NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

Boston streets have way more tough guys than the people who occupy the mostly corporate owned seats in the lower bowl. 

My first time in, I went Boston for a beer convention back in 2012, and on the way to the hotel to check in, we were stopped at a crosswalk. The light turned green, but cars weren't moving, then two drivers go out of their cars yelling at each other in typical Bahstun accents the most stereotypical lines from a movie, "Hey why ya following me?? You want a piece of this???" "YEAH I DO!!!" Punches commence. Random people on the sidewalk break it up. Guys go back to their cars and speed off. I could see those guys treating visiting fans poorly.

Fantastic kicker. Gave me a good chuckle. Thanks for sharing.

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

The most overrated player in NBA history.  In the old NBA, he'd be tossed around like a rag doll.  Neither tall, big, or physical.  He's as big as Michael Jordan was.

In the new NBA, not particularly skilled.  If not for being surrounded by some of the greatest skill players ever, might not make a roster.  I'm not saying he sucks, but he's not HOF and he'll be in the HOF.

Edited by Aqua Buddha
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stringer said:

Why the fuck is Boston just jacking up 3’s. You’re down 3. Calm down.

And there goes Steph being Steph. What a player. Going to miss him when he’s gone.

Yeah, celtics really lost their focus on offense in the 4th quarter.  Championship heart has carried GSW to this likely win tonight...

Curry freakin' amazing...

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

the man we love to hate, Dray, gets the biggest Off rebound of the game. 

upthread Dutch called a Dub win tonight and nailed it. C's are bad at home.  This was the series and Celtics choked.  Probably goes 7 i guess. 

I always thought the winner of this game wins the series. Celtics really had a chance to take huge control. And now it's about to be tied with 2 of the next 3 in GSW. 

Boston absolutely choked in the 4th. And jacking up 3s when only down 3. 

40 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Curry keeping GSW in game -- Boston better win tonight or warriors gonna steal a championship away from celtics.

like taking candy from a baby...

Saw this coming when celtics could not separate and get a double digit lead at any point tonight. The celtics blew this game -- GSW did not play well tonight but their toughness won this game.  

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

Holy shit, the Celtics challenged that call and LOST????  If Horford isn't allowed to jump up and contest a fucking layup like that, then nobody should be allowed to play defense. What a fucking joke of a call. 

It wouldn't be GSW if they aren't playing by different rules. Their entire offensive system starting in the 2014-15 season was predicated on getting away with moving screens all game which teams had no way to stop (hence why they are illegal). And Draymond gets to play like a linebacker out there. 

14 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Fantastic game. Curry is a witch. Best shooter ever. Completely ridiculous. 

First possession of the 2nd half, down by 5 with the need to keep Boston from extending the lead, dude hits a 22' on-purpose bank shot 2. Like, who the fuck does that?

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Kermit said:

I’m on vacation, surrounded by Warriors fans. They’re passing Lakers fans in obnoxiousness by the second. Aggie, I’m pretty sure you’re the only one of these douchebags I like. 

Don't be ridiculous...

...you haven't actually met me yet.

Dray has been ass, my dude, but let's tap the brakes for a hot minute. Had he not missed 30 games due to injury, he wins DPOY going away. He's been a half step slow since coming back for a dude that doesn't have a half step to give to top tier NBA talent.

Boston is a terrible matchup for Golden State, and Draymond in particular. Their ability to seamlessly switch all the off ball actions has really hindered their ball movement and cutting , where Draymond thrives. So they're basically running the "Steph, do something!" offense with Dray just taking up space.

Combine that with being scared shitless of trying to get up a layup with any of Williams/Horford/Brown/Tatum in his field of view, and you get a truly ugly performance. He'll be better at home.

11 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

If not for being surrounded by some of the greatest skill players ever, might not make a roster.

You act like he was drafted by some juggernaut. Golden State was just a cute also-ran led by a scrawny dude with brittle ankles. It's not a coincidence that their rise coincided with Draymond being inserted into the starting lineup. He allows them to play how they want offensively, without sacrificing defense. I love me some Klay, but, in non-KD years, Dray has consistently been their 2nd best player. The chemistry and two man game between he and Steph isn't replaceable.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 2