[News/Updates] Mass Shooting at Robb Elementary Uvalde - 5/24/2022

Ghost of LL

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

Excuse me officer but why were the local police so fast to remove Beto O'Rourke from a public forum but so fucking slow to save a bunch of 7 year olds from a homicidal gunman?

Like I said.....fucking RAGE.  I have nothing else left.  All spaces are filled.

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

The lack of professionalism and respect for his audience from the DPS official is pretty remarkable.

In my day job I sometimes have to answer questions on why a multi-million dollar platform isn't doing what it's been designed to do, and I usually don't have the answers RIGHT THEN. But you can be fucking sure that I've got something more than platitudes and "I've taken all your questions, I'll give you an update". It's my ass on the line, owning the fuckup even if it's not my fuckup, because that's what actually SERVING looks like. 

Our fucking LEO's don't give a flying fuck about the safety of those that deify them. Cops just want to cosplay as badasses and write tickets to pay for their fraudulent overtime claims.

Fuck the fucking police.

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Excuse me officer but why were the local police so fast to remove Beto O'Rourke from a public forum but so fucking slow to save a bunch of 7 year olds from a homicidal gunman?

Are you kidding me??? You can't expect those officers to put THEIR lives on the line to stop a gunman! But a milquetoast white dude speaking calmly? MULTIPLE OCCIFERS INBOUND!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Macanudo said:

At this point let's just start shooting heroin and for hope for a bad batch eventually.  

Do you remember the phone conversation you and I had back in 2016?  Where you were probing me over and over, "it can't really be as bad as you say?"  I even questioned myself in what I was telling you, maybe I'm overstating things.

Turns out I was wrong.  It's worse.  It's all so much worse.  I'm sorry.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Do you remember the phone conversation you and I had back in 2016?  Where you were probing me over and over, "it can't really be as bad as you say?"  I even questioned myself in what I was telling you, maybe I'm overstating things.

Oh, I think about it ALL THE DAMN!

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Lets make a podcast so we all brains are active. 

I said on an earlier thread that we the people need to push for change. It is our nation, our responsibility, our children. Our legacy. 

2 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Given that their training says to do the opposite of what they did, does that mean that sovereign immunity may not apply? Or would the whole police have no duty to protect you still apply?

My father was in charge of a SOCOM group that looked at police response after Columbine. His take. Cops sat back and awaited orders. His recommendation. Charge in, because you have a trained group, and fuck them up. You are not murdering kids if someone is making you duck and hide. 

Dear Occifer. You get paid to put your ass on the line and protect your community. If you don't like that, well, Amazon is hiring. 

• Rage+1 1

Texas Local Government code Chapter 143.051

“Sec. 143.051. CAUSE FOR REMOVAL OR SUSPENSION. A commission rule prescribing cause for removal or suspension of a fire fighter or police officer is not valid unless it involves one or more of the following grounds:
(1) conviction of a felony or other crime involving moral turpitude;
(2) violations of a municipal charter provision;
(3) acts of incompetency;
(4) neglect of duty;
(5) discourtesy to the public or to a fellow employee while the fire fighter or police officer is in the line of duty;
(6) acts showing lack of good moral character;
(7) drinking intoxicants while on duty or intoxication while off duty;
(8) conduct prejudicial to good order;
(9) refusal or neglect to pay just debts;
(10) absence without leave;
(11) shirking duty or cowardice at fires, if applicable; or
(12) violation of an applicable fire or police department rule or special order.

Acts 1987, 70th Leg., ch. 149, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1987.”

Motherfuckers.

40 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Oh, I think about it ALL THE DAMN!

Me too.  I respect you.  And you pushed back hard on my pessimism and negativity, even while asking honest questions.  It at least gave me pause that maybe the future I saw was unrealistically dire -- and Jesus, was it fucking dire.

