[News/Updates] Mass Shooting at Robb Elementary Uvalde - 5/24/2022

Ghost of LL

And you know every one of those pussy motherfuckers that stood around outside without doing anything are staunch 2nd amendment supporting tough guys.

Oh yea, guns aren’t the problem. We just need more good guys with guns.

You are literally by definition are supposed to be the good guys with guns you fucking assholes!

I hope every one of those pussies lives the rest of their lives in excruciatingly humiliating shame.

• Hook 'Em 5

- why did the pickup crash into the ditch? 

-my guess is that the exterior door is always propped open so that staff/teachers don't have to fumble for keys every time. 

- why did the janitor take 30 minutes to find the room key? 

- how can anyone be alive in just 2 rooms for 30-40 minutes? How can there be any survivors whatsoever? That doesn't make sense at all. 

7 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

how can anyone be alive in just 2 rooms for 30-40 minutes? How can there be any survivors whatsoever? That doesn't make sense at all. 

Good question. He just bought the gun. I think he just shot it indiscriminately and did not make head shots or center torso shots. He also was in a state, I would imagine, wondering when they would come in to neutralize him and knowing that this was "the day to die".  He wasn't very efficient, thank God. 

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

How are children calling 911 and the commanding officer not have communication with dispatch regarding that? 

Was too busy or one of these 

1. Eating 

2. Browsing his fb about thin blue line memes

3. posting some dumb shit on FB

4. Asleep

5. Cruising around 

27 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Was too busy or one of these 

1. Eating 

2. Browsing his fb about thin blue line memes

3. posting some dumb shit on FB

4. Asleep

5. Cruising around 

feels like you are missing something about oakleys and goatees.

• Hook 'Em 1

You are calling the PBS dishonest by parsing what they called this incident? It is social media that is wrongly picking up and sharing partial stories. And it is NRA agenda holders that try to mitigate the numbers we see to hold the line against gun reform and questioning their good guys with gun policies. 
Mass school shootings have 2 things in common over the many years they have happened. Gunmen under 22 and assault weapons. To make this stop, take away the ability of them to purchase these weapons and the magazines that hold massive amounts of ammo and stop thinking hardening schools is the answer. Also, if they get their hands on these weapons from adults, then try those adults as accomplices to murder.
Whatever else were factors to the number of students dying in Uvalde. The school district not locking doors fast enough, the officers not engaging the killer before the tactical team arrived, one thing is true.
We are all responsible for not forcing our legislators to increase the age to purchase assault weapons to 25 and not banning large magazines. There is no reason citizens should have them. None. If you want to go to war with my government then get the fuck out of my country and start your own. Then declare war on the United States. Fuck you for fearing it and still living under its benefits. 

I didn’t see anything sensational or inaccurate in the PBS article. They did not say “Mass Shooting” in the headline. They gave sources for the statistics quoted and how they define school shootings and mass shootings.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

This what should be handed to every Leo, commander, and authority who was on site that didn't storm that room while they are being arrested. Everything those families need, should be paid for by LEO budget/pensions.

Hopefully a massive civil suit happens once the cops are forced to admit that they did not follow policy. Feels like the current blue line is miscommunication from 911 dispatch to scene commander, in order to claim correct procedure based on the info they had. 

19 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Hopefully a massive civil suit happens once the cops are forced to admit that they did not follow policy. Feels like the current blue line is miscommunication from 911 dispatch to scene commander, in order to claim correct procedure based on the info they had. 

We are never going to get the real answer if it makes them culpable. They will not own up to mistakes, if any of these reports are indeed true, the consequences will be too great. Castro called for the FBI to come in and investigate and I think that is needed. Not the local cops and not the rangers but the Feds.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

Then why is it that the cops have not yet been able to give us a single set of consistent facts so far? It may not be each individual officer is a liar, but you put enough of them together and suddenly they lie through the teeth to the public.

Body armor? Guns blazing shootout? No risk to children?

Fuck outta here. "The Cops" are all fucking liars. 

This is obviously an emotional situation. Especially to those of us with kids.

Go ahead and keep believing all cops are bad. You’ve got a lot of support on this board.

This event is fucked up and there are “bad” people in every profession. But saying “all cops” is not something I agree with.

• Hook 'Em 6

13 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

This is obviously an emotional situation. Especially to those of us with kids.

Go ahead and keep believing all cops are bad. You’ve got a lot of support on this board.

This event is fucked up and there are “bad” people in every profession. But saying “all cops” is not something I agree with.

There are good and bad in most professions, not all. The "good" cops coverup for the bad cops, enabling them to abuse the rest of us. They relinquish any claims of being "good" anything when they enable bad cops to prey on citizens. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I for one am very much ashamed of our position as world leader of mass shootings of school kids. For the record.

I am more ashamed that we do nothing to change it and keep saying there is nothing we can do. If you can look in the mirror and not be ashamed that you are allowing this to happen IV, then you are just a troll pretending to be an adult who gives a shit. 

