[News/Updates] Mass Shooting at Robb Elementary Uvalde - 5/24/2022

Ghost of LL

6 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

That's fucking ridiculous. Douchebag enjoying the power trip while preventing parents from RESCUING THEIR CHILDREN FROM AN ACTIVE SHOOTER BECAUSE THE BADGES WONT!

The mom's comment though is the entire fucking failure of the police here: "You've got a gun, why can't you go in? Are you afraid to get shot? I'll go in without a gun"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

The mom's comment though is the entire fucking failure of the police here: "You've got a gun, why can't you go in? Are you afraid to get shot? I'll go in without a gun"

Yeah and I gotta say I agree with her.  My kids are my life and without them I have no reason to live anyway, so if I die trying to save them oh well.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

That Sikh temple shooting in Wisconsin a few years back, the first officer on the scene engaged the shooter within seconds of getting to the temple. That officer ended up getting shot 15 fucking times (and lived), opened up his partner to shoot & wound the gunman, leading the gunman to shoot himself.

I’d be ashamed to say I had the same occupation as that guy if I was Uvalde PD.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That Sikh temple shooting in Wisconsin a few years back, the first officer on the scene engaged the shooter within seconds of getting to the temple. That officer ended up getting shot 15 fucking times (and lived), opened up his partner to shoot & wound the gunman, leading the gunman to shoot himself.

I’d be ashamed to say I had the same occupation as that guy if I was Uvalde PD.

Firefighters get my respect.

courage_first_responder.jpg?1558454120

Cops get none of it.  Not a single fucking shred of it.  If cops were firefighters, every fire would be fought from a safe distance, and they wouldn't go into a single building until the fire was completely out.

When a cop does show actual bravery and self-sacrifice, I'm completely shocked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

It's long past time, my friend.

Lifelong Texan.....5th generation.  My great great grandfather has a historical marker on his grave (interestingly enough, for his service IN LAW ENFORCEMENT).  My family and blood are woven in the fabric of this state.  But this state has betrayed me, and my fellow Texans, and it continues to double down on that betrayal, to take joy and pride in that betrayal.

I will not fly its flag.  I will not have "state pride."  I have deep, deep shame.  And at my core, at the center of my being, pure burning rage.

This. If my children were in the line of fire, I would charge in armed with my bare hands.  I would literally take a bullet for them.  And anyone who stood in my way?  If I was there in Uvalde, I might have killed a cop with my bare hands myself to try to get to my kids.

If the stories and videos we're getting about the cops on scene are even 50% accurate, this is my advice for those cops:

DFpr.gif

I get being disgusted with these cops. If this is all true no one is more disgusted than people connected to Uvalde or the victims, believe me. 

I don’t get how it equates to a shame about being Texan. We have pretty middle of the road gun laws as far as Americans go. Maybe you’re ashamed of being American? 

• Fuck You 7

6 hours ago, Chopper said:

And to think just yesterday a few people on here were pissed off that a candidate for governor would try to ask questions of those in office who were literally grandstanding and patting themselves on the back for successfully managing this atrocity.

Saw this thread about the Uvalde swat team. Also a thread showing that the city spends 40% of its budget on a bunch of cowards/bullies with guns and badges.

FTqAd_4WYAAOV1V?format=jpg&name=small

I know 19 kids and 2 teachers that would have liked the chance to meet their SWAT team. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Pods said:

FTqAd_4WYAAOV1V?format=jpg&name=small

I know 19 kids and 2 teachers that would have liked the chance to meet their SWAT team. 

Awww they look so cute. It's like looking at lions from the zoo. They look really threatening but you don't have to worry about them jumping over the fence to harm you.

"Protect and serve" my ass

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I get being disgusted with these cops. If this is all true no one is more disgusted than people connected to Uvalde or the victims, believe me. 

I don’t get how it equates to a shame about being Texan. We have pretty middle of the road gun laws as far as Americans go. Maybe you’re ashamed of being American

Can't speak for him but I absolutely am.  I work for a European based company.  I had to sit on a call today with Frenchmen, an Englishman, Germans and Australians.  I was absolutely embarrassed to be an American when this was brought up. 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
drunk and pissed off
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Here are the questions I want to hear the answers for from the police:

1. How many officers initially arrived at the school?

2. How long did they engage the shooter before he went into the class room?

3. When the shooter locked himself in the class room, how long was it before he started shooting inside there?

4. When your officers heard the succession of shots accompanied by screams and cries, what did the officers do to try and gain access to the class room?

