2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

59 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

During games there is a temporary flight restriction, but I’m not savvy enough to know if that’s illegal airspace for practices and scrimmages.  

Drones are heavily restricted over UT. Pretty sure UTPD keeps an AA gun in the tower. 

5 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

I think that some of the $9.95ers recognize, not wrongly, that drama breeds clicks which breeds ad dollars and subs. OB is the most egregious example, but a close camp battle or whatever yesterday's drama was probably drove subs for all of these sites.

Agree with this about all of them. Difference is I think IT cares about what’s best for the program and OB actively doesnt. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This reminds of the famous story by the former military psychoanalyst who followed a Chicago doomsday cult in the 50’s. The Seekers, I think. The cult let him/her, can’t remember which or if there was also a reporter, join in and observe their view of the last days on earth.

The leader was a female and she’d received word from aliens that the world would end on a certain day due to global flooding, but the aliens would show up at a specific time and day to pick them up ahead of the disaster. People quit their jobs and shit to join this group. Each time the time and day came and went, the leader would change the date via a new message. She couldn’t adjust to reality due to the ego blow, and neither could her followers. There’s actually a psychological term for this phenomena, I just can’t remember it. You’re right that Nahlin and Ketchum are absolutely exhibiting signs of it though. 

Along those same lines, there was a con man in Dallas a few years ago that conned a ton of Surly-like 10%’ers out of millions of dollars.

My friend was the FBI special agent in charge and he said the guy kept telling investors Disney was going to open a theme park in North Texas, and sold them options on land around the supposed location. This went on for over FIVE years. Every time Disney didn’t announce anything, he’d just make up an excuse and convince them to buy more options. People just kept believing because they wanted to believe. A bunch of ex-athletes got caught up in the scam too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

EricNahlin

Staff member

9 minutes ago

New

Add bookmark

In the last hour I’ve had some new people reach out to me to shed some light on the events of the day. I don’t know them well but their stories are congruent so I’m inclined to believe them. I appreciate them for reaching out.

If they’re accurate, and I think they are, the read should have been Quinn Ewers was going to win the job, and probably even before the first scrimmage if not before camp. Yes, Ewers and Card have been pretty even throughout August but the staff had a good idea it was going with Ewers for at least the last week, but probably well before then.

How did we run bad info? Well, it aligned with what we were hearing about Card having the marginally better camp. It also aligned with some other, more private data points. We clearly over-weighted one particular source’s info. He has been very good to us in the past, and like I said, it aligned with some other stuff. Confirmation bias is probably the number one credibility killer in this line of work.

Given the context of this competition, it’s not very conventional. So even though we believe Card has been a little bit ahead on the field right now, it doesn’t mean he has clear advantages across the board.

We’ve heard one of the things that really tilted this in Quinn’s favor was the perception they’ll be able to rely on 12 personnel and run play-action to simplify Ewers’ decision making. He’s also been spending a lot of extra time with AJ Milwee and we can deduce that’s paying dividends in the minds of the coaches. And yes, he was really good in the red zone recently (but this was likely decided before then).

Very frustrating day personally. I care about being right almost more than anything else. Hopefully it was a good day for the program, though.

OK Surlians...

Buy or Sell?

29 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I know he has some not so nice takes but Brian Jones LOVES Texas Football..  He always talks up the program when he is a special guest on radio shows and pods.. He gets enthusiastic about them during his CBS CFB show.

Really hard for me to believe he loves Texas football when he went on the radio last year and said playing time decisions were being made based off race.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I know some of you guys on here are friends with Nahlin so I understand people wanting to think he’s alright, but I think the guy is a liability. When his ego is threatened in any way, he becomes unhinged. His ego is tied to his credibility as a writer associated to UT. He’ll put himself above what’s best for Texas any time it suits his insecurities. 

