2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I'm going to have to say this again...

Do y'all remember 6 months ago? Do you remember April?

The Mariners beat the Astros in Seattle a couple of times...  badly. 

SurlyMonkeys started flinging poo against the glass...  

"OmG, DuStY cAnT eVn Fi11 oUt a LiNEup CarD!"

"ThIs tEAm NEVER hiTs for VeRLAnder!!!!"

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHhhhh, I want my Mommy...."

SnacksInSlacks: Chill, Honey Bunny.

Surly: NO MOTHAFUCKER, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!!! WE'RE TWO WEEKS IN AND WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!

Slacks: These dudes are going to run away with the AL.  Chill. There was no preseason.

SURLY: GOTDAAMIT!!!! PRESEASON DOESNT MATTER! ONLY DUSTY! KILL HIM!

October 11: "Yaaaaaaaaaaay!"

11 hours ago, Alien Octopus said:

9A4DB026-E15E-4FCB-B899-418BF9C07731.thumb.jpeg.a36d8b5738a3916b811ebc9dcd2d05af.jpeg

and with your crushed spirit.

33 minutes ago, Slacks said:

I'm going to have to say this again...

Do y'all remember 6 months ago? Do you remember April?

The Mariners beat the Astros in Seattle a couple of times...  badly. 

SurlyMonkeys started flinging poo against the glass...  

"OmG, DuStY cAnT eVn Fi11 oUt a LiNEup CarD!"

"ThIs tEAm NEVER hiTs for VeRLAnder!!!!"

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHhhhh, I want my Mommy...."

SnacksInSlacks: Chill, Honey Bunny.

Surly: NO MOTHAFUCKER, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!!! WE'RE TWO WEEKS IN AND WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!

Slacks: These dudes are going to run away with the AL.  Chill. There was no preseason.

SURLY: GOTDAAMIT!!!! PRESEASON DOESNT MATTER! ONLY DUSTY! KILL HIM!

October 11: "Yaaaaaaaaaaay!"

and with your crushed spirit.

Tom Cruise What GIF

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

There is a lot of talk about the series being over, but man, it's baseball. This could galvanize them or it could be the thing that causes them to roll over and die.  I personally don't think it affects the rest of the series, as I'm a big believer in momentum is todays starting pitcher.  

Right?  Remember how the Astros were completely broken after G3 of the ALCS last year?

Well that was a fun game.  

Right when I saw Robbie Ray coming out I looked at my buddies and told them.....this is how you get fired.   Idiotic move by dildo breath Servais.  

Keep pulling those moves doofus.  

Yordan is god 

Edited by Scraps
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Cool.  Other people on other sites with alleged insight say that the FO takes a much more hands on approach to lineup construction, pen usage and the like.  It's well known throughout tons of organizations that managers have scripts they follow as the game plays out.  But yeah, the Astros, the most analytically driven team out there, are probably letting Dusty go YOLO in the the post season based upon whatever dreams he might have had the night before (actual confirmation from the Athletic article earlier this month) or how his Matza ball soup is affecting his gut. The fact that it looks completely different than the regular season couldn't have anything to do with different people giving different input.  Ignore your eyes. Ignore other teams.   Ignore the fact that it looks completely different.  You are probably totally right. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Think alot of the negative comments in April stems from being Houston sports fans for past 30+ years. As Reid Ryan said in 2017 world series kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. Alot of us are battered from decades of disappointment.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Cool.  Other people on other sites with alleged insight say that the FO takes a much more hands on approach to lineup construction, pen usage and the like.  It's well known throughout tons of organizations that managers have scripts they follow as the game plays out.  But yeah, the Astros, the most analytically driven team out there, are probably letting Dusty go YOLO in the the post season based upon whatever dreams he might have had the night before (actual confirmation from the Athletic article earlier this month) or how his Matza ball soup is affecting his gut. The fact that it looks completely different than the regular season couldn't have anything to do with different people giving different input.  Ignore your eyes. Ignore other teams.   Ignore the fact that it looks completely different.  You are probably totally right. 