5. If they tried to get in the class room, what kept them from being successful?

6. What were your officers supposed to do in that situation? Did they have orders to wait for a SWAT team?

7. How long did the shooting occur in that class room?

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

200.gif

17 out of 50? Pretty middle of the road. 
https://www.deseret.com/utah/2022/5/24/23137931/gun-control-laws-mass-shooting-violence-2nd-amendment-semi-automatic-violent-crime-concealed-carry

59 minutes ago, Foosters said:

@SecretService

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Oh yeah?  Why?

Because it’s historic. I’ll be the last one to heckle the man even if I disagree with him. He’s coming here like the other elected officials did earlier this week. 

Edited by Immaculate Vibes

This. If my children were in the line of fire, I would charge in armed with my bare hands.  I would literally take a bullet for them.  And anyone who stood in my way?  If I was there in Uvalde, I might have killed a cop with my bare hands myself to try to get to my kids.
If the stories and videos we're getting about the cops on scene are even 50% accurate, this is my advice for those cops:
DFpr.gif

+1. I was lambasting Beto yesterday. Now that I know the cops let him get into the building and then spent an hour not stopping him? Fuck those guys - all the blood is on your hands.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, po elvis said:

Here are the questions I want to hear the answers for from the police:

1. How many officers initially arrived at the school?

answer: a lie 

2. How long did they engage the shooter before he went into the class room?

3. When the shooter locked himself in the class room, how long was it before he started shooting inside there?

4. When your officers heard the succession of shots accompanied by screams and cries, what did the officers do to try and gain access to the class room?

answer:  a lie

5. If they tried to get in the class room, what kept them from being successful?

6. What were your officers supposed to do in that situation? Did they have orders to wait for a SWAT team?

7. How long did the shooting occur in that class room?

answer:  a lie

and then they'll hand them all out medals for being "heroes".  A coward parade. 

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah I thought about this yesterday. I’d go in without hesitation with whatever I could get, or with nothing. If I can save my kid, it’s worth my life. And if he’s already dead, I’d welcome the bullet with my name on it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Unfortunately, behind a paywall.  But would love to hear what this father of the year has to say.  

Just use  12ft.io (https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thedailybeast.com%2Ffather-of-uvalde-shooter-salvador-ramos-says-he-shouldve-just-killed-me)

The father of the 18-year-old gunman who killed 21 people at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, this week wants the world to know he is sorry.

In an interview with The Daily Beast on Thursday, Salvador Ramos said, “I just want the people to know I’m sorry man, [for] what my son did.”

“I never expected my son to do something like that,” Ramos, 42, added. “He should’ve just killed me, you know, instead of doing something like that to someone.”

His son, also called Salvador, shot his grandmother in the face on Tuesday and drove away with her car, before running the truck into a ditch outside Robb Elementary and opening fire on a fourth-grade classroom. The teenager was shot and killed at the scene.

It was the deadliest school shooting in the U.S. in nearly a decade.

The younger Ramos reportedly had a poor relationship with his mother and had dropped out of high school ahead of his graduation this year. His father admitted he had not spent much time with him lately because he was employed outside Uvalde—he digs holes around utility poles for inspection—and because of the pandemic.

His own mother was suffering from cancer, Ramos said, and he could not risk being exposed to the coronavirus. He added that his son grew frustrated with the COVID precautions about a month ago and refused to speak to him.

Ramos has not seen him since.

“I’m never gonna see my son again,” he said.

The Daily Beast spoke with Ramos on the porch of his girlfriend’s home east of Uvalde, where he has been living for several years. The house and the bushes outside were adorned with blue and white streamers for a graduating senior.

Despite the horrific slaughter he carried out Tuesday, Ramos insisted that his son was “a good person.”

“He dropped out because he said they were bullying him at school because of his clothes,” he said. “He was a quiet person, stuck to himself. He didn't bother nobody. People were always bothering him.”