Yet it wasn't anywhere close to as bad as the ACTUAL reality we're in right now.  I fucking hate this timeline so much.  And I'm fucking angry for my kids.  They have to live in this world that we're handing over to them.  Just handing them a giant flaming bag of shit, and saying "good luck!"

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Texas Local Government code Chapter 143.051

“Sec. 143.051. CAUSE FOR REMOVAL OR SUSPENSION. A commission rule prescribing cause for removal or suspension of a fire fighter or police officer is not valid unless it involves one or more of the following grounds:
(1) conviction of a felony or other crime involving moral turpitude;
(2) violations of a municipal charter provision;
(3) acts of incompetency;
(4) neglect of duty;
(5) discourtesy to the public or to a fellow employee while the fire fighter or police officer is in the line of duty;
(6) acts showing lack of good moral character;
(7) drinking intoxicants while on duty or intoxication while off duty;
(8) conduct prejudicial to good order;
(9) refusal or neglect to pay just debts;
(10) absence without leave;
(11) shirking duty or cowardice at fires, if applicable; or
(12) violation of an applicable fire or police department rule or special order.

Acts 1987, 70th Leg., ch. 149, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1987.”

Motherfuckers.

Is Uvalde PD a civil service department? I don't think that chapter applies if they're not. They can be fired for any reason. 

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm betting the shooter would have put 3-4 rounds in that lock and waltzed right in.....but then, deranged gunmen are apparently more resourceful and more clearheaded thinkers than all the cops in Texas put together).

Well, you see, the shooter is actually motivated to get in the room. 

Any stats on how many Uvalde PD officers are ex-military? My brother is a cop. There’s a huge attitude difference between those who lived through the real shit in Iraq/Afghanistan and the cops who haven’t seen actual combat. These guys walk around with their puffed up chests and rifles but can’t do shit and shrivel up when things get real. 

1 minute ago, 4th and 5 said:

no sub, how about a copy and paste of the article?

UVALDE, Texas—The gunman behind the mass shooting at an elementary school here lingered outside the building for 12 minutes firing shots before walking into the school and barricading in a classroom where he killed 19 children and two teachers, authorities said in a news conference Thursday laying out a new timeline of events.

Victor Escalon, a regional director for the Texas Department of Public Safety, said he couldn’t say why no one stopped the now deceased gunman, 18 year-old Salvador Ramos, from entering the school during that time Tuesday. Most of the shots Ramos fired came during the first several minutes when he entered the school, Mr. Escalon said.

DPS officials previously said an armed school officer confronted Ramos as he arrived at the school. Mr. Escalon said Thursday that information was incorrect and no one encountered Ramos as he arrived at the school. “There was not an officer readily available and armed,” Mr. Escalon said.

Ramos shot his grandmother Tuesday morning and then used her truck to drive to Robb Elementary School, crashing the truck into a nearby ditch at 11:28 a.m., according to the timeline laid out by Mr. Escalon. The gunman then began shooting at people at a funeral home across the street, prompting a 911 call reporting a gunman at the school at 11:30. Ramos then climbed a fence onto school grounds and began firing before walking inside, unimpeded, at 11:40. The first police arrived on the scene at 11:44 and exchanged gunfire with Ramos, who barricaded himself in a fourth-grade classroom. There, he killed the students and teachers.

A Border Patrol tactical team went into the school an hour later, around 12:40, was able to get into the classroom and kill Ramos, Mr. Escalon said.

Thursday’s updates came as Uvalde residents were asking questions and expressing anger over the time it took for law enforcement to end the school shooting. Videos circulated on social media showing parents confronting police outside the building while Ramos was barricaded in the classroom.

“The police were doing nothing,” said Angeli Rose Gomez, who after learning about the shooting drove 40 miles to Robb Elementary School, where her children are in second and third grade. “They were just standing outside the fence. They weren’t going in there or running anywhere.”

State officials have said that local police were at the school within a few minutes of the gunman entering the building and exchanged gunfire with him, but they were unable to gain access to a classroom where he barricaded himself, firing on officers.

