Texas v. Alabama (Sept. 10) on Fox. Probably at 11 am

Jive Turkey

35 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

imagine the game being the reverse of our last game against Bama 

You keep brining up that game....as if it is relevant to the game that will happen this September. Your is a truly unique football ethos. The way your mind works fascinates me. I would love to know your opinions on politics, religion, etc. 

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

For you chicken fuckers who are seizing on a minor injury to a TE as a ray of hope, imagine the game being the reverse of our last game against Bama, starting with Bama's Heisman QB going down and out of the game about three plays in. Is Bama's QB2 going to find his helmet and get on the field and commence squinting at our D, or do you think we're going to get face-raped anyway?

Thx for tweet @Zeus

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

You keep brining up that game....as if it is relevant to the game that will happen this September. Your is a truly unique football ethos. The way your mind works fascinates me. I would love to know your opinions on politics, religion, etc. 

That's because it IS relevant. It's the most recent high-water mark of our  football program. 

"Your is a truly unique football ethos." Holy shit, you can't type, or perhaps it's just complete ignorance. I doubt you'd recognize an ethos if it bit you on your cock, assuming it could find  one on you.

Politics? Religions? My opinions are the same on both: Thieves,  liars, and assholes peddling non-existent dualities from both pockets in a single pair of pants. 

Etc.? You're going to have to be more specific on those.

Thanks for playing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tex Long said:

That's because it IS relevant. It's the most recent high-water mark of our  football program. 

"Your is a truly unique football ethos." Holy shit, you can't type, or perhaps it's just complete ignorance. I doubt you'd recognize an ethos if it bit you on your cock, assuming it could find  one on you.

Politics? Religions? My opinions are the same on both: Thieves,  liars, and assholes peddling non-existent dualities from both pockets in a single pair of pants. 

Etc.? You're going to have to be more specific on those.

Thanks for playing.

damn Tex Long'ed might be a thing now lmao

your is a truly unique football ethos 

PzEyNzcyNjE1NjY

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/3/2022 at 9:32 AM, Fud said:

A more recent posts from that same board

"Now, D76 on TI is saying Latu should be okay for the opening game. Very good news if true."

After Bama's first practice

Alabama football tight end Cameron Latu is going to miss an undetermined amount of time of preseason practices, Nick Saban said. 

Saban chose not specify what the particular injury was when asked.  "Cam is going to miss some time in camp," Saban said. "I don't know exactly how long."

29 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

After Bama's first practice

Alabama football tight end Cameron Latu is going to miss an undetermined amount of time of preseason practices, Nick Saban said. 

Saban chose not specify what the particular injury was when asked.  "Cam is going to miss some time in camp," Saban said. "I don't know exactly how long."

Saw someone say that he’s expected to come back around week 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Saw someone say that he’s expected to come back around week 1

I hope both rosters are full, healthy, and the game is good. Beyond that, there’s not much else to hope for.

Alabama is where we’d like to be as a program and this game is going to be a measuring stick for our progress in that direction. I’ll be looking at execution of scheme, tackling, and, more importantly, heart. Need to see a team that won’t quit and has some fight in them. Tackling, although it’s lack there of has been reported to be an epidemic across the country, is critical for a team’s success. Last year, it seemed as though our guys were put in places to succeed, but couldn’t/wouldn’t execute. I hope that trend gets corrected. 🤘🏼Fuck OU 

I hope both rosters are full, healthy, and the game is good. Beyond that, there’s not much else to hope for.
Alabama is where we’d like to be as a program and this game is going to be a measuring stick for our progress in that direction. I’ll be looking at execution of scheme, tackling, and, more importantly, heart. Need to see a team that won’t quit and has some fight in them. Tackling, although it’s lack there of has been reported to be an epidemic across the country, is critical for a team’s success. Last year, it seemed as though our guys were put in places to succeed, but couldn’t/wouldn’t execute. I hope that trend gets corrected. Fuck OU 

The team hasn’t actually “quit” for multiple seasons now. Quitting hasn’t been the issue. Sucking at football on the other hand….
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2022 at 4:29 PM, bornbama1 said:

They do College Gameday fairly often for SEC games that are on CBS, they get first pick of the SEC. Not sure about Fox games, but it's possible.

