[News/Updates] Mass Shooting at Robb Elementary Uvalde - 5/24/2022

Ghost of LL

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If a cop pulls you over for something and says he’s going to write you a ticket and you say “no you’re not”, he’s not going to radio back to HQ for orders.

Yes, but what this handbook presupposes is, "What if he did?"  

On 1/20/2024 at 8:49 AM, YGIFS said:

You know, it's sad but true.  It'd eventually cause a lot of disinformation later and I'd get fired and pariah'd by the community and be a punchline on Fox & Friends, but if I was an SRO or principal or asst. police chief of whatever, I call it in, "An armed Black drag queen is barricaded inside the school and is shooting the children and teachers!"  Within 90 seconds, the whole thing would be over with.  I'd be the asshole, but at least far fewer children would be dead.  

narrator: You are already the asshole. 

So, nothing lost if you have to implement your scheme. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Evidently they just put one of the Dads of one of the kids in cuffs.  he illegally dropped an F bomb at a meeting.  Heroes were very quick to grab him and arrest him.  About 77 minutes faster than last time. So at least they’re improving at that.

Can't have something that would upset children like swearing at a meeting about children getting murdered en mass in the classroom

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-school-shooting-police-response-b5c9f8204f33f62f720a7c1644b47ffc

Uvalde City Council to release investigation of the police response to 2022 school massacre

The city’s independent investigation comes after a nearly 600-page January report by the Department of Justice found massive failures by law enforcement, including acting with “no urgency” to establish a command post, assuming the subject was barricaded despite ongoing gunfire, and communicating inaccurate information to grieving families.

Attorney General Merrick Garland said the victims “deserved better,” as he presented the Justice Department’s findings to the affected families in Uvalde.

“Had law enforcement agencies followed generally accepted practices in active shooter situations and gone right after the shooter and stopped him, lives would have been saved and people would have survived,” Garland said at the news conference in January.

The report also found failings in the aftermath, with untrained hospital staff improperly delivering painful news and officials giving families mixed messages and misinformation about victims and survivors. One official told waiting families that another bus of survivors was coming, but that was untrue.

Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott initially praised the law enforcement response, saying the reason the shooting was “not worse is because law enforcement officials did what they do.” He claimed that officers had run toward gunfire to save lives.

But in the weeks following the shooting, that story changed as information released through media reports and lawmakers’ findings illustrated the botched law enforcement response.

At least five officers who were on the scene have lost their jobs, including two Department of Public Safety officers and the on-site commander, Pete Arredondo, the former school police chief. No officers have faced criminal charges.

• Rage+1 2

Huh. Turns out it's official policy to let a shooter murder a roomfull of children unhindered

https://abcnews.go.com/US/uvalde-city-council-finds-police-lacked-clear-leader/story?id=107893515

It's fucking crazy that nobody apparently violated any policies? What the actual fucking fuck? The official policy is for the cops to let a shooter murder the fuck out of a school full of kids?

Parkland and uvalde insufficient. Instructions unclear. Need more examples to know FOR SURE that the only correct strategy is to relentlessly push. 

I physically can’t understand how a police officer can enter this sort of situation and think anything other than “I’m about to be a hero” and move forward with urgency and confidence, Nashville style. 

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

So basically the former Austin cop, investigating the police response, said that the local cops did their best based on their equipment, training and the situation they faced.

And their overwhelming numbers against a single target.

I like that they completely conflicted the preliminary reports which indicated they were intimidated by the murder’s firepower of choice. 

good guys with guns work 60% of the time, everytime

From AAS:

Prado ended his presentation and departed, which angered parents and victims’ relatives who demanded that he return.

Prado returned and sat down, wearing his cowboy hat, and did not answer questions from the families.

“Have the decency to take off your cowboy hat,” said one family member, calling on Prado to do it out of respect for the dead children.

Prado kept the hat on and his head down.

2 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

From AAS:

Prado ended his presentation and departed, which angered parents and victims’ relatives who demanded that he return.

Prado returned and sat down, wearing his cowboy hat, and did not answer questions from the families.

“Have the decency to take off your cowboy hat,” said one family member, calling on Prado to do it out of respect for the dead children.

Prado kept the hat on and his head down.