Ms. Gomez, a farm supervisor, said that she was one of numerous parents who began encouraging—first politely, and then with more urgency—police and other law enforcement to enter the school. After a few minutes, she said, federal marshals approached her and put her in handcuffs, telling her she was being arrested for intervening in an active investigation.

Photos: Deadly Mass Shooting at Texas Elementary School

An 18-year-old man opened fire inside an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, killing 19 students and two adults

A family visited a makeshift memorial on May 26 in Uvalde, Texas.
1 of 9
A family visited a makeshift memorial on May 26 in Uvalde, Texas.TAMIR KALIFA FOR THE WALL STREET JOURNAL

A family visited a makeshift memorial on May 26 in Uvalde, Texas.
1 of 9
A family visited a makeshift memorial on May 26 in Uvalde, Texas.TAMIR KALIFA FOR THE WALL STREET JOURNAL

Ms. Gomez convinced local Uvalde police officers whom she knew to persuade the marshals to set her free. Around her, the scene was frantic. She said she saw a father tackled and thrown to the ground by police and a third pepper-sprayed. Once freed from her cuffs, Ms. Gomez made her distance from the crowd, jumped the school fence, and ran inside to grab her two children. She sprinted out of the school with them.

Videos circulated on social media Wednesday and Thursday of frantic family members trying to get access to Robb Elementary as the attack was unfolding, some of them yelling at police who blocked them from entering.

“Shoot him or something!” a woman’s voice can be heard yelling on a video, before a man is heard saying about the officers, “They’re all just [expletive] parked outside, dude. They need to go in there.”

Advertisement - Scroll to Continue

Parents can be heard yelling to each other that their kids were inside the school and that they needed to get in. A woman can be heard yelling at a police officer, “He’s one person! Take him out!”

?width=700&height=467

Esmeralda Bravo cried while holding a photo of her granddaughter, Nevaeh, one of the Robb Elementary School shooting victims.PHOTO: JAE C. HONG/ASSOCIATED PRESS

The videos were collected by Storyful, a social-media research company owned by News Corp, parent company of The Wall Street Journal.

The Uvalde Police Department couldn’t be reached for comment. A representative for the U.S. Marshals didn’t respond to a request for comment.

Asked at the press conference why law enforcement weren’t able to respond in the initial 12 minutes Ramos was outside the school, Mr. Escalon said that was part of the investigation. “Our job is to report the facts and have answers. We’re not there yet,” he said.

Texas state trooper Juan Maldonado said he went to the school with a friend whose wife was one of the teachers slain in the shooting.

He said police were already on the scene, indicating a fast response time, and that it appeared they had set up a perimeter around the building.

Uvalde Residents Hold Prayer Vigil After Deadly School Shooting
Uvalde Residents Hold Prayer Vigil After Deadly School Shooting
Uvalde Residents Hold Prayer Vigil After Deadly School ShootingPlay video: Uvalde Residents Hold Prayer Vigil After Deadly School Shooting
More than 1,000 people gathered at an arena in Uvalde, Texas to remember the 21 victims, most of them children, who were killed by a gunman at Robb Elementary School. It was the deadliest school shooting in a decade. Photo: Jae C. Hong/Associated Press

Mr. Maldonado said he and the friend were able to enter the building to get students out and showed cuts on his forearms that he said were from breaking windows to assist in that effort.

“I don’t want to critique anything; we’re here to be supportive of the community,” he said.

After the confrontation ended with Ramos dead, school buses began to arrive to transport students from the school, according to Ms. Gomez. She said she saw police use a Taser on a local father who approached the bus to collect his child.

“They didn’t do that to the shooter, but they did that to us. That’s how it felt,” Ms. Gomez said.

Danny Ruiz, whose great-niece died in the attack, said he arrived at the school after hearing gunfire and felt grateful for the police response.

