2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

21 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Congrats if you had the under!!!

From Ketch

Reveal hidden contents

It sucks to be wrong.

At the end of the day, no one knows the stakes of reporting on this beat more than I do. Make a glib comment like "It's Austin" in January of 2011 inside of a message board thread and it might just be thrown in your face for the next 11+ years.

Plus, I like to be right. I like to win. No one in the market is more competitive than I am, for better or worse.

So, when I received a text message at roughly the same time the announcement was made by Texas SID John Bianco following Friday's practice, I knew what was waiting for me.

No excuses, my reporting from last night turned out to be wrong. Orangebloods was wrong. Specifically, more than anyone else, I was wrong.

I have no desire to run from that reality.

So, what happened? Here's a run down of thoughts.

1. Of course, we've circled back to our sources. No one really has a good answer for the situation. All of the people that we spoke with on Friday have access to the people involved and all were hearing the same thing with regards to Card being named the starter. Lots of shoulder shrugs.

2. I find it interesting that both of the primary Texas-based websites that we compete against reported similar information on the quarterback situation in the last 24 hours. That's not an attempt to throw blame or anything around. It's just an acknowledgement that weirdly everyone was kind of hearing the same thing and that no one was completely free of the damage of being wrong. Had one of the two reported something completely different, I feel like I might be able to better explain how this happened based on some clues it might have provided, but those clues don't exist.

3. One person I spoke with in the last hour who has spoken with the Texas coaches this week and was hearing the same thing I reported, believes that the report last night changed the dynamics of the situation. He can't explain with facts how it definitely did change things, but he certainly believes it. Until I learn a little more, of which I'm almost certainly sure I'll never be able to share on a message board, I don't have much to say about this part.

4. It's really strange how this was released. It goes against what Sarkisian said he was going to do as recent as 5pm yesterday. It was released through the team's head SID official. That has never happened as far back as I can remember.

5. I'm not going to write a novel. I'll just say that the goal is to always get it right. That's the goal moving forward. I know I'll be clowned on and that's just what comes with the territory. All you casn do is take the swings, get up and continue the daily grind.

Here's to a great season.

Bet he thinks the boosters capped Neyor's knee after his report too

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Vince Young had a lot more work to do as a passer coming out of high school than most 5 star pocket passer recruits, and especially compared to today when they all run college passing offenses in high school.  And if any of our QBs could run like Vince, they’d be starting as soon as the coach swallowed his pride and switched to a run first option attack - which is also exactly what happened with Mack and GD.  It’s apples and oranges.

Usually the top ranked QB doesn’t play as a true freshman because he goes to a big time program whose experienced QBs are also good.  We are not that program.

This right here. Last year was a toss up between two incomplete QBs. Neither had the talent Ewers does so it didn't make a shit who we trotted out there. If you have two iffy QBs you start the one with the most upside. Last year that was debatable. This year it is not. Put Ewers in and see what he can do for you. You don't want to see Card back there vs Bama. Arkansas 2.0

One person I spoke with in the last hour who has spoken with the Texas coaches this week and was hearing the same thing I reported, believes that the report last night changed the dynamics of the situation. He can't explain with facts how it definitely did change things, but he certainly believes it. Until I learn a little more, of which I'm almost certainly sure I'll never be able to share on a message board, I don't have much to say about this part.

Yeah, your report influenced the most important decision of the head coach making millions a year to win. He changed it all and is starting a different QB now because of what some fan website wrote. Jesus do these fucks read their own bullshit to see how it sounds?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Until I learn a little more, of which I'm almost certainly sure I'll never be able to share on a message board, I don't have much to say about this part.

Translation. No one tells me anything and no one is going to tell me anything but you'll never know because I'll never tell you that.

Imagine if one - just one - of these Bozos had said yesterday, "Fuck it, I'm going against the trend to Card and I'm calling it tonight for Ewers?" 

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

I love the conspiracy theories on how it was released. “It’s so strange”. Not really. 

Since Steve Sarkisian didn’t call each and every reporter individually and let them know this was an inside job man! What coach goes through head of media relations when making an announcement? Something is up maaan!!!!

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Hahahahahaha. What a glorious day it is for all of us who’ve maintained consistently with certainty that the majority of our $9.95ers are useless pieces of shit. And for those of us who have maintained that anyone but Ewers being named the starter would be lunacy and doesn’t make sense. 

I got a call today from a good buddy who told me “dude, you’re not going to fucking believe this. it sounds like sarkisian is really going to name card the starter. *coworker stumblefuck x* is swearing adamantly. i talked to so and so and he didn’t tell me that it was outright incorrect. what the fuck is going on in there?”

Sounds like 30-60 minutes later, he was vindicated and meanwhile the $9.95ers burnt  can go fuck themselves. 

For most of us lurkers, can you fill us in on the bet with the other “closeto”?

2 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Don't blame fat ketch and FCB. The real criminals that we should be chastising and whom we should be mocking, are all of the morons paying for OB access and then posting their retarded drivel over here.

If they'd stop posting the OB bullshit over here, the pussies here wouldn't have to go apoplectic over fake news.

The guy I replied to, who I was chastising for spreading OB’s aids, is the one who posts the OB stories…are you fuckin with me? Lol. What we have here is a failure to communicate gif 

The funniest part about all of this is I bet the QB battle wasn't even close contrary to reports. 

This is why I take every report from the 9.95er with a grain of salt. Everyone was melting over "we're screwed because Ewers isn't better than Card" when it was likely just fabricated bullshit because they didn't know who would be the starter. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I said last year in November, in response to someone on a thread somewhere, I don’t remember which board or thread, that no one on the roster currently would be taking the open snap at QB for Texas in game one of 2022. 

@closetohumping decided he’d take the other side of the argument and said he found that hard to believe. I said let’s bet, name any price. He chose $1000 and the stipulation is that injury nullifies the bet, nothing else will. Someone from 2021’s roster had to take the snap. 

Did I know that Casey Thompson was out? No, but I knew that they knew that his dad was pleading his case and whining about the program to several $9.95ers. He handed Chip Brown the bullshit about racist boosters pressuring the staff to play Card. So, seemed like he was going to be gone. Card was so shaken by that point that there were doubts he’d return. 

Did I know that Ewers was coming? No. Knew he was unhappy by November, but who didn’t? It just seemed obvious that they were going hunting for someone that gave them hope at QB in the portal. 

Anyway, I haven’t checked my Venmo today, but I have no doubt that sweet humping has already sent payment across. 

Glorious.  I’m sure in a few weeks you’re Venmo will pay the surly tab.  

15 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lol, Nahlin doesn’t actually suck guys. Sure.

This ridiculous shit reminds me of the Noah Cain changing his mind as he walked to the podium story. I’m proud of Sark for pulling some slick shit and hopefully people understand that going forward they need to be writing shit that helps Texas.