2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Dnaguy said:

Not to sound shitty, but that was 100% the batter fucking up and not the pitcher throwing good pitches.

sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

Pitch bounces in front of plate. Fox announcer “That was an impressive take”. WTF?

See, part of the challenge of hitting is recognizing whether a pitch is a strike or not in the fraction of a second it takes to reach the plate

2 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Not to sound shitty, but that was 100% the batter fucking up and not the pitcher throwing good pitches.

sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.

And then there’s making “bad” pitches look like good pitches or pitching to a hitter’s tendencies.   Pitching isn’t always about throwing a strike.       

4 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

You’ve said this multiple times this post season and have been dead wrong. Time to admit Neris is alright.

You have to read that literally. That’s not me saying he sucks, that’s me saying I trust Presley, Stanek, Montero, Abreu and Brown more. 
With the bases loaded though it had to be him. You can’t go with Brown or Stanek bc they aren’t strike throwers.