Edited by burntorangebongos

8 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Conflicting info and changing accounts from the LEO side, but also misleading spin or flat BS from the Twitter blue check side (that is or heavily influences the media).  I'm not excusing any response delays or decisions, but I'm also going to wait until the current investigation is concluded before condemning, because we still don't know the full story. 

What appears to be one of the misleading spin is that LEO went in and just rescued their kids:

At least one of those who did was also rescued his wife (a teacher) and their classroom as part of an evac effort of that building involving at least 4 other police officers:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10858885/Hero-CBP-cop-rushed-Texas-massacre-school-shotgun-teacher-wife-texted-Help.html

• Jacob Albarado, a border patrol agent, was off work on Tuesday and was at the barber's when he got a text from his wife Trisha Albarado saying: 'Help'
  • Trisha, mother to their three children - sons Zachary and Jordan, and daughter Jayda, teaches fourth grade maths and science at Robb Elementary School 
  • Albarado leapt up from the barber's, grabbed the barber's shotgun, and drove straight to the school, where eight-year-old Jayda and her mother were inside
  • A tactical team was already readying to take the room where the gunman was barricaded, so Albarado began searching for his daughter and clearing rooms 
  • Two officers provided cover, guns drawn, he said, and two others guided the children out on the sidewalk

Important to note that the school has 6 separate buildings.  

Elem - Copy.JPG

So it appears that they did evacuate at least some of the buildings while they waited on the tac team to go after the classroom the killer was in (actually 2 rooms sharing an interior door?)  Maybe all but the classroom the shooter was in.  I would guess his wife texted him within 5 of the lockdown, after securing her classroom.  The school is near the middle of a small town, he probably arrived within 10 minutes of getting the text.  A few more minutes to confer, updated, and develop an evac plan.  Could fit with the children seen evacuating 20 minutes after the shooting started.

Once police located the killer and assessed the overall situation, they could plan to evac buildings with portions not in the line of fire, and make plans for the other buildings.

A teacher in the building the killer shot up, down the hall from the classroom(s) he took over, says her classroom was evacuated 35 minutes after the shooting started.  Unclear if they were one of the first or last evacuated.     

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/teacher-uvalde-texas-describes-longest-35-minutes-life-rcna30571

Best as I can tell, this timeline seems pretty consistent with the info we have now:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61604652?xtor=AL-72-[partner]-[bbc.news.twitter]-[headline]-[news]-[bizdev]-[isapi]&at_medium=custom7&at_custom3=%40BBCNorthAmerica&at_custom1=[post+type]&at_campaign=64&at_custom4=D7670908-DDA7-11EC-BF55-6BC14744363C&at_custom2=twitter

_124941114_texas_uvalde_shooting_timelin

Other reports say that he first shot at people in front of the funeral home across the street from the school (to the NW of campus.)  May be key to the slow responses.  Did that 911 call mention the school?  If not, did the dispatcher perhaps not connect the dots that the funeral home was next to the school?  Because 14 minutes from the call to police arriving on the scene seems very long, if they new the school could be involved.  Reports from various interviews, including of HS students, are that school lockdowns are common, maybe once or twice a week (because of the criteria for what nearby (or not so nearby) incidents can trigger them.  14 minutes police response doesn't seem consistent with that.

Nor does a 13 minute delay by the school before declaring a lockdown.  Other reports say from 1130 to 1140 the killer was outside shooting the gun intermittently in that time and even shooting towards the school.  You can see the funeral homes parking lot in the upper right corner of the pic above, very close to the parking lot and the building he entered (NW side of the NW building.)  Did no one from the school hear those shots?  Haven't seen any reports of school officials/teachers reacting before he started shooting inside the building.  (Still fog of war in what we know.)  If the timeline is true (still not certain) the school may have had up to 10 minutes to lock the doors, to start a lockdown before entry, but it didn't happen. 

Or did he not shoot much  outside the school?  He apparently did enough for someone 2 houses down the street from the funeral home (to the east) to start filming from their upstairs window.  That short clip doesn't show him shooting as he walks up to the door.  Unclear

The police may have made mistakes in responding to clean up this incident, but at the moment it looks like the school and district could have prevented a lot of this.  The police did arrive within 4 minutes of getting the distress call from school officials (and apparently some teachers, too.)   Why were the doors not locked after he was shooting outside?  Why were they not locked to begin with?  Why was an armed school district officer not on site at that time of the morning?

NPR intentionally misleading readers/listeners by conflating school shootings with mass school shootings, to make it sound much more common than they actually are.  Each one is terrible, but we need to keep perspective.

https://reason.com/2022/05/26/uvalde-texas-mass-shooting-statistics-gun-crimes-misleading/

There Have Been 13 Mass School Shootings Since 1966, Not 27 This Year

For many people, the Uvalde, Texas, mass shooting—which claimed the lives of at least 19 children and two adults—seemed all the more horrible after they learned it was the 27th school shooting so far this year. That fact makes it harder to view Uvalde as any kind of isolated incident.

