Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Must be another day in America! Well done everyone. 

Gun murders have been cut in half in the last few decades.  Gun murders at school are significantly lower than they were when I was in school in the 80s and 90s.  

Media coverage makes everyone think the opposite.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

You don’t know what the fuck you’re talking  about.  

Ask anyone who hunts waterfowl anywhere.  

Well, god forbid any legislation to protect school children interfered with your waterfowl hunting.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Well, god forbid any legislation to protect school children interfered with your waterfowl hunting.

He posted something demonstrably false.  He’s either dumb, ignorant or intentionally trying to mislead.  

If you’re going to be snarky, don’t be that wrong.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

On 3/21/2019 at 10:59 AM, GSU&UT said:

There's a growing body of research showing that young students are suffering from actual psychological trauma by participating in them. I legit wonder how I'm going to handle this with our daughter once she gets to elementary school since I'm sure our gun laws will only be more lax by then.

You do like the rest of us do and  you explain to them why it’s important, and instruct them to pay close attention to what the teacher says. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No, see, MS-13 is killing us all as we speak. You’re just too much of a libtard to acknowledge it.

No, see, gun violence is an epidemic that is worse than it’s ever been in the USA.  You’re just too much of a conservitard to acknowledge it.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

No, see, gun violence is an epidemic that is worse than it’s ever been in the USA.  You’re just too much of a conservitard to acknowledge it.  

True or false: America, right now, has the highest murder rate of any developed nation.

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again. 

Motherfucker.  If you can't hit a duck with the first shot, tough shit.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

good one.  i can't stop smiling at the wit , even a small chuckle. 

I had no idea that people hunt birds with semi automatics.  I've seen video of ranchers shooting wild hogs with those weapons, but isn't a shotgun a better choice for bird anyway? What' next? Patriot defense system for civilian use? 

Edited by NowThis

5 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

I've said this before but I'll say it again:

Anyone who needs a semi-automatic weapon to hunt is a gigantic fucking pussy that probably powders their balls.

I "may" powder my balls, but I don't hunt at all. 

13 minutes ago, NowThis said:

I had no idea that people hunt birds with semi automatics.  I've seen video of ranchers shooting wild hogs with those weapons, but isn't a shotgun a better choice for bird anyway? What' next? Patriot defense system for civilian use

I cant make sense of this post, but yes, semi-automatic shotguns are very popular in wingshooting.  Semi-automatic rifles for the helicopter hogs and whatnot.  

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I cant make sense of this post, but yes, semi-automatic shotguns are very popular in wingshooting.  Semi-automatic rifles for the helicopter hogs and whatnot.  

point is that semis don't make sense when shotguns are more effective IMO covering a huge area, no? I mean, if you absolutely have to take down the evil birds, use the more effective weapon right? 

5 minutes ago, NowThis said:

point is that semis don't make sense when shotguns are more effective IMO covering a huge area, no? I mean, if you absolutely have to take down the evil birds, use the more effective weapon right? 

Correct.  What is the difference between and OU and a legal (for migratory bird) semi-auto?  1 extra shell.     Semi-auto shotguns aren't the problem here.  It was a dumbass statement to include anything and everything semi-auto when likely trying to besmirch the use of semi-auto rifles for hunting.   idgaf about a semi-auto rifle, especially for hunting, but still.  That is what Sack was nitpicking about.

hqdefault.jpg
WON’T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN WATERFOWL HUNTERS

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Correct.  What is the difference between and OU and a legal (for migratory bird) semi-auto?  1 extra shell.     Semi-auto shotguns aren't the problem here.  It was a dumbass statement to include anything and everything semi-auto when likely trying to besmirch the use of semi-auto rifles for hunting.   idgaf about a semi-auto rifle, especially for hunting, but still.  That is what Sack was nitpicking about.

ok, i'm no gun expert but anything "automatic/semi" for birds seems to be really a dumb compromise between the mass blast of a shotgun (which i did once when 14) and a single shot rifle (if people still do that). So i'm talking about the goofy idea of a semi automatic rifle for birds - do hunters do that?? What the hell for?

36 minutes ago, NowThis said:

I had no idea that people hunt birds with semi automatics.  I've seen video of ranchers shooting wild hogs with those weapons, but isn't a shotgun a better choice for bird anyway? What' next? Patriot defense system for civilian use? 

Most shotguns are semi auto, dude.

1 minute ago, NoRagrets said:

If by "most" you mean "some", then I agree with you. 

