Andor

CooterBrown

14 hours ago, Longhorn Fever said:

Yeah, can’t help but feel sad for the droid. Although, I had to laugh when I realized his name is literally “be too emo” - B2EMO. The poor little guy can’t help it.

One thing I was wondering about… is it possible B2EMO somehow plays a part in what becomes the re-programmed K2SO?  Assuming Cassian takes possession of B2 following the events of the finale?

Like his “memory” gets implanted in and become the “base” for K2SO once he his captured/re-programmed or something?

Probably a little too on-the-nose for Tony Gilroy, but just thought it was interesting that he was B2 and then Andor’s droid later is K2…

I don't think Andor's mom is dead. Having her die and holding a funeral isn't even the most compelling story in getting Andor back there. Having her in the hospital and about to die, would be a better reason for Andor to come back ASAP. from a story perspective.

I'm guessing that it was known that she was under surveillance, and her "death" allows her to somewhat escape.  and the plot device that the bodies are quickly made into a wall, also may keep the Empire from snooping.

It's rare for a TV show to just have a character effectively die off screen. What writer/director/actor doesn't want a good death scene? Exceptions being when the actor passes away in real life, or its a somewhat minor character who doesn't need a send off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't think Andor's mom is dead. Having her die and holding a funeral isn't even the most compelling story in getting Andor back there. Having her in the hospital and about to die, would be a better reason for Andor to come back ASAP. from a story perspective.

I'm guessing that it was known that she was under surveillance, and her "death" allows her to somewhat escape.  and the plot device that the bodies are quickly made into a wall, also may keep the Empire from snooping.

It's rare for a TV show to just have a character effectively die off screen. What writer/director/actor doesn't want a good death scene? Exceptions being when the actor passes away in real life, or its a somewhat minor character who doesn't need a send off.

Maybe.

But that seems a bit too “clever” for Tony Gilroy and the story he’s telling.

I think the dying “off-screen” was meant to sort of convey the fact that Andor missed out on it by being in prison. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Maybe.
But that seems a bit too “clever” for Tony Gilroy and the story he’s telling.
I think the dying “off-screen” was meant to sort of convey the fact that Andor missed out on it by being in prison. 

This, to me as well.

Her final speech to Cass was about love meant never being able to stop worrying about him/her while they were fighting/running.

And I think the offscreen death is further pushing Cass into the rebel with a cause. That running and hiding got him nothing but pain and suffering and his loved one are disappearing while he refused to really fight.

Separately I thought more about the Luthen/Saw meeting and man Luthen really seems to be comfortable with killing off anyone he sees fit that will further his cause. He twisted the strike that Saw was now willing to assist on, into making Saw make a choice to get involved with his Rebellion. Join, Die or Kill me… basically

6 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

Separately I thought more about the Luthen/Saw meeting and man Luthen really seems to be comfortable with killing off anyone he sees fit that will further his cause. He twisted the strike that Saw was now willing to assist on, into making Saw make a choice to get involved with his Rebellion. Join, Die or Kill me… basically

tubes was really shittin his pants there for a minute.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The show already has some slow stretches, which do add some plot or suspense and you can’t be 100% pedal to the floor for all 45 minutes. I assumed the old lady’s death could have been emotional, but the value wasn’t worth the screen time it would take and could be accomplished by showing the body being hauled off and the droid being all emo. 

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Maybe what Chekhov didn't count on is that in some places pretty much everyone has a gun?

16 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

The show already has some slow stretches, which do add some plot or suspense and you can’t be 100% pedal to the floor for all 45 minutes. I assumed the old lady’s death could have been emotional, but the value wasn’t worth the screen time it would take and could be accomplished by showing the body being hauled off and the droid being all emo. 

If anything the show has been forced to move too fast. 

16 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

If anything the show has been forced to move too fast. If anything the show is trying to tell us something about death.  This is the second processional dead body.  We also get look backs at dead characters,even if its just a hand.  I appreciate that they do this.

2 hours ago, rantanamo said:

If anything the show has been forced to move too fast. 

2 hours ago, hornian said:

Agreed. It was supposed to be 5 seasons (one for each year leading up to Rogue One), instead we get two 12-episode seasons. 

I have enjoyed the shit out of this, almost as much as Mandalorian. The only reason I’m pro-fast pace is because Disney has predetermined there will only be 24 episodes. I hope they cram as much as they can into the 24. Almost every scene with Mon Mothma, Luthen, Andor, and Saw have been awesome. They could clips 50% off every seen with the nazi lady or the emo ex-IPA boy living on his mom’s couch and eating fruit loops in blue milk and still convey what they need to the audience. 

12 hours ago, freyguy said:

Haven't read this thread yet, but am currently binge watching.  Holy shit, this is a phenomenal show.  No filler episodes.  Tons of pathos, tension, intrigue...all that.

And dude, Mon Mothma is hooooott.

pathos? is he a new Sith lord. must've missed his character. will need to re-watch.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Levi said:

Don’t know if this counts as a spoiler. 

Reveal hidden contents

EckhartsLadder is saying the finale is 55min or so. Episode 6 and 8 are the only ones to go over 50min. 

The length isn't but he DOES have a spoiler when he talks about Episode 12 (he and others have had the chance to see it) so be careful - I switched it off when he gave the spoiler warning. 

20 minutes ago, The Dog said:

The length isn't but he DOES have a spoiler when he talks about Episode 12 (he and others have had the chance to see it) so be careful - I switched it off when he gave the spoiler warning. 

Yeah, he’s usually pretty good about doing that. Obi wan I cared a bit. Boba I didn’t hardly care at all about seeing spoilers. Mando, and now Andor, are the two I avoid any type of spoiler talk. 

On 11/16/2022 at 2:02 PM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Yeah, why can't the rebels have more of those?

