[News/Updates] Mass Shooting at Robb Elementary Uvalde - 5/24/2022

Ghost of LL

The answer is what the answer seems.  As we all knew or suspected, cops only want a part of an unfair fight to their overwhelming advantage and are willing to sacrifice the lives of any number of children to save their own. 
that’s not the job description. In these situations, the cops are supposed to be the ones going to the danger, taking the risks. That’s why they are supposed to be lauded as heroes, because they allegedly chose to do so by joining the force.  But time and again they don’t. 

and every politician’s initial tweet of condolences also includes a thank you to LEO for their actions and bravery, because that is a group you can’t afford to have against you as an elected official. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Have somebody here at work saying police didn't know where he was cause shooter went around to back of school so LEO lost sight of shooter therefore its ok they waited to engage the shooter. Swear I work with some of the dumbest people alive. This guy is former marine, short guy also.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Rage+1 2

56 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

here's a rundown of reports so far.

The last one is one of the stand-alone facts that just leaves me gobsmacked.

I mean.....how many times have we heard LEO all in their "hoorah git some" mode talking about "dynamic entry" this and "dynamic entry" that?  IT'S A FUCKING LOCKED/BLOCKED CLASSROOM DOOR.  It's not fucking Fort Knox.  Have 3 of your big dudes slam into it with their shoulders.  Fuck, shoot the goddamn knob/lock mechanism.  Drive a fucking car into the exterior wall, making entry that way.  IDGAF.  Just get in there and save lives.

Dear cops:  YOU HAD ONE JOB.

Fuck this fucking state, country, and planet.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

how long exactly did the shooting go on for? I wouldn't imagine it would take more than one, maybe two minutes for the shooter to do what he did in an enclosed classroom with 25 people. were there shots for 2 minutes and then 30 minutes of nothing?

Just now, po elvis said:

how long exactly did the shooting go on for? I wouldn't imagine it would take more than one, maybe two minutes for the shooter to do what he did in an enclosed classroom with 25 people. were there shots for 2 minutes and then 30 minutes of nothing?

News reports are that police were on the scene 40-60 minutes before they went in.  Presumably does not account for the time the attacker got there or the longer number may include that.  First responders got to the scene within 3 minutes of the call going out.

The last one is one of the stand-alone facts that just leaves me gobsmacked.
I mean.....how many times have we heard LEO all in their "hoorah git some" mode talking about "dynamic entry" this and "dynamic entry" that?  IT'S A FUCKING LOCKED/BLOCKED CLASSROOM DOOR.  It's not fucking Fort Knox.  Have 3 of your big dudes slam into it with their shoulders.  Fuck, shoot the goddamn knob/lock mechanism.  Drive a fucking car into the exterior wall, making entry that way.  IDGAF.  Just get in there and save lives.
Dear cops:  YOU HAD ONE JOB.
Fuck this fucking state, country, and planet.

I’ve been assuming it was likely a metal door with a metal frame, so shoulder crashing probably wouldn’t work.

Pretty sure driving a car into a classroom probably isn’t the right way.

But yea, do fucking something.

How long does it take to find a goddamned key?

11 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

News reports are that police were on the scene 40-60 minutes before they went in.  Presumably does not account for the time the attacker got there or the longer number may include that.  First responders got to the scene within 3 minutes of the call going out.

but the shooting itself? was the shooting done in two minutes and the guy was sitting there for the next 40-60 minutes?

Just now, tbone_ said:

I’ve been assuming it was likely a metal door with a metal frame, so shoulder crashing probably wouldn’t work.

Pretty sure driving a car into a classroom probably isn’t the right way.

But yea, do fucking something.

How long does it take to find a goddamned key?

Children are being murdered on the other side of that door.

In that situation, there is no WRONG way to make entry.   Get the fuck in there, however you can.

Metal door with metal frame?  Hand me my 12 gauge with buckshot.  I'll get you the fuck in that door inside of 30 seconds.  If you can enter with a key.....you can enter by blowing the fucking locking mechanism to hell with a shotgun.

Cops are more likely to use their weapons against fucking unarmed drug suspects than they are to use them to bust down a door to save lives?  Fuck this shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, po elvis said:

but the shooting itself? was the shooting done in two minutes and the guy was sitting there for the next 40-60 minutes?

If so, I wonder if the next revelation is that the shooter did in fact kill himself before the cops finally came in. And they never actually “neutralized” him other than to maybe shoot his corpse. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

If so, I wonder if the next revelation is that the shooter did in fact kill himself before the cops finally came in. And they never actually “neutralized” him other than to maybe shoot his corpse. 

Honestly, at this point, I don't much care what the next fact to come out is.  I'm just confident that it will be a perfect mix of horrifying and disappointing.

There are no heroes.  Not only does a "good guy with a gun" not matter, it apparently can prevent parents from rushing in to save their children by any means available.  There is no way to harden a school against an attacker (seriously, the cops couldn't get through a locked door for nearly an hour?  I'm betting the shooter would have put 3-4 rounds in that lock and waltzed right in.....but then, deranged gunmen are apparently more resourceful and more clearheaded thinkers than all the cops in Texas put together).

Find a part of this story that DOESN'T make you fall into complete despair and want to puke -- I challenge you to do so.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The answer is what the answer seems.  As we all knew or suspected, cops only want a part of an unfair fight to their overwhelming advantage and are willing to sacrifice the lives of any number of children to save their own. 
that’s not the job description. In these situations, the cops are supposed to be the ones going to the danger, taking the risks. That’s why they are supposed to be lauded as heroes, because they allegedly chose to do so by joining the force.  But time and again they don’t. 

and every politician’s initial tweet of condolences also includes a thank you to LEO for their actions and bravery, because that is a group you can’t afford to have against you as an elected official. 

It actually is the job description though. Not what we think the job description is, their actual job description. Cops have no legal duty or obligation of any kind to help anyone in any situation at all and they're taught that the most important thing, above every other consideration, is going home alive. They're then immunized by the state, empowered to do literally anything they want (at least to anyone who doesn't have serious political clout), and lionized as heroes simply for wearing a badge that requires nothing of them. 

What else could we possibly expect?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

In that situation, there is no WRONG way to make entry.   Get the fuck in there, however you can.

Metal door with metal frame?  Hand me my 12 gauge with buckshot.  I'll get you the fuck in that door inside of 30 seconds.  If you can enter with a key.....you can enter by blowing the fucking locking mechanism to hell with a shotgun.

Cops are more likely to use their weapons against fucking unarmed drug suspects than they are to use them to bust down a door to save lives?  Fuck this shit.

A door can't move furtively though. 

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

immunized by the state, empowered to do literally anything they want (at least to anyone who doesn't have serious political clout), and lionized as heroes simply for wearing a badge that requires nothing of them. 

Instead of "to protect and serve," this should be written on the door of every cop car.  So the rest of the people can see the obvious fucking truth about what law enforcement really is in this country.

Question i want answered , why was he able to walk from a crashed vehicle that LEO was in pursuit of and in plain sight with rifles, backpack in tow to a school. Trigger happy cops should have wasted this dude after 5 steps out of the truck.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, po elvis said:

Everything I've read suggests that the murders were done over the entirety of the 40 minutes. It wasn't 20 dead then wait 30 minutes. It was 1 dead here, two dead there, wait, more dead, wait, etc. Pure evil. 

Just now, HRSchenker said:

Everything I've read suggests that the murders were done over the entirety of the 40 minutes. It wasn't 20 dead then wait 30 minutes. It was 1 dead here, two dead there, wait, more dead, wait, etc. Pure evil. 

It seems like he did it slowly, hoping to lure some cops in to save the kids so he could go out blazing. I think we're going to find out that he finally killed him all and then just offed himself before the cops even went in.

4 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Question i want answered , why was he able to walk from a crashed vehicle that LEO was in pursuit of and in plain sight with rifles, backpack in tow to a school. Trigger happy cops should have wasted this dude after 5 steps out of the truck.

there was no pursuit. he crashed it on his own, probably from the adrenaline from just shooting his grandmother and being on his way to the school.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Heck, if the room had windows like I’ve read elsewhere, there’s alternatives if you can’t get through the door. This just reeks of selfish cops not wanting to put themselves in harm’s way. It’s disgusting.

6 minutes ago, MrBig said:

The shooter was killed by a Border Patrol agent, not even a Uvalde PD officer. What the fuck were they doing out there?

Look, man those "free donuts for hero cops!" weren't going to eat themselves.  Wait....I thought you were asking what the Uvalde PD was doing out there (nothing, it seems), not why was BP there.  Yeah, BP is all over S. Texas.

Edited by Brisketexan

The shooter was killed by a Border Patrol agent, not even a Uvalde PD officer. What the fuck were they doing out there?
Holding back parents and anyone with some balls from going in to rescue children. They made the situation worse. Fuck.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I’m not politicizing the Border Patrol presence in terms of immigration or anything like that. What I’m commenting on is how the Uvalde PD with a fully funded SWAT team cannot even do what they should be trained to do. If BP wasn’t around, Uvalde PD would still be waiting outside arguing with parents. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I’m not politicizing the Border Patrol presence in terms of immigration or anything like that. What I’m commenting on is how the Uvalde PD with a fully funded SWAT team cannot even do what they should be trained to do. If BP wasn’t around, Uvalde PD would still be waiting outside arguing with parents. 

And to think just yesterday a few people on here were pissed off that a candidate for governor would try to ask questions of those in office who were literally grandstanding and patting themselves on the back for successfully managing this atrocity.

Saw this thread about the Uvalde swat team. Also a thread showing that the city spends 40% of its budget on a bunch of cowards/bullies with guns and badges.

The Border Patrol agent who killed the shooter was off duty, heard the call and rushed to the school. Meanwhile, the on duty BP agent at the scene is playing with his phone while holding up his weapon. Photo is from one of the parents’ Facebook live.

BDAE125A-71C6-46E5-9AFD-A71596E6B961.thumb.jpeg.1817f0b30080e0dc655d491a1bf0e3c4.jpeg

• Like 1