I really don't know the stats, but I'm willing to wager that there are more pumps and O/U shotguns (and single shots and double-barrels) out there than autos, but I may be wrong. 

If you're talking about recent sales, then OK, autos may outsell others, but others had a 200 year head start. 

2 minutes ago, NowThis said:

ok whatever, i had in mind that 'hunters' are using this damn thing to kill sparrows.  True or false?

15885060-semi-automatic-ar-15-that-is-is

It’s pretty much illegal to hunt anything but non native species like hogs with a semi auto rifle.

21 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I call bullshit. 

You'd be correct.  I haven't looked at the law in years because I'm old fashioned and a bolt action deer rifle is good enough for my deer hunting, but iirc, you cant hunt with anything (above rimfire) with <5 round mag.  That was the stipulation *Doesn't pertain to varmits, hogs, etc.  But for deer and the like it was no rimfire, and no more than 5 rounds.  Same with migratory birds.  No more than 3 shells.

26 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Let’s compromise.  All guns from now on are semiautomatic shotguns.

Fuck no.  Over/under or sxs 100x over a semi-auto anything.

31 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

Probably half anyhow.

ok whatever, i had in mind that 'hunters' are using this damn thing to kill sparrows.  True or false?
15885060-semi-automatic-ar-15-that-is-isolated-on-a-white-background.jpg

This is what we are discussing

37891dee9e401b4b47c549ad515b11b7.jpg

I’m tired of this school shooting shit. My oldest is 7 and she was pretty freaked out last year when they started the drills. She still doesn’t like it, but is becoming accustomed. I don’t know what the answer is, the kids that commit these acts are troubled for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Meant to say hunt hogs.

Also I obviously meant semi-auto rifles. Shotguns are a bit different.

Edited by Brian Fantana

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Look at their terrified faces.

THEY ARE JUST BABIES

I hope all the gun nuts overcompensating for tiny dicks that hoot and holler about “MUH RIGHTS” see those terrorized faces in their nightmares.

You don’t even have to look at their faces. Look at the pictures of elementary school kids leaving school with their hands on their heads. It’s f-ing terrible. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Play the semantics game much? You knew exactly what he was referring to, so what’s the point of going in the circle that leads to 20+ useless posts? 

1 minute ago, Brew said:

Play the semantics game much? You knew exactly what he was referring to, so what’s the point of going in the circle that leads to 20+ useless posts? 

I've been hunting my entire life, it's a laughable argument. The only idiots I've ever known that hunted with semi-automatic rifles were trophy hunters (like Don Jr.), who I consider effectively subhuman and are only in the game to kill something and feel good about themselves.

18 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Schools are safer than they were 25 years ago.  There is a just a lot more media and social media coverage.  So there is a false perception that schools are not as safe.  Stop covering this shit so much.   

Please tell that to a group of Sandy Hook parents....you miserable piece of shit. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Schools are safer than 25 years ago, meanwhile kids experience trauma when they go through events like this and trauma at a young age is going to lead to some severe problems later in life. I'm cool with that though, we'll have a nation of poorly-adjusted more likely to commit suicide adults in a generation just so I can get a 3" erection shooting my assault rifle (LOL you don't know what that even is lib!!!!!) with my redneck buddy who drops hard R n-bombs regularly.

• Like 1

I think most republicans don’t see guns as the cause of the mass shootings, but rather as the outlet or tool to accomplish their feat.

Personally I think more resources need to be spent to identify the root cause of why these things happen and how to identify those individuals and get them help prior to an incident. 

Im surprised there hasn’t been more of an effort to reduce violent video games, movie and tv content for younger kids. I’d be supportive of that even as a conservative that typically likes less government and regulation.

4 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I think most republicans don’t see guns as the cause of the mass shootings, but rather as the outlet or tool to accomplish their feat.

Personally I think more resources need to be spent to identify the root cause of why these things happen and how to identify those individuals and get them help prior to an incident. 

Im surprised there hasn’t been more of an effort to reduce violent video games, movie and tv content for younger kids. I’d be supportive of that even as a conservative that typically likes less government and regulation.

Fuck yes, let's raise those taxes and get universal healthcare with access to mental health professionals. 

Second, you literally just made the 80s/90s Tipper Gore argument that the media is to blame and literally not the weapons themselves that are designed to kill. Fascinating

Schools are safer than they were 25 years ago.  There is a just a lot more media and social media coverage.  So there is a false perception that schools are not as safe.  Stop covering this shit so much.   

You can't be fucking serious

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread