2018 US Open - Shinnecock

Wally Fairway

Overall, I think the Fox coverage is pretty good but they’ve turned the afternoon coverage into a featured group telecast. This morning they showed a lot of different players
Agreed. Better than I thought it would be but I can't stand buck.

Poulter better not win this.

18 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

If you think Jordan took one glance at a leaderboard on Thursday morning to see where he stood, you’re more clueless than I imagined. You need a tutorial on Professional Golf 101. 

It’s like you’ve never watched a tournament before. You can’t win it after one round, but you sure as fuck can lose it. And Jordan may have done that. Rory has  

But by all means, continue to track how close Jordan is to the leaders. I’m sure that’s what he’s worried about at this point  

Maybe he’ll be within 10 after day one. 

Relax man... Overreact much? 

I'm certain Jordan didn't look at a leaderboard. I didn't state otherwise. That doesn't stop me from tracking him relative to the leaders. If that really bothers you this much, I can't help you.

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

With the cut line likely to be +6 or +7, that keeps players at +8 or +9 after the first round still able to make the cut with a great round today.
Sorry Rory, you would still have to shoot the equivalent of slope adjusted  63 today to get to the cut line

Half the field hasn't started.  Rory might make the cut by shooting par.  But that doesn't seem likely based on the way he played yesterday.

Just got home from taking my daughter to the pediatrician and flipped it on.  Looks like more benign conditions than yesterday and a few more birdies available on the course.  Interested in seeing what the rest of the afternoon has in store, particularly whether any of Jordan, Phil or Rory among others can turn it around and make it to the weekend.