We didn’t have to manage game #148 like a playoff game. The regular season was a marathon for us, not a sprint. We never had to go into grind mode during the regular #162. 

we are now on sprint mode. Every game is do or die. Players must execute 

3 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Think alot of the negative comments in April stems from being Houston sports fans for past 30+ years. As Reid Ryan said in 2017 world series kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. Alot of us are battered from decades of disappointment.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

no / shortened spring training played a huge factor 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Well that was a fun game.  

Right when I saw Robbie Ray coming out I looked at my buddies and told them.....this is how you get fired.   Idiotic move by dildo breath Servais.  

Keep pulling those moves doofus.  

Yordan is god 

that was a beyond dumb decision. M’s have a decent pen, why he went to ray was just dumb 

21 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

We didn’t have to manage game #148 like a playoff game. The regular season was a marathon for us, not a sprint. We never had to go into grind mode during the regular #162. 

we are now on sprint mode. Even game is do or die. 

Of course not.  But what about Dusty, I love to lean on veterans and guys I trust, would make you believe he would take out his kids workout partner Dubon in favor of a rookie with 29 AB's.  I can pretty much guarantee that decision was made for him.  Along with Hunter Brown.  He was pissed and said as much about Smith being left off the roster and not having a LHP. 

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Most people outside of Houston assumed the Astros were done when Pujols bukkaked Brad Lidge.

One game at a time.  Don’t let up.

Technically they were because it goat fucked our WS rotation having to pitch Roy O in St Louis for gm 6 rather than in Chicago in gm 1.

That whole series plays out differently if we didn't have to send the geezers out in the frigid cold of Chicago.

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

Right?  Remember how the Astros were completely broken after G3 of the ALCS last year?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/10/18/sports/red-sox-seem-have-been-anointed-by-baseball-gods-punish-cheating-astros-after-two-straight-beatdowns/#:~:text=By Dan Shaughnessy Globe Staff,%2C 2021%2C 11%3A27 p.m.&text=It is as if these,2017 crimes against hardball humanity.

articles like this are like a good book.  always fun to go back and reread.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pimphand said:

I love how pissed the fuck off MLB twatter is over this bwahahaha.  How do the nuts taste?

trust your closer but you just saw two rookies get a walk and a single against him. people pucker up, you have seconds to make a decision 

hensley and pena were HUGE that 9th inning

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Friendly reminder that we just did to the Mariners what the Yankees did to us twice this year when they never had a lead coming up to bat and then walked off winners despite having their asses kicked for 8 1/2 innings. 

We're gonna have to play much better from the first pitch tomorrow or the pesky Mariners could make us pay.

(fuck these off days, got me all nervous again after coming down from last night's 15-hr high.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

trust your closer but you just saw two rookies get a walk and a single against him. people pucker up, you have seconds to make a decision 

hensley and pena were HUGE that 9th inning

Man, they sure were and imo their performances under pressure are a testament to the standards of excellence and preparation from the Astros developmental structure. 

I honestly can't decide which guy deserves more credit. Hensley's 8-pitch at bat was very impressive for a guy making his postseason debut and Pena slapping a two-strike slider into center field to keep the train moving was equally impressive.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Friendly reminder that we just did to the Mariners what the Yankees did to us twice this year when they never had a lead coming up to bat and then walked off winners despite having their asses kicked for 8 1/2 innings. 

We're gonna have to play much better from the first pitch tomorrow or the pesky Mariners could make us pay.

(fuck these off days, got me all nervous again after coming down from last night's 15-hr high.)

The players need to think that way but we don’t.

mariners are toast 

vincecarter.gif

only question is what number we decide to stop at in game 3 in Seattle 

12-3 sounds about right.

Big Man is one of the hardest hitters baseball has ever seen. Looking at statcast, 118mph exit velocity is the upper limit for humans - guys like Judge, Trout and Stanton do that. One Pirate hit 122 this year on a lower level line drive.  Wish this was available in the old days, I'd bet that Bo Jackson would get 125mph.