Texas vs. tech - 11:30am on ABC

Pancho

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lullz yea it’s so dumb to get swept and watch tech new coach win big games at home and on the road. Let that lazy attitude keep up we’re used to it. 

You called this an unacceptable loss. That is very dumb of you. And I’m sure my attitude is going to have a huge impact on the teams performance. Try not to double down on stupid

So we are an inconsistent shooting team and can easily be dominated in the paint. Boy that bodes well for winning 2 or 3 consecutive games in March away from home. 

It’ll still hurt getting bounced in the round of 32 when Tech does further. 

Rebounds aren’t nearly as lopsided in the box score as it felt, but maybe it’s because they either got them at more important times, got easy points off of offensive rebounds more often, or both. 

and tech was definitely sending numbers to the offensive boards.  Why wouldn’t they, they were getting them and we couldn’t make them pay in transition. 

another thing in noticed is that tech was happy to collapse into the paint on defense and dare us to shoot well, while we played mostly 1v1 inside. And lost. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

That too but you can't disagree that they played harder than us most of the game.

Yes I can. I didn't see an overall lack of effort at any point during that game from Texas. Maybe some isolated plays from certain individuals. We shot like shit - turned the ball over too much - and got unavoidably exploited from a matchup standpoint. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Just now, ztejas said:

Yes I can. I didn't see an overall lack of effort at any point during that game from Texas. Maybe some isolated plays from certain individuals. We shot like shit - turned the ball over too much - and got unavoidably exploited from a matchup standpoint. 

Agreed. I saw great effort from both teams. Some dumb play on both sides, but no lack of effort to be found. That's one thing you can never knock a Beard team for.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Agreed. I saw great effort from both teams. Some dumb play on both sides, but no lack of effort to be found. That's one thing you can never knock a Beard team for.

Terrible play from Carr and Allen partly due to the tech defense really slowed Texas down offensively in the 2nd half -- big reason for tech win...

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Ramey and Jones were difference makers in the first half.

I expected Allen and Bishop to also be factors.  Cool that they weren't.

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Effort was absolutely not the problem. Missing open shots was

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Terrible play from Carr and Allen partly due to the tech defense really slowed Texas down offensively in the 2nd half -- big reason for tech win...

Yeah it's no big mystery why Allen would struggle against a team like this. I REALLY like him but our length and athleticism really bother the type of game he has. I would still absolutely love to have him on my team.

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So we are an inconsistent shooting team and can easily be dominated in the paint. Boy that bodes well for winning 2 or 3 consecutive games in March away from home. 

It’ll still hurt getting bounced in the round of 32 when Tech does further. 

I'm afraid we're heading for a 7, 8, or 9 seed and a very losable first round game.

On a good night, we can play with anyone in the tourney.  On a bad night, we can lose to anyone in the tourney.  There's just no telling what we're gonna get from these guys.