Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

“I don’t know for a fact what happened, but I am not surprised. There is not much that happens in Russia with Putin not behind [it], but I don’t know enough to know the answer. I’ve been working out for the last hour and a half."

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/22/2023 at 2:56 PM, Neonmoon said:

What the fuck is the Heritage Foundation?

Right-wing think tank. At one time they came up with a health care plan to compete with Hillary Clinton’s plan. It was promoted by Bob Dole, later implemented by Mitt Romney as Governor of Massachusetts, and was the basis for Obamacare. (One of the reasons the Republicans could never come up with an alternative health care plan to Obamacare was because Obamacare was basically their plan to begin with.)

Since then they’ve become more extremist, like the party itself. They’re not alone but one of the things they do now is fund the global warming denial machine.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

It will never stop being wild to me that a whole influential wing of the American Right is captured by a Hungarian tinpot authoritarian. 

Odd personal fact, I know the semi-influential blogger (Rod Dreher) who introduced Tucker Carlson to Orban. He was flirting with Orban, who had financed a fellowship for him, at the time. I met him in another Central European nation for informal drinks and warned him that he’d one day regret his affiliation with Fidesz and if he didn’t his kids certainly would. I also tried to explain that Orban was using him to get a powerful foreign ally to hide behind to avoid pressure over corruption, and that Orban gave zero shits about the Christian culture war stuff Dreher cares about. 

Anyway, never talked to him again. He’s now in the middle of a public divorce he blogged about and resident in Hungary where he is entirely dependent on Orban’s largesse at the Danube Institute after losing his job at the American Conservative. He’s well into the finding out stage of his affair with fascism 2.0 but that hasn’t sunk in yet judging by his twitter and substack. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vatnik Senators like Mike Lee are posting polls asking whether the US should continue to support Ukraine. They aren't going as they want so now they are whining and blaming NAFO:

NAFO is of course leaning into it and he's probably going to have to take his account private soon:

why these motherfuckers so stupid?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

Vatnik Senators like Mike Lee are posting polls asking whether the US should continue to support Ukraine. They aren't going as they want so now they are whining and blaming NAFO:

NAFO is of course leaning into it and he's probably going to have to take his account private soon:

Best reply:

image.thumb.jpeg.9f2a34ee14dccdd42d33af67ab14daed.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

@The Dog this guy?

He is the perfect example of the saying that "it's easy to fool somebody, it's harder to convince them that they've been fooled."

Those of us in this thread from the start watching the whole NAFO thing start small and gradually grow over the last 18 months or so (even joining in).  We know it's a large group of anonymous people on the internet who hate Russia's invasion of Ukraine  and like the Shiba Inu heads being Photoshopped on squished down human bodies, and everybody listing their location as Langley as a joke, and many are OSINT types.  Nothing more, nothing less.

But that guy can't accept that a bunch of random, anonymous people made a fool out of him on the internet.  He looks at somebody's twitter location and he honestly believes it and can't comprehend why you'd not use your real location.

And so he'd rather believe that it was some monied mastermind that got one over on him, instead of a bunch of pranksters.

Somebody should tell him that NAFO has been around for man years, and here's a video from one of the reunions (audio is NSFW)

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/22/2023 at 9:16 AM, The Dog said:

You realize that that is not Senator Mike Lee's account, right?