An NPR article highlighting this statistic has been shared frequently on social media. The headline, "27 school shootings have taken place so far this year," probably gave many readers the impression that gun-related killings in schools have been especially high this year, even before Uvalde. Naturally, the prospect of 26 other previously unnoticed mass shooting events in schools should provoke alarm. It should also raise eyebrows.

The problem here is that three very differently defined terms are being used somewhat incautiously and interchangeably: school shooting, mass shooting, and mass school shooting. Uvalde was a mass school shooting; the 26 previous tragedies at schools this year were not.

The difference is significant. Education Week, which tracks all school shootings, defines them as incidents in which a person other than the suspect suffers a bullet wound on school property. Many of the 26 previous shootings involved disputes between students in parking lots, or after athletic events, and all of them resulted in one or zero deaths. These deaths are still incredibly tragic, of course. But they are fundamentally unlike what happened in Uvalde.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/statistics-matter-in-statistical-disputes/

...numbers aren’t everything, but they should inform our sense of proportion in nationwide policy-making. Some perspective on the size of the problem and the direction of the trend is always important. The Associated Press counts 169 deaths in 23 years. That’s a lot in absolute terms, especially when we’re discussing innocent schoolchildren. But it is also seven deaths per year, compared with 43 per year by lightning, 300 per year by toasters, 800 per year by bedsheets...

...As Dan implies, these numbers can sound callous. But now that figures such as Representative Eric Swalwell have begun making contrary claims on TV, they are important to note nevertheless. “Look at the statistics!” is an ugly and non-responsive thing to say to a grieving parent, but it is an entirely necessary thing to say to someone who is making a hard claim about generalized risk, as Swalwell most certainly is.

On MSNBC yesterday, Swalwell claimed that “it’s a lie to tell our children that they are safe at school.” But it’s not. It’s a lie to tell them otherwise. Government data show that around 54 million American children currently attend school (public and private), and that somewhere between 3.4 million and 4.6 million children enter those schools each year. If we use 4 million as a rough guide for the latter number, by my back-of-the-envelope math, this means that, over the last 23 years, 146 million children have been enrolled in America’s 131,000 schools at some point. That 110 people in K-12 schools (including teachers and other staff, but not including people at colleges, which the AP’s number does) have been murdered in that period is utterly appalling. But it does not indicate that our schools are “unsafe.” It indicates that we have an extremely specific problem with extremely rare attacks. In no other circumstance would we conclude that a risk factor of just over one in 1.3 million makes one “unsafe....”

Another example of dishonest media just reflexively trying to score political points immediately off of a terrible tragedy by starting false urban myths, this is a senior editor at the Washington Post.  Second most influential paper in the country.  This tweet is a flat out lie, easily refuted with just the tiny bit of research (isn't researching to confirm/deny what reporters are supposed to do?  Isn't an editor supposed to catch such mistakes?)  And yet the blue checked tweet still hasn't been taken down, a day later.  So pardon me if I don't join the usual 3 dozen CR types (that have made 80% of the posts in these 2 DT Uvalde threads) in condemning all cops to hell before we get the full story.

Damn, that's some heavy lifting 

I'm old enough to remember a time--only 10 years ago, in fact--where we all weren't so polarized into teams. Back then, it was widely acknowledged across many groups of people that cops generally suck and are prone to lies and incompetence.

But now, since we have to take polar opposite opinions on absolutely everything, you're forced to "Back the Blue" by your party. It must be exhausting. I do not envy you.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Damn, that's some heavy lifting 

I'm old enough to remember a time--only 10 years ago, in fact--where we all weren't so polarized into teams. Back then, it was widely acknowledged across many groups of people that cops generally suck and are prone to lies and incompetence.

But now, since we have to take polar opposite opinions on absolutely everything, you're forced to "Back the Blue" by your party. It must be exhausting. I do not envy you.

Yep several in my neighborhood aren’t just happy with ‘back the blue’ signs, now they have these pulsing LEDs that look like little police car lights.  If that shit was shining in my windows all night long I’d be pissed off

10 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

9 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

How are children calling 911 and the commanding officer not have communication with dispatch regarding that? 

I’m getting the scoop. Will know more on Monday.

Summary: absolute cowardice, incompetence, arguably criminal.

Everything is on video.

Anybody want to guess why the above happened? Not 100% confirmed at this point but why did the radio communication break down? Imagine the dumbest reason possible.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, 4th and 5 said:

Everything is on video.

Anybody want to guess why the above happened? Not 100% confirmed at this point but why did the radio communication break down? Imagine the dumbest reason possible.

Dead battery?

• Like 1

Everything is on video.

Is it Muledick?
  • Like 2

Everything is on video.

Radios turned to airplane mode?