January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

3 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

I want that to be true but the average voter doesn’t care. They fucking should but they don’t.  At least they won’t at this time. 

Maybe not to the extent we hope, but the last ABC poll after the first 2 hearings showed roughly an 8 point shift towards Trump being responsible for Jan 6 (60 %) from their previous poll in May. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

He must indict.  It is obvious what he did…if you don’t indict, you are giving R’s a green light to keep doing this without any pushback.  Fasten our seatbelts.

I agree. I think he knows this is the right thing to do. Politics be damned. 

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

YEP.  Middle of the afternoon on a Tuesday.  99% of people who need to see this hearing have no clue about it or don't care.

Or they know it will be bad for their team, so they are going to ignore it and hope that willful ignorance will save the day.  I'm hoping that this has the same result for them that it had for Bob Marley with his toe cancer, in that if you work too hard to remain willfully ignorant of the facts, it will end up biting you in the ass.

32 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I don't understand the danger. The argument is that the Rs will try to do the same to Biden and any other Dem prez in the future...as if these crazy motherfuckers aren't going to do that regardless. The Dems need to get over this idea that they need to abide by some unwritten rulebook to keep the Rs or else the Rs will do whatever. They're going to do the worst shit no matter what you do. 

The “not prosecuting the president” norm is a political cultural issue mostly unique to the US. The idea was that we don’t want to be a banana republic like Venzelua or wherever where the current ruling party constantly jails the prior ruler. We wanted to be too good for all of that. It seems we aren’t. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Maybe not to the extent we hope, but the last ABC poll after the first 2 hearings showed roughly an 8 point shift towards Trump being responsible for Jan 6 (60 %) from their previous poll in May. 

I am happy it might keep him from winning again. But it won’t help where it matters currently, which is in November. Most Dem pundits are acting like this is going to turn the tide. It isn’t. And November matters if they are going to try this shit again. 

8 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Remember it wasn't the Washington Post's reporting that took down Nixon.

It was the tapes. 

Trump and his cronies do not care about the facts, tapes, documents, or the truth…regardless of what evidence is presented, outside of a courtroom, they will just plow thru with money power.  Ya gotta get them into court.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Good god.

This country is suffering from a deep and irreparable sickness.

Zero tolerance. 

Zero empathy.

Cruelty is our brand.

Think of those brave men who went into ArShaye “Shaye” Moss’s grandmother's mom saying they were there to make a citizen's arrest of Moss and her mother. Terrorizing an old woman in such a manful way is a model for the greatness Trump and his mob want's to return America to. 

You ought to be glad it's 2020 and not 1920.

Moss got that sweet note after the President of the United States named her criminal and hustler to the nation.

Apply the below to whomever you deem appropriate. It was my vision for whatever traitor may be involved in this atrocity.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Cairn Horn88 said:

Trump and his cronies do not care about the facts, tapes, documents, or the truth…regardless of what evidence is presented, outside of a courtroom, they will just plow thru with money power.  Ya gotta get them into court.

Of course, they'll just talk about how the court is all librul fehgs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I bet having sex with Nicole Wallace would calm my nerves after watching this. Someone make that happen please. 

Not sure why me having sex with Nicole Wallace would calm your nerves but I'll volunteer since I'm a giver.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

The “not prosecuting the president” norm is a political cultural issue mostly unique to the US. The idea was that we don’t want to be a banana republic like Venzelua or wherever where the current ruling party constantly jails the prior ruler. We wanted to be too good for all of that. It seems we aren’t. 

It's a nice norm to have, but it's one that a treasonous norm breaking and law breaking piece of shit shouldn't get the benefit of. And we can be above political prosecutions in general while making an exception for the truly unprecedented and unrestrained level of criming that we saw from Cult 45.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think my favorite part today was from Bowers. Paraphrasing, "Yeah Rudy kept telling me they had proof in writing of all the fraud, and that Trump had won Arizona. I kept asking him for the proof, and he kept saying he'd send it to me. He never did."

