2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, mrhorn said:

Every damn time I watched or listened to the game today the Mariners scored. I was never watching every time we scored. I understood the assignment and watched the bottom of the 9th on espn app to appease the baseball Gods. I know what my job is now.

What a fucking game!

So, my wife and I left in the top of the ninth to go out to eat to get away from the TV and change the dynamics of the universe.  Then, Yahtzee!  You do what you gotta do.

• Like 2

So... In 2017, I didn't watch, because when I listened on the radio, good shit happened.

Today, I was working and didn't know the score until someone on a call told me the Astros were getting smashed.  I checked there score app...  7-3 in the 7th.  Fuck... Get in the truck... SEA hits a funky one off the pitcher for a an out top of 8...  Then a strike'em out throw'em out, I believe...  

Bottom 8, pitcher is trying to touch 105... Yordan tried to hit it through the wall for a 1B.  Bregman BOMB.  7-5... Aaaaah, shit... These boys tryna Crush!

I don't even remember what SEA did top 9 because fuckem...  Bottom hit by pitch... Altuve K... Rookie stripes base hit... I'm missing an out somewhere.... SEA gets cute with a new pitcher... I tell my son, "oh, shit Yordan is about to smash this to win the game with a walk off!

Click.

Son looks at me like 'OMG' before the call is even made, because you know the sound of a holy shit home run when you hear it, even if you don't even watch baseball...

LET'S GOOOO...  

I think I pulled out in front of someone and almost caused a wreck. 

Garbage cans and buzzers motherfuckers!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Love this. Love ripping their hearts out.

I watched on and off at work….shitty game. Had an evening meeting, so was sitting in a presentation for the last few innings.

The boy was watching in Scotland, we’d been texting about how shitty we looked early, then didn’t say much more. My phone buzzes with a text of “YOOOORDAN!!!!” I immediately pull up the gamecast and start fist pumping in my meeting. Got home, and have spent the last hour watching highlights, reading game thread, etc. God I love playoff baseball.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Count me in on the "had to get up and do something different" for the end of the game. Watched innings 1-7 in my office and couldn't take it anymore. Decided to go work out at the office gym. Came out of the locker room from changing just in time for the Bregman HR. Next 30 minutes in the gym, I just kept occasionally checking the game feed on Twitter to see if it was over yet. The walk-off happened as I was catching a breather, definitely let out an audible "holy fucking shit" that I'm pretty sure the others in there heard. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Alvarez’s Statcast-projected 438-foot blast was the first walk-off home run in postseason history by a team trailing by multiple runs. It was the second walk-off homer in postseason history by a team down to its final out. The other was Kirk Gibson's game-ending homer off Dennis Eckersley in Game 1 of the 1988 World Series.

Both of these are hard to believe

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

This whole thread is pretty great. I just spent a good 30 minutes digging through the replies. Some great shots from right behind the plate, a couple from up right in the section where it landed and you see the ball coming right at the camera, and even some fun clips of little league teams watching on their coaches' phones at practice.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

This whole thread is pretty great. I just spent a good 30 minutes digging through the replies. Some great shots from right behind the plate, a couple from up right in the section where it landed and you see the ball coming right at the camera, and even some fun clips of little league teams watching on their coaches' phones at practice.  

This one is awesome…

• Hook 'Em 1