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Blotto said:

His father admitted he had not spent much time with him lately because he was employed outside Uvalde—he digs holes around utility poles for inspection—and because of the pandemic.

His own mother was suffering from cancer, Ramos said, and he could not risk being exposed to the coronavirus.

🙄

Ideally swat would have mobilized faster than 40 minutes, even considering it is a small town, but isn’t establishing a perimeter around an active crime scene kind of a widely known thing?  Don’t they have certain cops dedicated to that when shit goes down?  Are folks thinking it would be best to let parents walk into an active shooter? If people are mingling around, between building during a stand off, wouldn’t that cause all kinds of problems?

2 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Ideally swat would have mobilized faster than 40 minutes, even considering it is a small town, but isn’t establishing a perimeter around an active crime scene kind of a widely known thing?  Don’t they have certain cops dedicated to that when shit goes down?  Are folks thinking it would be best to let parents walk into an active shooter? If people are mingling around, between building during a stand off, wouldn’t that cause all kinds of problems?

Actions > no actions while children are being slaughtered. Especially given the 40 min to 1 hour timeline, inexcusable. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

After Columbine, we learned one hard and fast rule about active shooter situations: go in. Immediately. With whatever you have. That is THE active shooter protocol.
Law enforcement’s highest and best purpose is to interrupt the shooter with whatever you have.
Here it is, from an article in Slate in 2009:

“And the final practical lesson of Columbine is a revolution in police response tactics. Cops followed the old book at Columbine: surround the building, set up a perimeter, contain the damage. That approach has been replaced by the “active shooter protocol.” Optimally, it calls for a four-person team to advance in a diamond-shaped wedge. (If there isn’t time to gather four officers, a single officer should charge in alone.) They’re trained to move toward the sound of gunfire and neutralize the shooter. Their goal is to stop him at all costs. They will walk past a dying child if they have to, just to prevent the shooter from killing more. The active protocol has proved successful at numerous shootings during the past decade. At Virginia Tech alone, it probably saved dozens of lives.”

Shit, there’s a cop and expert (former chattanooga chief) on the news right now: “the rule is engage, engage, engage.”

This event is far from the fault of law enforcement alone. But law enforcement failed in its singular mission here, completely and totally. Not a C, not a D, an F. An F-.
All of the horrible lessons of modern America are writ large here: our religious obsession with guns and opposition to any and all restrictions, our utterly broken culture and social systems, and the fact that cops are hot garbage, mostly suited to abusing unarmed citizens and worthless at actually protecting innocents, etc. All of it is awful.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Shit, there’s a cop and expert (former chattanooga chief) on the news right now: “the rule is engage, engage, engage

But that rule is overridden by the first rule of law enforcement: "Make it home safely."

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

After Columbine, we learned one hard and fast rule about active shooter situations: go in. Immediately. With whatever you have. That is THE active shooter protocol.
Law enforcement’s highest and best purpose is to interrupt the shooter with whatever you have.
Here it is, from an article in Slate in 2009:

“And the final practical lesson of Columbine is a revolution in police response tactics. Cops followed the old book at Columbine: surround the building, set up a perimeter, contain the damage. That approach has been replaced by the “active shooter protocol.” Optimally, it calls for a four-person team to advance in a diamond-shaped wedge. (If there isn’t time to gather four officers, a single officer should charge in alone.) They’re trained to move toward the sound of gunfire and neutralize the shooter. Their goal is to stop him at all costs. They will walk past a dying child if they have to, just to prevent the shooter from killing more. The active protocol has proved successful at numerous shootings during the past decade. At Virginia Tech alone, it probably saved dozens of lives.”

Shit, there’s a cop and expert (former chattanooga chief) on the news right now: “the rule is engage, engage, engage.”

This event is far from the fault of law enforcement alone. But law enforcement failed in its singular mission here, completely and totally. Not a C, not a D, an F. An F-.
All of the horrible lessons of modern America are writ large here: our religious obsession with guns and opposition to any and all restrictions, our utterly broken culture and social systems, and the fact that cops are hot garbage, mostly suited to abusing unarmed citizens and worthless at actually protecting innocents, etc. All of it is awful.

