2017-18 Dallas Mavericks: Bombing for Bamba

RexWilson

Yogi signing with Sac is a blessing in disguise. I really didn't want yet another short guard taking away ball handling duties from Doncic and DSJ. What do you guys think of Pat Connaughton. I'm actually surprised the Blazers let him go. I think he's ripe for a bigger role this upcoming season.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

A good omission from that list is the Game 4 vs. Lakers during the championship year that sent Phil Jackson packing (from coaching).

That series ended the Lakers run as we knew it. 

Games 1-3 of that series were classics. Especially how they fought back to win Game 1 on the road to set the tone. And they rallied at the end to win Game 3 at home. Such a fun ride that postseason. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

A fine was a slap on the wrist for all the shit that went down in this organization for the past 2 decades. 

Aside from a forced sale of the team, what else could they do?  Suspend Cuban?  How does that work for an owner?  If he’s not allowed at any team facility, do you think that the employees are not aware of who ultimately signs their paychecks?  Let’s say he’s given a 6-month suspension, and Donnie is put in charge.  Do you think Donnie trades Luka or DSJ without consulting Cuban?  There’s no real way to punish an owner except for forcing them out, and in today’s nba, that will only happen if race is the issue, because that’s when the players (product) revolt.

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Aside from a forced sale of the team, what else could they do?  Suspend Cuban?  How does that work for an owner?  If he’s not allowed at any team facility, do you think that the employees are not aware of who ultimately signs their paychecks?  Let’s say he’s given a 6-month suspension, and Donnie is put in charge.  Do you think Donnie trades Luka or DSJ without consulting Cuban?  There’s no real way to punish an owner except for forcing them out, and in today’s nba, that will only happen if race is the issue, because that’s when the players (product) revolt.

Why not force a sale? They did it to Sterling for something less than this. Not to downplay racism but the comments he made compared to 2 decades of this isn't even close.

The players were considering sitting out a playoff game in Sterling’s case.  That required immediate acton.  The players run the NBA, the owners run the NFL.   I’m not defending Cuban here, and I would be ambivalent if he was forced out. The difference between Cuban and Sterling is that Sterling was on tape saying racist shit, and Cuban was in charge of an organization that had #metoo problems.  If there were multiple instances of Cuban personally doing inappropriate shit, he would be fucked, but I’m only aware of one, and that one was a little shaky.  I’ll openly admit that I have ignored a lot of this story, but if the parties largely responsible are no longer with the organization, I have a hard time going full lynch mob on Cuban.