2022 NFL offseason news thread

Jive Turkey

Fox is in the lurch. They don’t have a real #1. Collinsworth is under contract with nbc another few years, while al Michaels is a free agent. Add in two new seats at Amazon for TNF and there will be a lot of moving around.

What’s odd with Troy to MNF is that it’s a huge investment with a contract somewhat equal to Tony. They already have a big chunk of cash tied up with the Mannings which is an innovative more entertaining show. Will be interesting.

As long as we don’t have Booger McFarland or Beth Mowins in the booth I’m fine

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Didn't see a general NFL offseason thread.  Some potentially big TV news:

Hanging your hat on Troy Aikman to draw more viewers on Monday Nights ?? 😋

giphy.gif

(Aikman is so boring -- seems like NFL has passed him by.   FOX probably better off bringing in new talent anyway. )

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, DougO said:

The fake news about McVay bolting for TV was always bullshit. Ain't nobody that young gonna leave his first championship team with a solid chance at going back to back. 

Not sure the Rams have the returning roster to go back-to-back though...  May lose several key players this off-season...

29 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not sure the Rams have the returning roster to go back-to-back though...  May lose several key players this off-season...

They will lose a few, but they still have a core to contend, and no Brady, possibly no Rodgers (though he's probably coming back) to contend with.

On 2/24/2022 at 11:53 AM, Texzilla58 said:

Fox is in the lurch. They don’t have a real #1. Collinsworth is under contract with nbc another few years, while al Michaels is a free agent. Add in two new seats at Amazon for TNF and there will be a lot of moving around.

What’s odd with Troy to MNF is that it’s a huge investment with a contract somewhat equal to Tony. They already have a big chunk of cash tied up with the Mannings which is an innovative more entertaining show. Will be interesting.

As long as we don’t have Booger McFarland or Beth Mowins in the booth I’m fine

yep fuck booger and that crooked ass finger

I'm happy about breaking up Buck and Aikman, and breaking up Al and Collinsworth. Al would be a better pair for Aikman, he will lighten it up without being the sarcastic prick that Buck is, so that maybe Aikman will seem like a better contrast in mediocrity. I still ain't gonna watch a bunch of streaming shit on Amazon. 

Put Greg Olson on one of the top big game teams. His style is refreshing.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Washington got mugged. I bet the Colts would have accepted a 5th round pick for Wentz. 

"Who has the dumbest front office and needs a QB?"

"Unfortunately, Dallas went all-in on Dak. What about Washington?"

Not sure the Commoders weren't better off with Heinicke and Fitz. Actually, I'm pretty sure they were, but who knows. Doesn't seem like the right direction to go. 

Basically swapped 2s, and Washington gave a pair of 3, and one becomes a 2 if Wentz plays 70 percent of their snaps. I'm betting on the 3.

why pay all this money when people are just gonna watch peyton and eli instead

I have had the same question since Troy was announced. I wonder what the ratings are for the game broadcast vs Payton.
And long term, if Payton is bringing eyeballs the league will want another license for it. I have no clue what the business part of it is; I’ve never seen an article on it.