That makes a lot of sense.  I wonder if something like that was attempted.  I know it is hard to tell what actually happened with wide ranging reports, but this story indicates that the first couple cops on the scene engaged and were injured - and then the shooter barricaded himself into a classroom.  Is a diamond wedge formation feasible moving into a barricaded room? Or is that method feasible when a shooter is moving around looking for targets?  

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/texas-school-shooting-loved-ones-071441288.html

58 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

It's not just the Uvalde PD. One of the articles I read said the one who put the lady in handcuffs for "interfering with an investigation" was a US Marshal.

Yeah I'm sure the US Marshalls were able to make it to Uvalde, TX within 30 min of a school shooter report. Use your fucking brain. 

• Like 1

That makes a lot of sense.  I wonder if something like that was attempted.  I know it is hard to tell what actually happened with wide ranging reports, but this story indicates that the first couple cops on the scene engaged and were injured - and then the shooter barricaded himself into a classroom.  Is a diamond wedge formation feasible moving into a barricaded room? Or is that method feasible when a shooter is moving around looking for targets?  

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/texas-school-shooting-loved-ones-071441288.html

Read the rest of the protocol. Diamond wedge is optimal. But if need be, go in alone. Going in wearing flip flops and carrying a .38 wheel gun is feasible. Your job is to engage the shooter. Every second he’s focused on or distracted by you is a second he’s not killing kids.
Go in and throw fucking rocks at him if that’s what you’ve got. It was the #1 lesson from Columbine.
But if there’s one thing we know, it’s that cops are incapable of learning.
  • Like 1

Eva Mireles, 44

image.thumb.png.0f3bccffd020ef76ba8adbe991efcc0c.png

Uziyah Garcia, 8

image.thumb.png.672c220790a2b77cbee133e2ab7fadd3.png

Xavier Lopez, 10

image.thumb.png.9743950efa7fa6e6e35ee4a5c8fdc612.png

Rojelio Torres, 10

image.thumb.png.ee09c1f4d8bd07faf7c01a7ce1e96734.png

Nevaeh Bravo

image.thumb.png.7d96aac2082b83064a0cdc22cd0990b0.png

Irma Garcia, 46

image.thumb.png.8e4ca30c35dee621546df355263be14a.png

Makenna Elrod, 10

image.thumb.png.5fcfb2a26abfb186dc5bc74e8b9ae215.png

Amerie Jo Garza, 10

image.thumb.png.aadb7048aa39b0affc9dae3f75ce0ea4.png

Eliahana ‘Eliajha’ Cruz Torres, 10

image.thumb.png.dcf26f43da7f5043f0998fffb7b6649d.png

Annabell Guadalupe Rodriguez, 10

image.thumb.png.fa76e77da254b2771a6805cdcaef6aec.png

Ellie Lugo, 10

image.thumb.png.d6a33c8836f261469670056206a9a3d9.png

Jayce Carmelo Luevanos, 10

image.thumb.png.7768032b5e2aad857d08a2a448b4c372.png

Jailah Nicole Silguero, 11

image.thumb.png.4e65997278484e8c85881b67f31c3a7f.png

Alithia Ramirez, 10

image.thumb.png.b3e56073475e3abc13ea2ee379f3e987.png

Fuck. Goddamnit. Just fuck me dead.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Read the rest of the protocol. Diamond wedge is optimal. But if need be, go in alone. Going in wearing flip flops and carrying a .38 wheel gun is feasible. Your job is to engage the shooter. Every second he’s focused on or distracted by you is a second he’s not killing kids.
Go in and throw fucking rocks at him if that’s what you’ve got. It was the #1 lesson from Columbine.
But if there’s one thing we know, it’s that cops are incapable of learning.

I get that. But it seems some version of that was done by the first responders - the first couple cops on the scene.  Which resulted in their injuries and the shooter barricading himself in a classroom - if reports are correct. Breaching a locked and barricaded door seems different than that.  I understand the expectation is that the keys should have been quickly located and then the non-swat LEOs should have entered the room through the barricade and faced a shooter with a semi auto rifle and potentially body armor. That seems like the subject of an investigation