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think my favorite part today was from Bowers. Paraphrasing, "Yeah Rudy kept telling me they had proof in writing of all the fraud, and that Trump had won Arizona. I kept asking him for the proof, and he kept saying he'd send it to me. He never did."

Or when Rudy told him they have "all kinds of theories but no evidence."

Ultimately it isn’t about proof. They had none. That’s what you can’t talk about in these hearings. Trump didn’t think Atlanta votes should count. He didn’t think Hispanic votes in Arizona should count. They didn’t care about proof. It was all trying to send a message that only certain votes count. That is why these hearings aren’t going to hurt him. His voters agree. And others don’t know that is what the underlying issue for Trump, Bannon and Miller was. While we were arguing about 1/6, they were implementing laws so that those votes wouldn’t count again. 

• Rage+1 3

10 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Glad we got to the end of this one. We can all go home. This was all a misunderstanding. 

…but once they were created and then delivered to our office, he wanted to give them to the vp so he asked his chief of staff to set it up.

is what’s missing from the above tweet.

As to the statements that he did t help create them nor had knowledge they would be delivered to him, did the Michigan people send their elector list to him just for fun?  Did they send it to every congressperson that they thought was coup-friendly?  Every R?

Edited by Pato del Muerto

33 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I also think this “not prosecuting the president” once they leave office norm in the United States was based on the president actually not being a criminal that did criminal acts while in office.  Trump kind of changed that “norm”.

Trump is unique in history. Removal by impeachment isn’t a thing anymore. If Trump isn’t indicted then we’ve declared the President to be above the law. Why even make them take the Oath of Office anymore?

As for it being political, Trump and his supporters would, of course, allege that. But it wouldn’t be. The AG is supposed to be apolitical and Biden has stayed completely out of this. Not like when Barr acted as Trump’s personal attorney, lying to the American people about what was in the Mueller report. And looking into charges against Hillary Clinton as directed by Trump. Barr responded that there was no there there but he at least looked into it. Trump supporters have no problem with that, nor of Trump and his cronies leading chants of “Lock her up!”

If Biden were guilty of the same shit Trump pulled, he’d deserve to be indicted too. But he’s a competent statesman, not the head of a criminal syndicate. He’s not trampling all over the Constitution. He doesn’t think he’s king.

If Garland doesn’t indict then Biden made the wrong pick for AG. You think the Republicans will try to indict Biden when they return to power as payback? Give it your best shot, Trumpsters. I’d be interested to hear what made up bullshit you base it on because he’s not a criminal. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You think the Republicans will try to indict Biden when they return to power as payback? Give it your best shot, Trumpsters. I’d be interested to hear what made up bullshit you base it on because he’s not a criminal. 

I think this is going to happen regardless.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think this is going to happen regardless.

100%. We've become a banana republic where the GQP no longer respects our democracy with the reverence of politicians past. They don't care that our democracy has always been delicate and had to be treated with respect. It's all about satiating the base with fresh red meat. They built the monster and now they have to keep it fed.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They’ll definitely try to impeach him. Over what, I have no idea. Maybe just for the crime of opposing Trump.

What's really annoying is that when people call them out for wasting everyone's time with bullshit, they'll just proclaim that it's the same thing the Dems did to dotard.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I bet having sex with Nicole Wallace would calm my nerves after watching this. Someone make that happen please. 

I told the receptionist that Nicole needs a deep red five. They giggled. Can we change your name to red eight?

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

He must indict.  It is obvious what he did…if you don’t indict, you are giving R’s a green light to keep doing this without any pushback.  Fasten our seatbelts.

It's going to be "Ok Corral" time for Garland.

36 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They’ll definitely try to impeach him. Over what, I have no idea. Maybe just for the crime of opposing Trump.

Whenever Biden leaves the presidency, some Trumpist district attorney will call a grand jury to look into some nonsense about him. 