“The Border Patrol agent who took him out, to me, that guy is a hero,” said Mr. Ruiz, 51.

Thursday’s rising anger came after more than 1,000 people from this grieving city gathered Wednesday night for a prayer vigil.

“God is here with us tonight,” Pastor Tony Gruben, of Baptist Temple Church, told the people gathered at the Uvalde County Fairplex. “God still loves you and God still loves those little children.”

Community members packed the stands, spilled into the aisles and stood on the dirt rodeo floor where the ministers preached from a stage under flags of Texas and the U.S. White cowboy hats dotted the audience along with scores of maroon T-shirts that said “Uvalde Coyotes,” the high school mascot. A phalanx of police officers stood stone-faced watching the crowd, and scores of journalists from around the world aimed their cameras and beamed the scene around the globe.

President Biden and first lady Jill Biden will travel to Uvalde on Sunday to grieve with the community, the White House said.

The massacre represented the deadliest school shooting since the slayings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., nearly 10 years ago.

Alicia A. Caldwell and Sadie Gurman contributed to this article.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

A few years ago I was at the ROT rally, at our normal spot near a double-bended curve.   A golf cart full of drunks, with a woman standing at the back, came around the first curve way too fast.  When it tipped over the woman slammed her head on the pavement and was unconscious when I got there.  

Everyone else was standing in a circle staring at her.  I pointed to someone and yelled for them to call 911, and another to stop traffic because I was trying to see if she was breathing.  Both of them just looked at me with open mouths so I called 911 myself…which sucked as outside of our RV space color/number I couldn’t tell them exactly where I was so we had to wait for the roaming bicycle EMTs.  

Point being, I’ve seen bystander syndrome before in a serious situation BUT I DONT EXPECT IT FROM GOT DAMN COPS DURING A SCHOOL SHOOTING WHAT THE FUCK

Edited by Homercles
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, Homercles said:

A few years ago I was at the ROT rally, at our normal spot near a double-bended curve.   A golf cart full of drunks, with a woman standing at the back, came around the first curve way too fast.  When it tipped over the woman slammed her head on the pavement and was unconscious when I got there.  

Everyone else was standing in a circle staring at her.  I pointed to someone and yelled for them to call 911, and another to stop traffic because I was trying to see if she was breathing.  Both of them just looked at me with open mouths so I called 911 myself…which sucked as outside of our RV space color/number I couldn’t tell them exactly where I was so we had to wait for the roaming bicycle EMTs.  

Point being, I’ve seen bystander syndrome before in a serious situation BUT I DONT EXPECT IT FROM GOT DAMN COPS DURING A SCHOOL SHOOTING WHAT THE FUCK

No, this is so much worse. Had they just been bystanders, they wouldn't have tackled and tazed parents for trying to save their kids when the cops refused to. They weren't bystanders, they actively helped the gunman kill more kids before he could be interrupted.

• Rage+1 2

Every single Uvalde pd who stood by should be charged with accomplice to murder. If they were on site while he was outside shooting or if didnt charge the building while shots were being fired they all need to be held accountable. Including the police chief. Truly sickening. Cant imagine the rage parents, families are feeling as more information come out. I wouldn't be surprised if some grief stricken families take the law in thier own hands.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

How many versions of events exist now? Jesus fucking christ

It's like the police never tell the public the truth or something. So far they've gone from having a shootout with a gunman in body armor all the way down to letting him just walk around and then stroll in and start blasting.

Fucking great. This is what 40% of your budget towards the police gets you. But you can't decrease their funding!!!! What are you, a damn commie??

The irony is that the performance of law enforcement makes me want to buy more guns.  You think I want to turn to and depend on these chucklefucks in a crisis?

I could just see these cops at the WTC on 9-11.

Citizen: "The building's on fire and there are still people trapped."

Cop: "Yeah they're pretty much fucked."

Citizen: "Aren't you going to try to help them?"

Cop: "You see how tall these buildings are?"

• Like 1