2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

kris bryant to the il.

so far, none of the guys on my fa wishlist are doing shit with their new teams.  i guess nobody across mlb is really hitting.

Player A: 68 ABs, 13 Runs, 16 hits, 3 2Bs, 1 3B, 4 HRs, 10 RBIs, 7 BBs, 17 Ks, .235/.321/.485, .806 OPS

Player B: 69 ABs, 7 runs, 15 hits, 3 2Bs, 0 3B, 1 HR, 7 RBIs,  7 BBs, 22 Ks, .217/.289/.304, .593 OPS

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Player A: 68 ABs, 13 Runs, 16 hits, 3 2Bs, 1 3B, 4 HRs, 10 RBIs, 7 BBs, 17 Ks, .235/.321/.485, .806 OPS

Player B: 69 ABs, 7 runs, 15 hits, 3 2Bs, 0 3B, 1 HR, 7 RBIs,  7 BBs, 22 Ks, .217/.289/.304, .593 OPS

Player B has had a good last couple games but yeah- he started out ice cold (other than still playing platinum globe caliber defense at SS). 

be interesting to watch how it all plays out. 

So Correa guys. Where ya at? 

Hello. I’m not inclined to summarily dismiss a generational talent with an .850 career playoff OPS based on his first 69 ABs in a blah lineup with shit weather.

Peña proving to be a bonafide big leaguer doesn’t mean the team wouldn’t/couldn’t have been better with another 1-year deal for Carlos…I don’t think Peña would’ve been “wasted” as an alternative to Goodrum, and he’d probably be getting a lot of starts in Altuve’s absence anyway.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Muny_Tex said:

Hello. I’m not inclined to summarily dismiss a generational talent with an .850 career playoff OPS based on his first 69 ABs in a blah lineup with shit weather.

Peña proving to be a bonafide big leaguer doesn’t mean the team wouldn’t/couldn’t have been better with another 1-year deal for Carlos…I don’t think Peña would’ve been “wasted” as an alternative to Goodrum, and he’d probably be getting a lot of starts in Altuve’s absence anyway.

Just incredibly well said. 

14 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean, that is just awful. Instead of best hitter hitting two we go worst hitter hitting two. So sick of that shit. And yes, I know it doesn’t matter all that much over the long run. 

yordan and Tucker are doing great in their current slots, let it ride 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Muny_Tex said:

Generally agree with this, but would note whether or not we use the money saved to plug some holes at the deadline will play a major role in how we look at this after the year…..so mark it incomplete, Dude.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean, that is just awful. Instead of best hitter hitting two we go worst hitter hitting two. So sick of that shit. And yes, I know it doesn’t matter all that much over the long run. 

Instead of Tucker coming up in a 1 run game in the 9th - we get Nico - this is stupid baseball