2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

EricNahlin

Staff member

9 minutes ago

New

Add bookmark

In the last hour I’ve had some new people reach out to me to shed some light on the events of the day. I don’t know them well but their stories are congruent so I’m inclined to believe them. I appreciate them for reaching out.

If they’re accurate, and I think they are, the read should have been Quinn Ewers was going to win the job, and probably even before the first scrimmage if not before camp. Yes, Ewers and Card have been pretty even throughout August but the staff had a good idea it was going with Ewers for at least the last week, but probably well before then.

How did we run bad info? Well, it aligned with what we were hearing about Card having the marginally better camp. It also aligned with some other, more private data points. We clearly over-weighted one particular source’s info. He has been very good to us in the past, and like I said, it aligned with some other stuff. Confirmation bias is probably the number one credibility killer in this line of work.

Given the context of this competition, it’s not very conventional. So even though we believe Card has been a little bit ahead on the field right now, it doesn’t mean he has clear advantages across the board.

We’ve heard one of the things that really tilted this in Quinn’s favor was the perception they’ll be able to rely on 12 personnel and run play-action to simplify Ewers’ decision making. He’s also been spending a lot of extra time with AJ Milwee and we can deduce that’s paying dividends in the minds of the coaches. And yes, he was really good in the red zone recently (but this was likely decided before then).

Very frustrating day personally. I care about being right almost more than anything else. Hopefully it was a good day for the program, though.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Skipper said:

This part is probably true and not the first or the last.  I know definitively they leaked to FCB (when he was at OB) years ago that Texas was ahead of OU in the final poll in 08 and would be in the MNC about 10 mins before it was announced officially so he would have egg on his face.  This was as a result of Chip asking Colt about potentially leaving early for the NFL, Colt saying he would think about it and make a decision after the season, then realizing that might be a story line ahead of A&M game and asking Chip politely not to publish that.  Of course Chip does what Chip does and puts it in his story anyways.  That was Bianco's way of saying way back then to go fuck yourself Chip.

CSB alert: that was the first Texas game I attended, first time I went to campus, and when I decided I'd go to school there one day. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

EricNahlin

Staff member

9 minutes ago

New

Add bookmark

In the last hour I’ve had some new people reach out to me to shed some light on the events of the day. I don’t know them well but their stories are congruent so I’m inclined to believe them. I appreciate them for reaching out.

If they’re accurate, and I think they are, the read should have been Quinn Ewers was going to win the job, and probably even before the first scrimmage if not before camp. Yes, Ewers and Card have been pretty even throughout August but the staff had a good idea it was going with Ewers for at least the last week, but probably well before then.

How did we run bad info? Well, it aligned with what we were hearing about Card having the marginally better camp. It also aligned with some other, more private data points. We clearly over-weighted one particular source’s info. He has been very good to us in the past, and like I said, it aligned with some other stuff. Confirmation bias is probably the number one credibility killer in this line of work.

Given the context of this competition, it’s not very conventional. So even though we believe Card has been a little bit ahead on the field right now, it doesn’t mean he has clear advantages across the board.

We’ve heard one of the things that really tilted this in Quinn’s favor was the perception they’ll be able to rely on 12 personnel and run play-action to simplify Ewers’ decision making. He’s also been spending a lot of extra time with AJ Milwee and we can deduce that’s paying dividends in the minds of the coaches. And yes, he was really good in the red zone recently (but this was likely decided before then).

Very frustrating day personally. I care about being right almost more than anything else. Hopefully it was a good day for the program, though.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

That’s funny. I’m glad I could do my part to help the team though. I always try to put the Longhorn football team first. 

My raging fat ass is headed out for a nice Friday night dinner. Just waiting on the crane I rented to pick me up. Could take some time. 

005A5CB0-8058-44AD-A519-3620514FDC8E.jpeg

Gonna need a crane for those fat ass titties

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

Pretty sure Evan Neal started at Bama as a true freshman. He was rated a little higher than Banks but still, it happens. 

Cam Robinson and Jonah Williams started as true frosh as well.  Saban will start a true frosh O-lineman if the kid is a stud and he's the best option at the position.  But it's pretty rare.

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

In other words card sealed his gate vs arkansas

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Cam Robinson and Jonah Williams started as true frosh as well.  Saban will start a true frosh O-lineman if the kid is a stud and he's the best option at the position.  But it's pretty rare.

I think redneck creed Humphrey started as a freshman for ou.  Vince carter as well

As a journalist it does suck and hurt when you get sources that lie to your face. 

As a journalist I’m trained to vet those sources and their info before any public reporting and not repeat what they say and move on from them.

Seems there’s a missing piece to that puzzle here unfortunately. Maybe some learn. If not they’ll be working in a Home Depot soon enough. 

Just now, The Ace of Aces said:

As a journalist it does suck and hurt when you get sources that lie to your face. 

As a journalist I’m trained to vet those sources and their info before any public reporting and not repeat what they say and move on from them.

Seems there’s a missing piece to that puzzle here unfortunately. Maybe some learn. If not they’ll be working in a Home Depot soon enough. 

It's funny you think they have sources. They're just making stuff up. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, The Ace of Aces said:

Guys like ketch and chip deserve it.  Roach and IT I don’t think so.  IT from what I’ve seen are pro sark guys. Thought this was sort of shitty of sark

4 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

$9.95ers have no discernible talent and would likely be unemployed without these jobs. But damn can they act indignant with the best of them. 

If only the morons who pay these fuckers monthly would contribute that money to NIL. 

• Hook 'Em 4

It's funny any of you think they actually really care about being wrong.  The clicks and subscriptions come fast and furious with this kind of shit.  An August 1st "Quinn Ewers will be the starter at Texas" proclamation is boring and predictable.  There's revenue to be generated by stirring up shit in the gray spaces and keeping the masses riled up.  

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I already paid ctj.  Ctd needs to pay me now

Why did you already pay?  Wasn’t the bet about the first snap of the season?  Until he trots out there week 1 there’s still time to get a boot on his car or something.  Wasn’t injury the only qualifier?

Edited by Darth Tron
Invoking evil
  • Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, El Compadre said:

BD383E0F-C981-4C77-8846-74716FD2FA9B.gif

this needs way more love.

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

It's funny any of you think they actually really care about being wrong.  The clicks and subscriptions come fast and furious with this kind of shit.  An August 1st "Quinn Ewers will be the starter at Texas" proclamation is boring and predictable.  There's revenue to be generated by stirring up shit in the gray spaces and keeping the masses riled up.  

I seriously doubt these guys are that smart.

Tomorrow's headline:

"Why Quinn Ewers May Not Make It To The Alabama Game"

By Chip Brown

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Don’t be naive.  Sark feeds their sources. My stance is fuck ketch and chip.  But everyone else?  They’ve hit soft on sark. So sark comes off as a douchebag to many.  Let’s hope he makes a bowl game this year.  

What was Sark's end goal here of feeding them disinformation? 

This is one of the dumbest takes I've seen. Do you really think Sark has the time to play games with 9.95ers over who is going to be the starting QB? This is so fucking stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3