Wow what an absolute sack of shit. I hope he watches his back doing something like that to his community 

Posted (edited)

Well we’ve seen endless rich / famous / politicians publicly and easily skirt responsibility for their actions.  Repeatedly.  Seems most cops already have a disdain for the public.  No shock that’s how this played out.  

Edited by Homercles
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

So basically the former Austin cop, investigating the police response, said that the local cops did their best based on their equipment, training and the situation they faced.

Shitty cop covers for shitty cops.  Film at 11:00.

Everyone step back, there's gonna be a LOT of shock and surprise in this room!

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Shitty cop covers for shitty cops.  Film at 11:00.

Everyone step back, there's gonna be a LOT of shock and surprise in this room!

We all know that you can pretty much hire any "expert" to produce whatever outcome you want. I pay an expert to say the sky isn't blue.

If you really wanted a thorough and independent review, you would bring in ~5 experts from the FBI, DPS, and those familiar with local and school policing. Ask them to produce a comprehensive result including the ability for any of them to disagree.

Or you can hire a single ex-cop.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

We all know that you can pretty much hire any "expert" to produce whatever outcome you want. I pay an expert to say the sky isn't blue.

If you really wanted a thorough and independent review, you would bring in ~5 experts from the FBI, DPS, and those familiar with local and school policing. Ask them to produce a comprehensive result including the ability for any of them to disagree.

This single ex-cop is doing his best Bill Barr impersonation, trying to bury the lede of an incredibly criminally incriminating report.

And it's probably going to work too, because Texas.

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I have engaged experts and consultants on multiple post-incident/crisis reports.  Your approach is exactly right (it's not always necessary to cast that big a net, but looking for independence, and often, even hiring two consultants so that they have to discuss and agree/disagree on things).  Whatever the case, you want to do all you can to find a truly independent person who will not have material natural sympathies one way or another.

Shit, as a trial lawyer (so, there's liability risk), a good technique is to hire a consulting-only (read: "you can keep his finding confidential") expert to do an analysis.  If I hire a consultant to analyze why the bridge my client built collapsed, and he tells me "because your client ordered the wrong type of concrete, which was rated way below what the plans called for," I want to find out that bad fact sooner rather than later.

I doubt sincerely that the people in charge of hiring Prado wanted to find out bad facts.  They instead wanted a finding that would cover their collective asses.  And he delivered.

• Like 2

The lack of accountability after the fact is the worst aspect of this whole thing.

That hundreds of trained LEOs stood by and ignored their training is difficult to comprehend.

That the general public already knows massive fuckups occurred because it is self-evident that you dont let kids bleed out and you go after an active shooter.

We know it. They know it. We know they know. They know we know they know they fucked up. That this report comes out is infuriating.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Eskimohorn said:

The lack of accountability after the fact is the worst aspect of this whole thing.

That hundreds of trained LEOs stood by and ignored their training is difficult to comprehend.

That the general public already knows massive fuckups occurred because it is self-evident that you dont let kids bleed out and you go after an active shooter.

We know it. They know it. We know they know. They know we know they know they fucked up. That this report comes out is infuriating.

Well, it does provide clarity on one thing: it is not the job of cops to protect you or your children.  That is, they can stand by and watch you or your kids being slaughtered, and that's not a failure.

Don't count on a cop to help you.  Ever.  Not ever, not even once in a million years.  If one does, it's a happy accident, but remember this: IT'S NOT HIS FUCKING JOB.

Now, as to the answer to the question "well...then....what the fuck IS their job?"  Beats the hell outta me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, it does provide clarity on one thing: it is not the job of cops to protect you or your children.  That is, they can stand by and watch you or your kids being slaughtered, and that's not a failure.

Don't count on a cop to help you.  Ever.  Not ever, not even once in a million years.  If one does, it's a happy accident, but remember this: IT'S NOT HIS FUCKING JOB.

Now, as to the answer to the question "well...then....what the fuck IS their job?"  Beats the hell outta me.

Wilhoit’s law

• Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah the same literal people that led the active shooter training WERE IN THE FUCKING HALLWAYS WHEN THE SHOOTING STARTED! What the fuck are we even doing if traumatizing children during school drills doesn't even give a marginal benefit during the crisis that they explicitly trained for???

