2018 US Open - Shinnecock

Wally Fairway

13 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Sadly, I have a feeling that this might not be must see tv on Sunday. Good for DJ but sucks for viewing purposes. The losing of a huge group of stars doesn't hurt earlier. I guess I am hoping an amateur makes a run now. 

I don’t think this is going to run away. DJ is certainly locked in but you make one mistake into the fescue or run it off one of these greens, you can quickly add three strokes. 

It’s a pain in the ass for most folks who don’t have a house in Southampton to get to this open. There aren’t any big hotels local, and only a few small hotels anyways. Most are taking the LIRR (train) from the city or somewhere on Long Island. The parking is a long way from the course especially with the usual summer traffic. So many people just don’t want to deal with the effort. I have a long CSB story about how we dealt with the whole issue in 1995 but will spare everyone unless someone is interested.

54 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

It’s a pain in the ass for most folks who don’t have a house in Southampton to get to this open. There aren’t any big hotels local, and only a few small hotels anyways. Most are taking the LIRR (train) from the city or somewhere on Long Island. The parking is a long way from the course especially with the usual summer traffic. So many people just don’t want to deal with the effort. I have a long CSB story about how we dealt with the whole issue in 1995 but will spare everyone unless someone is interested.

sure, why not?

On 6/15/2018 at 11:13 AM, Mileslong said:

When you see Tiger play like this you wonder how he could ever compete against the young guns on a hard course set up for a Major

He can’t. He’ll never win a major again. The hand-wringing on here about him Thursday was hilarious. 

4 minutes ago, pops said:

He didn't cheat. He will be assessed 2 strokes for hitting a moving ball.  

Meh. He broke the rules. He cheated and was assessed the appropriate penalty. It's still cheating even if you don't get away with it. It's like a renege in Euchre. (I'm not sure if you're familiar with that reference.)

It wasn't diabolical. I don't think my choice of words to use on short notice merits a debate/distraction.

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Meh. He broke the rules. He cheated and was assessed the appropriate penalty. It's still cheating even if you don't get away with it. It's like a renege in Euchre. (I'm not sure if you're familiar with that reference.)

It wasn't diabolical. I don't think my choice of words to use on short notice merits a debate/distraction.

At least you got me to Google euchre. 

• Like 1

I think using the word Euchre is plenty enough to merit debate...