. That fucker had better be at least an hour long to close up all the storylines and come back from far far away

Agreed. So much happened in 38ish minutes this week. Give us a proper 55-60 min 

8 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah I think now that we finally have live action Ashoka, Phoenix crew and Thrawn, Hondo is probably the #1 "want to see in live action" on most fans' wish list.

A Captain Rex without the helmet and with his beard is #1 for me, with Hondo a close second. 

I liked the callback to Empire's asteroid field chase.  "We're going to get pulverized if we stay out here much longer". 

• Hook 'Em 3

Wtf with Ahsoka being picky about using her light sabers? Was Rosario injured during filming?

The cameo gave me the feels

Thrawn is the best part of this show just as he was in Rebels.

Hera, Dat ass baby! I said got damn!

Wtf is Baylon scheming?

Cracked me up when the space whales noped right the fuck out of dodge.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Wtf is Baylon scheming?

Go back to his short speech to his apprentice, Shin, in the previous episode. He's a both sides, tear it all down kind of guy. In that soliloquy, he mentions that he feels something powerful there while everyone else sees a desolate world. That's probably what's up. What that is I dunno.

But I do have a strong feeling Shin's gonna make a heel turn to the good guys.

11 hours ago, bolverk said:

Go back to his short speech to his apprentice, Shin, in the previous episode. He's a both sides, tear it all down kind of guy. In that soliloquy, he mentions that he feels something powerful there while everyone else sees a desolate world. That's probably what's up. What that is I dunno.

But I do have a strong feeling Shin's gonna make a heel turn to the good guys.

Having a hard time struggling with "is that just her normal face all the time or is she conflicted?"