2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Forgot that my wife bought a package during that Astros Charity Game a few weeks. Just showed up yesterday, pretty good haul.

Came with vouchers for 4 tickets to any regular season game, 4 vouchers for any single day of the Houston Open, and vouchers for tour of MMP. 2 bobbleheads, 4 replica championship rings, a ball signed by Jose Cruz, and an Astros Foundation RTIC sling cooler.

4 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Wut?  Won 107 games and had the best record in MLB

Believe he's referring to 3rd in HR total.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Forgot that my wife bought a package during that Astros Charity Game a few weeks. Just showed up yesterday, pretty good haul.
Came with vouchers for 4 tickets to any regular season game, 4 vouchers for any single day of the Houston Open, and vouchers for tour of MMP. 2 bobbleheads, 4 replica championship rings, a ball signed by Jose Cruz, and an Astros Foundation RTIC sling cooler.
Believe he's referring to 3rd in HR total.
Awesome. Tell her thanks for helping out. Money went to help kids in need.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Got it. I was surprised Htown would make that mistake. Now his post makes sense. 

I could have worded it better, but yeah I was referring to finish in HRs. I think 2019 was when Verlander went on his rant about the balls. The Astros had 288 HRs as a team that season and finished 3rd in the league.

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

I really, really, really want Altuve to finish the regular season at .300...with 30 homers. The way he's hit lately, both are well within reach. 

He’s suddenly 4th in MLB in wRC+ at 162 (5th if you count Trout, who hasn’t played enough games to “qualify”). He was at 160 in his MVP year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Corey Julks had two HRs for Sugar Land at Round Rock today. 31 HRs for the year with a .270/.351/.503 slash line for the season. Will be interesting to see if he can crack the 26-man roster next year. 

Julks for the playoff roster. Yeah, I know he isn’t eligible so cool your jets, Tony. 

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Damn I meant LF 

Not Brantley unless he wants to sign for cheap as hell then ok whatever.  

He's old, has no power, is slow, now coming off injury. I mean I like the guy, but he isn't a necessity for this team

We can just do what we have been doing the past 2 months out there.  Switch between Yordan/Chas playing out there if you don't want to waste money on signing Profar or someone.  Or if you do want to spend money you can go get the same no power guy in Benintendi who is 6 or 7 years younger 

• Hook 'Em 2

Verlander needs to throw 8 more innings and not give up an earned run to post an ERA of 1.736842105 which would beat Pedro's 2000 ERA of 1.741935484 which would be the lowest AL ERA of the Wild Card era (since 1995)

Now Vote 4 Pedro was 0.84 ERA below #2 (Kevin Brown) where Verlander would not even be at 50% that amount ahead of #2 this year.