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

What the fuck are we even doing if traumatizing children during school drills doesn't even give a marginal benefit during the crisis that they explicitly trained for???

What are we doing?

Theater, for the express purpose of doing a single thing of substance.  Duh.  Do you even 'murica, bro?

16 hours ago, Captainant said:

Huh. Turns out it's official policy to let a shooter murder a roomfull of children unhindered

https://abcnews.go.com/US/uvalde-city-council-finds-police-lacked-clear-leader/story?id=107893515

It's fucking crazy that nobody apparently violated any policies? What the actual fucking fuck? The official policy is for the cops to let a shooter murder the fuck out of a school full of kids?

Bluewash 

• Hook 'Em 1

This report did list the broader law enforcement failures noted in January's federal report. In his presentation, Prado said that lack of officer response training, lack of law enforcement communication and lack of police tactical equipment were the principal failures by law enforcement. However, Prado said the officers closest to the shooter acted to the best of their ability given the failures.

"Give us more money for stuff" - Prado. 

40 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

lack of police tactical equipment

yeah.  That's what held them back.  They just hadn't ordered enough tacticool gear from compensatingforasmallpenis.com.  That's totally what did it.  Look at these guys, they were practically NAKED!

new-uvalde-video-03-kvue-jef-220712_1657

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

To stop you from attempting to save your children, apparently.  As that is what they decided to do to occupy their time at the school. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

yeah.  That's what held them back.  They just hadn't ordered enough tacticool gear from compensatingforasmallpenis.com.  That's totally what did it.  Look at these guys, they were practically NAKED!

new-uvalde-video-03-kvue-jef-220712_1657

Look carefully at the fuck stick facing the camera on the right.

Carefully.

Because he sure as fuck isn't. That guns a low rest. NOT low READY. The barrel might not be directly pointing at his hero buddy's leg, but it's very close if not.

1) All guns gun are always loaded. (Check)

2) Never point your gun at something/someone you're not willing/want to destroy/injure/kill (check)

3) Never put your finger on the trigger until your firearm is down range on target. (CHECK)

4) Confirm your target (I guess check???)

Those are the 4 fundamentals of gun safety and in the process of not protecting innocent people during and active shooting, that fuck head is violating all of them.

I'm not anti-police, nor anti-gun but I'm sure as fuck anti dumb fucking cowards with guns.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

I'm not anti-police, but I'm sure as fuck anti dumb fucking cowards with guns.

Yeah.  What you've got there is an irreconcilable contradiction.  "Dumb fucking cowards with guns" is their official brand and policy: an independent report just confirmed it.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, mchookem said:

this whole thing continues to be greek tragedy levels of heartbreaking 💔😢

It's only heartbreaking if you give a shit.

Fortunately, this means that no police officers' hearts are being broken.  And that's what's really important here.

• 4 weeks later...

Uvalde Mayor Pro-Tem Everardo Zamora said they took the advice of their attorneys, the Tarski Law Firm, in hiring Prado.

https://www.tarskilaw.com/

The Law Office of Paul J. Tarski has over 30 years of experience working with clients in family litigation, commercial litigation, real estate and probate. Our office brings over two decades of practice in Southwest Texas to your case. We work to provide our clients a goal oriented focus on realistic solutions in complex situations and circumstances. Our small firm is able to provide you with loyal representation through strong counsel. We will never promise specific outcomes, but rather provide you with the information and advice you need in order to move forward. Our litigation experience allows us to help you fight the battles you can win.

16 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Everyone involved failed to follow the golden rule of professionals: be smart enough to know how dumb you are.

When something is outside your wheelhouse....help your client find the experts on the subject.  Yes, even if that means one of your "competitors."  You're a lawyer.  That's what a fiduciary does.  I know quite a few lawyers who have gotten a call from a client about a shitstorm, their eyes go wide, and they answer "I couldn't begin to help you on that....but let me help you find the people who can."

Small-time thinkers think small.  That's what Uvalde has, and they got the expected result.

• Hook 'Em 1

I hope every single one of those cops ends up killing themselves some day in guilt. I don't give a fuck how that makes me sound. They deserve worse. As does Greg Abbott and every other slapdick piece of shit that runs this state that decided to lie about everything that happened instead of doing something tangible.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1