Star Wars - Ahsoka

UT_OB1

1 hour ago, Mileslong said:

I thought this was, by far, the worst of the recent Star Wars series like Mandalorian, Bobba Fett, Obi Wan and Andor.

Are you saying they are all bad and this is the worst one of bad shit or this was the worst one of the group which includes good shit?

I would rate them:

ANDOR (great)

Mandalorian/Ahsoka (good to ok episodes)

Obi Wan (meh)

Bobba Fett (garbage)

This is my own opinion

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

So Ahsoka has to have a spare lightsaber on the ship right? Everybody is dead. You’d think she’s pick up an extra during her travels. Ezra needs some steel in his hands.

I think we’re speeding towards a Season 1 cliffhanger. I think the gang engages Thrawn and his allies, but it doesn’t get resolved. And… we’ll wait 3 years for Season 2. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

36 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So Ahsoka has to have a spare lightsaber on the ship right? Everybody is dead. You’d think she’s pick up an extra during her travels. Ezra needs some steel in his hands.

I think we’re speeding towards a Season 1 cliffhanger. I think the gang engages Thrawn and his allies, but it doesn’t get resolved. And… we’ll wait 3 years for Season 2. 

Ezra hasn't used a lightsaber in 10 years or something plus he's always been more intune with nature so him developing some force fighting abilities and not being reliant on a saber makes sense 

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

Ezra hasn't used a lightsaber in 10 years or something plus he's always been more intune with nature so him developing some force fighting abilities and not being reliant on a saber makes sense 

I agree, but he’s not besting Baylan with Force pushes. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

They’ve shown her light saber/bokken closet a few times already. Huyang looks to have kept them through his years post purge. Along with the marksman training remotes
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I thought this was, by far, the worst of the recent Star Wars series like Mandalorian, Bobba Fett, Obi Wan and Andor.

I don’t know about all that, but I do think it would have been much better as an animated series, a legit continuation of Clone Wars and Rebels.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Are you saying they are all bad and this is the worst one of bad shit or this was the worst one of the group which includes good shit?
I would rate them:
ANDOR (great)
Mandalorian/Ahsoka (good to ok episodes)
Obi Wan (meh)
Bobba Fett (garbage)

This is my own opinion

No I liked them all just didn’t like this last one near as much.

C3PO looked weird.  I'm sure even Daniels has put on some old man weight so the black midriff looked bigger or there were less wires. Something there was off. It's also like they didn't fit him with neck piece until the day of filming and when it didn't fit, they quickly just spray painted a piece of plastic with matte paint instead of it being shiny gold like every other film appearance.

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

C3PO looked weird.  I'm sure even Daniels has put on some old man weight so the black midriff looked bigger or there were less wires. Something there was off. It's also like they didn't fit him with neck piece until the day of filming and when it didn't fit, they quickly just spray painted a piece of plastic with matte paint instead of it being shiny gold like every other film appearance.

it was his movements.  They were more twitchy than in the past.  

So awesome. Thought it was great setting up thrawn as the strategic mind with him winning in the end. 

But damn they had so much more set up for Baylan what are they gonna do? Do they have to recast him? Maybe get Thomas Jane just for that Punisher effect. 

Was the figure he was standing on the mortis father? 

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

So awesome. Thought it was great setting up thrawn as the strategic mind with him winning in the end. 

But damn they had so much more set up for Baylan what are they gonna do? Do they have to recast him? Maybe get Thomas Jane just for that Punisher effect. 

Was the figure he was standing on the mortis father? 

I’m fine with a recast bc I want to see where it goes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Nice ending to a great series. The last little bit of dialogue between Ahsoka and Thrawn was a potent ending between the two. I did not see the reversal of Ahsoka and Sabine now being left behind but I’m here for it and ready to see where it goes. 

Also, Dave putting in a line from Huyang explaining why Kanans lightsaber is thin is hilarious. 

54 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That was epic. Give me season 2 nowwwwwwwwwww

Those fights were so good. Sorely lacking Baylon though. Really set up a story for him, but alas

Each episode has been a tiny bit depressing each time Baylan is on screen. Just knowing he won’t be around for season 2 sucks. And now that the season is over and we end with him going on a journey, more than likely alone, makes me even more sad. We’ll see where the character goes in season 2 but it won’t ever be the same. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Great episode… great finale…

Thrawn is always amazing, sunnavabitch loves his aerial bombardments. His ronin speech to Ahsoka was perfect.

Damnit the Baylan/Ray part hurt to watch. It was so perfect and yet sad to see. Agree they just need to recast, no cgi or “mask”.

Chop I’m sure is gonna be ready to slaughter another 10-20k troopers after this.

Ezra building another saber was a nice touch with Huyang.
Nice reference to Kanaan and Caleb during their conversation about his thin saber and the emitter shield.

Feel free to fix that YouTube link

Going back to the giant statues of the father and the son...the daughter dies in the Mortis Arc of Clone Wars and transfers her life force to Ahsoka, and the daughter statue is destroyed in the scene with Baylan. Combine that with Morai showing up, and I bet we get to explore some of the more mystical aspects of the force in the future. Hopefully with a whole season.

And, as much as I love seeing live action, I do kind of wish they had done this in animation so that they could put out more content. eight episodes just leaves you wishing for more.

• Hook 'Em 1

Not sure about the Baylan love.  He's running a "fool's errand" if anyone is, but everyone is calling him fascinating.  The way he's whining about things sounds familiar, but he has not touched the extremes of both sides like he thinks he has.  He's late to the party he's walking into and doesn't even know it.