Can't wait to see what bogus Republican committee gets wrangled up to investigate cooked up allegations of Democrat malfeasance. Will they investigate Biden's bike fall as incapable of presiding as commander in chief, Hunter's Laptopgate part IV, or where was Hillary and Soros on January 6th?   Creating shit to investigate is what they do.

Edited by Mdhorn

2 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

There are plenty of functioning Western countries who have had a former head of state or government go to prison for actions committed while in office.  Former French president NIcholas Sarkozy is in prison for corruption.  Gier Haarde, the former PM of Iceland--fucking Iceland--was convicted of official misconduct in connection with the 2008 economic collapse.  Ehud Olmert (Israeli PM) went away for bribery.

Choi Kyoung-hwan, the prime minister of South Korea, went away for five years for bribery.  Actually, we probably can't list all of the South Korean heads of state and government that have gone away for various things.  Or the French, for that matter.  Or Greece.  

Let's just say that we're pretty idiosyncratic in our reluctance to throw politicians in prison.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Dipshit Donald? Douchebag Don?

Use his own words--Big Don Grab'em By the Pussy Trump is what I use at the family dinner table over the holidays.  The republican family members can't act shocked if their beloved president said it, right?  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

I don't understand the danger. The argument is that the Rs will try to do the same to Biden and any other Dem prez in the future...as if these crazy motherfuckers aren't going to do that regardless. The Dems need to get over this idea that they need to abide by some unwritten rulebook to keep the Rs or else the Rs will do whatever. They're going to do the worst shit no matter what you do. 

i worded that badly.  i understand the argument that doing so is dangerous.  and not just as precedent, but in terms of more morons with guns storming state houses and wherever the fuck else they want threatening anyone who isn't like them.  i don't agree with ignoring any of it, i don't agree that we should sweep it under the rug - i wasn't implying any of that.  

i was really making a post about what should be happening (and wondering why it isn't) to the underlings, starting with eastman and guiliani, and not talking about yanking law licenses.  what should be happening to these fake electors and whomever organized them.  i was trying to pose the question with the disclaimer that it wasn't a question about trump and charges brought/not brought against him.

i agree with what you replied with, it just wasn't the intent of my post.

2 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

Seems like a shitbag opportunist could take a real advantage of that norm.

Let's not elected shitbag opportunists, ok, America?

Edited by yoladu

Meanwhile, where was Merrick Garland today? In Ukraine! Assuring them that war criminals won’t go unpunished. That’s great, Merrick, but how soon will there be a chance to prosecute? Don’t you have more urgent business back home?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/rcna34506

Attorney General Merrick Garland makes surprise trip to Ukraine

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Merrick Garland made a surprise visit to Ukraine on Tuesday, according to a Department of Justice spokesperson.

Garland is meeting with Ukrainian Prosecutor General Iryna Venediktova "to discuss U.S. and international efforts to help Ukraine identify, apprehend, and prosecute those individuals involved in war crimes and other atrocities in Ukraine."

The attorney general, who first landed in Poland before traveling to Ukraine, was expected to make brief remarks to a small group of assembled journalists from U.S. and Ukrainian-based media outlets.

It's unclear where in the country Garland will be for the meeting and for how long the visit will last.

The Justice Department said Garland announced the launch of a "War Crimes Accountability Team" that will be responsible for overseeing the administration's work to hold people accountable for war crimes in Ukraine. Garland named Eli Rosenbaum, a 36-year veteran of DOJ, to lead the team.

"There is no hiding place for war criminals. The U.S. Justice Department will pursue every avenue of accountability for those who commit war crimes and other atrocities in Ukraine," Garland said in a statement. "Working alongside our domestic and international partners, the Justice Department will be relentless in our efforts to hold accountable every person complicit in the commission of war crimes, torture, and other grave violations during the unprovoked conflict in Ukraine."

• Hook 'Em 1