Texas @ OU in Arlington Weekend Thread

zlavydra

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Pretty sure he can hold a six run lead. But who else did you have in mind?

It’s not that I don’t trust him, but we may need him the next two games.  He’s pitched a lot the last week.

also, it’s a good opportunity for others.  Like Cobb

I don’t know man he started like the first 10 games and we got nada from him. His D is solid , but situationally , his hitting has given us nada offensively. I guess we don’t necessarily HAVE to have it but he’s been very meh offensively 

Well done Pete.  OU bullpen throws 54 pitches.  That's not nuthin' for the rest of the weekend...

Great start all the way around.  Not talking sweep, but this was huge and set the table really well for the weekend.  

Y'all that are up there...make some more noise and have a blast.  

OU got outclassed tonight. This needs to be 2-1 at the least and should optimally be a sweep. 

This is still a very dangerous team. Just have to keep up the production from the starters and quit having shoot ourselves in the dick innings. We aren't the clear best squad in the country/prohibitive favorite anymore but we sure as shit aren't going to be a team anyone wants to play with their season on the line. You'd almost prefer going into the postseason that way anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

I don’t know man he started like the first 10 games and we got nada from him. His D is solid , but situationally , his hitting has given us nada offensively. I guess we don’t necessarily HAVE to have it but he’s been very meh offensively 

You’re not wrong. I just think it’s a matter of time before he finds it at the plate. And I think it will happen sooner than later

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Bally was not the issue. Bally picked up the Soonerstv streaming cast.  That was an OU production all the way.

And it showed.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to fuck your sister and get good baseball camera angles at the same time?!!!

Geezus!  You people.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, EZ$ said:

Impossible. I read on this exact message board that he couldn’t hit B12 pitching and his .250 avg would drop once we got into conference. 

He couldn't, but Tulo like he has done with a lot of guys since he got here, worked with him and turned him into a good hitter. Did away with his monster leg kick and he's started finishing his swings with 2 hands rather than the front footed, Michael Cantu, one armed flail we saw most of the beginning of the season. Quite the transformation

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, chase25 said:

He couldn't, but Tulo like he has done with a lot of guys since he got here, worked with him and turned him into a good hitter. Did away with his monster leg kick and he's started finishing his swings with 2 hands rather than the front footed, Michael Cantu, one armed flail we saw most of the beginning of the season. Quite the transformation

This.  He had some glaring issues, especially that leg kick.

They aren’t there now.

9 minutes ago, Cajun said:

This.  He had some glaring issues, especially that leg kick.

They aren’t there now.

We need to hold on to Tulo for as long as possible, invaluable in terms of player development. Only a matter of time before he moves onward and upwards

14 hours ago, Hammerin Hank said:

You’re not wrong. I just think it’s a matter of time before he finds it at the plate. And I think it will happen sooner than later

I could see it. The transfer 3b is coming on in conference play after a slow start.  Baseball is the streakiest of all sports, so im rooting for him.