That might be fair- I don’t know. Like I said- I know him tangentially as a friend of a friend from my high buddy when he and his crew were tearing up Bellville. It is in no way related to IT or his stuff there. It’s not a strongly held opinion informed by tons of time spent in a relationship or anything- just being at a couple of the same parties and a lunch or two watching the NCAA tournament. I liked him when I was around him. I’m pretty sure he likes UT. My opinion doesn’t go further than that other than to say whatever perceived or actual faults he has he isn’t Ketch or Chip Brown who are the anchors of the other two fan sites. 

56 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Finalized and funded is from what I gather. Apparently cdc did his thang. 

Nice, bout time. Maybe one reason donors are at scrimmage today. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

So nobody has lost a limb or died at the scrimmage?

SHUT UP! Don't jinx anything man.

But yeah I was wondering if there have been any scrimmage rumblings yet regarding injuries (or lack thereof)

55 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I know he has some not so nice takes but Brian Jones LOVES Texas Football..  He always talks up the program when he is a special guest on radio shows and pods.. He gets enthusiastic about them during his CBS CFB show.

Correct. I met him once in person. Really nice guy. 

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

AAS sucks.. it's like they enjoy questioning everything UT sports related.. and what's worse is that these bozo's go to other radio/podcasts where they are labeled experts.  Then they proceed to shit on the program and feed into the narrative that UT is a circus show.  I've listened to them give praises to aggy, baylor..just about any other program outside the one that they cover.  It's always a mess with no light at the end of the tunnel.  

And fuck the local reporter who shitted on VY with a heisman vote to Reggie Bush.. This clown was up front and center seeing VY transform in 2004 and wreck shop in 2005 and he still voted for Reggie..  With a BS reason column in doing so as to rub it in everyone's face  in the Austin area..

Yeah, Finebaum had Bowels on his show as his Texas expert insider...

5hhsbf.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Ok who has a fake practice report?

I am ready to get irrationally hopeful or despondent based on false reports of grandeur and failure from the bitter ramblings of the betrayed.

Tell us how the offense won the day.

QB1 has taken the boost of confidence from his coach and run with it, executing beautifully throughout the morning. His footwork was crisp, his calls sharp, and his ball placement outstanding. 
etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Ok who has a fake practice report?
I am ready to get irrationally hopeful or despondent based on false reports of grandeur and failure from the bitter ramblings of the betrayed.
Tell us how the offense won the day.

No scrimmage. At 10am CDC came out with Hartzell grabbed a mic on the 50 yard line and announced that the University of Texas at Austin is dropping its football program.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

I can't wait for the beginning of the practice reports today to start with, "it seems like QE3 Is really taking being named starter to heart. It's like a light switch came on for him."

QE will “shred the defense” so the sheep can switch their anger to the defense and PK. $9.95 please 

"I'm told that Ewers threw 4 picks in front of the big money donors, leaving all of them shaking their heads at the disaster of this lackluster product out of Southlake. I'm told that Sark named Ewers the starter just so the donors could see how bad he is with their own eyes and give Sark the room he needs to name Card the premier pistol puller at the University of Texas at Austin. I'm told this was all a bait and switch, masterfully executed by Sark."

• Drool 1

I’m waiting for the “our sources say ” stuff from the practice. 

last scrimmage reports were out early after the scrimmage. 

They’ve improved their source vetting.

“So when you say Card threw a wounded duck on a deep ball can you describe the severity of the wound? Like grazed on the tail with BBB shot wounded or took 00 right to the face wounded? I need to get this right.”
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Rimbo said:

There's also the fact that Card can't make decisions at this level. No amount of talent differential makes up for that.

Let's not go FULL retard, now. He's still a freshman.

Don't you even fucking DARE start that shit up again.

No, no... this is actually a good idea. Assuming he doesn't go out there and pull a Card.

I mean, I'm on team Malik, personally. But that isn't going to happen this year. And "expect" is not the same as "root for."

Maalik will never start here and probably portal out after the year.