My thought was that Luthen’s is extremely expensive and special because he absolutely cannot get caught. They wouldn’t be able to build lots of them. That finally move reminded me of the garden takedown in Iron Man 2. Badass. 

50 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Wouldn’t it be out of character for Andor to rush back to the one place he knows everyone is looking for him? Especially since Mom is already dead?

Does he know Bix has been captured and is being tortured?

He doesn't know any of this - he's been in prison for ages. And Bix has been in the hands of the ISB for ages too

Right. I'm curious the time jump we're seeing from when he went into the prison and then got out. Bix wasn't in the hands of the ISB until she tried to send the message to Luthen about Cassian's mom. But Cassian has no clue just how onto him the Empire is right now. He doesn't know he's walking into a trap but I bet he's not going to be dumb about it. Just like how he slipped in and out of Ferrix undetected after the heist.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I expect them to kill off most of the characters that we don’t see in R1/OT.

so Bix, Luthen, etc. are doomed.

then Cassian goes all-in with the rebellion.

i also expect Cassian to be “presumed dead” so he can work for Rebel Intelligence.

Edited by The Dog

just started series and after first 2 episodes, I was ready to tap out.  Slow AF and nothing really interesting going on.

Damn.  That would have been a very, very bad choice to bail.  Have been entertained mightily.  I watched 3 more  episodes today instead of football.  Yes really.

No ragrets.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Did they show how many shifts left on any of the characters that we can see how much time passed there?

I don’t remember specifically but they also showed how the numbers kept getting bigger. He was there months- I don’t think too long if the stuff with Luthen is contemporaneous 

19 hours ago, The Dog said:

I expect them to kill off most of the characters that we don’t see in R1/OT.

so Bix, Luthen, etc. are doomed.

then Cassian goes all-in with the rebellion.

i also expect Cassian to be “presumed dead” so he can work for Rebel Intelligence.

If they kill Bix I'm going to riot.

I'd imagine the feelings about the Empire changed after they committed genocide and blew up a peaceful planet like they did with Alderaan. Also going to assume the storyline with Mon Mothma will progress in a way where she's pointing out the atrocities the Empire is committing in the name of security and order. 

Edited by mdmost

On 11/19/2022 at 11:09 AM, Murfdogg21 said:

I have enjoyed the shit out of this, almost as much as Mandalorian. The only reason I’m pro-fast pace is because Disney has predetermined there will only be 24 episodes. I hope they cram as much as they can into the 24. Almost every scene with Mon Mothma, Luthen, Andor, and Saw have been awesome. They could clips 50% off every seen with the nazi lady or the emo ex-IPA boy living on his mom’s couch and eating fruit loops in blue milk and still convey what they need to the audience. 

FWIW, it wasn't Disney that decided on the 24 episodes, it was Tony Gilroy.  He talked about it one of his recent appearances on The Ringer Watch podcast.

It was actually Disney that wanted him to do 5 seasons, with it essentially being the 5 years leading up to Rogue One, but after sitting down and talking it through with Diego Luna, they both decided that it was just too much... it would have essentially taken all of Gilroy's time for nearly a decade and it would get harder and harder to age-match Luna to where he was during Rogue One, so they came up with the idea of doing the time jump in season two from 5 years before Rogue One to one year before and just cover that last year leading up to it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I'd imagine the feelings about the Empire changed after they committed genocide and blew up a peaceful planet like they did with Alderaan. Also going to assume the storyline with Mon Mothma will progress in a way where she's pointing out the atrocities the Empire is committing in the name of security and order. 

Yeah and also if you really look into the lore, there always were areas of greater and lesser support of the Empire.  The Outer Rim worlds (Tatooine, etc.) were never very supportive of The Empire mostly because they were so far from the Core and many were (more or less) cartel states in a way run by the Hutts.  They were basically the Wild West.  The Empire mostly left them alone unless there was a really pressing issue... (like the Death Star plans showing up on Tatooine).

The "Core" worlds were largely "Empire supportive" with the notable exception of Alderran, which was always considered a known hot-bed of "anti-Empire" sentiment; it was essentially supposed to be like the "Berkley in the 60s" of the galaxy... being the leading voice of opposition on "Empire over-reach."

Within the lore, the destruction of Alderran (followed by the Rebel win at Yavin) *was* a key turning point in getting many Core- and Mid-rim worlds to turn against the Empire and either be supportive of or outright join the Rebellion.

Yes that was all super fucking nerdy.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Still crazy that we're getting Star Wars content that doesn't rely on nostalgia berries in the slightest. Now please don't shoe-in the emperor somehow.

The crazy thing is that it feeds the nostalgia.  Rogue One gave more weight to the Death Star plans and the opening scene of A New Hope and the taking down of the blockade runner.  This is giving more weight to the characters of Rogue One as well as Mon Mothma and the Rebellion as a whole.

• Hook 'Em 1

Hot diggidy damn sizzle slam fam!! Fantastic! They left the season at a great spot in a great way. I'm  chomping at the bit already for season 2. Cant wait. AHHh!! Theyve laid a perfect foundation, got their footing with this show, know theyre recipe/ formula is golden. My expectations are thru the roof for next season. Gonna be prime gritty  rebellion time. What a quality product and example of how to do shit right. 

Did what makes SWs great. Messages of good v evil,Dark, light, grit, guts, heart, family, community, and character at a time when it sure as hell is needed. Yahooo!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Oh shyt!!! Fam. Was there always post credit scenes one episodes??????

I let it run while scrolling through surly and there is a 🔥 post credit scene…..

First 1 ive seen. Damn they are set up to do some fantastic shit going forward. Gonna be a tough wait till season 2. Hope they take their time though and keep to the standard set in season 1