They'll do both CBS and Fox games if the interest is there and given the other games that weekend you don't really have too many other showdowns.  The problem is their tendency to want to spread around Game Day and we also have potential big national interest in our ou, osu, and baylor games.  We aren't getting Game Day 4 times in a year so they'll skip at least a few of those games.

The team hasn’t actually “quit” for multiple seasons now. Quitting hasn’t been the issue. Sucking at football on the other hand….

They absolutely quit last year. They didn’t quit when there was something to play for against Arkansas or OU, but it was obvious they’d checked out by the time the Iowa State and Kansas games rolled around.

I basically checked out after Oklahoma State too so I’m not going to get all fired up about it. But the team very obviously quit.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

My bad for poor language use. I was thinking about Foster specifically when I wrote that, but your point still stands. I will say though, each new season brings a "new" team to the stage and just because they didn't quit in the past doesn't mean they won't quit in the future. Maintaining a mentally focused team is the job duty of every coach. 

Edited by Droopy

They absolutely quit last year. They didn’t quit when there was something to play for against Arkansas or OU, but it was obvious they’d checked out by the time the Iowa State and Kansas games rolled around.

I basically checked out after Oklahoma State too so I’m not going to get all fired up about it. But the team very obviously quit.

I quit once Casey through that game ending pick vs Okie State.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

I have absolutely no data to support my conclusion, but I like our chances.

Looking at the past, just last year Bama's D played as badly against Piggie as ours did, but they won by 7 because their O didn't completely shit the bed, as ours did when our frosh QB turned out to be Chicken Little and got shut the fuck out in the first half... and the halftime adjustment turned out to be having the D fuck up the second half.

Still, the point is, Bama showed flashes of mortality last year, and it might could happen again. If it does, we think/hope both our O and D can step up and take advantage.

BE WARNED: if that happens, the polls will drop them from  1 all the way down to 4, while  we will rise from 18 to 17.

On 8/9/2022 at 5:52 AM, Scooter Monzingo said:

I have absolutely no data to support my conclusion, but I like our chances.

Sark had us coming out with good offensive game plans in the first half of most games. They’ve had months to prepare for this matchup, hopefully they will have some clever defensive schemes to confuse Bama and BOB, and we can win on turnovers and special teams play. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Sark had us coming out with good offensive game plans in the first half of most games. They’ve had months to prepare for this matchup, hopefully they will have some clever defensive schemes to confuse Bama and BOB, and we can win on turnovers and special teams play. 

Maybe they'll confuse us with Texas A&M and we'll win, because Texas A&M controls the Tide.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I was day dreaming about beating Bama the other day and wondering if we would jump them in the polls if we happened to do so. My guess is no, bc we aren’t SEC yet. 

Bama will drop from 1 to 4. If at least 3 or 4 teams above us lose, we will go up from 18 to 17. 

21 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I was day dreaming about beating Bama the other day and wondering if we would jump them in the polls if we happened to do so. My guess is no, bc we aren’t SEC yet. 

But you would get to hear Gus Johnson shout that “Texas is back” at the top of his lungs, so there’s that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Nah. On a serious note I think it would be Bama at 6 and Texas at 8. 

Seriously? I would not expect Bama to fall that far, but Texas would not rise so much, either... maybe 12. Particularly - seriously - if the reason behind our win turned out to be Bama QB going down and out of the game early in Q1. "Oh, see? Their Heisman QB was hurt.  It was a fluke! Bama woulda coulda shoulda won."

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Seriously? I would not expect Bama to fall that far, but Texas would not rise so much, either... maybe 12. Particularly - seriously - if the reason behind our win turned out to be Bama QB going down and out of the game early in Q1. "Oh, see? Their Heisman QB was hurt.  It was a fluke! Bama woulda coulda shoulda won."

I hope we have the opportunity to figure this out. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Yeah, would be a real shame if he got a freak temporary nerve injury in his throwing shoulder during the first series and they had to play their backup the rest of the way. Because that sounds like it would really suck, especially in a big game. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4