UTEP @ Oklahoma

Constant

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I don’t know.  Going fast - I’m only excited if the D holds up.  Nightmares of our D gassed and toast way too often…

That drive looked solid, but I hear ya. It’s a difficult balance. 

Edited by Constant

2 minutes ago, Constant said:

Fuck it.  I’m all in.  Have a nice chunk at 50-1 title, I planned to hedge in playoff.  And also 30-1 Gabriel Heisman.  Wasn’t dumb money.  

‘The most popular college football championship futures wager as of now at Caesars, though, is a team who hasn’t won a title in over 20 years. 

Oklahoma leads the way in both total number of tickets (13%) and total dollars wagered (18%). Ohio State (11% tickets, 11% dollars) and Georgia (10% tickets, 17% dollars) are the two others that have racked up a double-digit percentage in each category. 

Alabama has snagged the third-most total dollars wagered at 15%, and ranks fourth in total number of tickets at 9%. That is highlighted by one Nevada bettor who staked $3,000 on Alabama +300 for a total potential payout of $12,000, which is the largest 2021-22 college football championship futures wager taken thus far at Caesars.’

And it isn’t Joe Q Public betting OU.  That was sharps looking to hedge w a playoff birth.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Constant said:

Looks like same old shit.  Not forming any opinion yet but it isn’t an overnight fix.  Not worried but looking more at the D vs offensive sputtering.  

edit: LR OU gives up a TD here every time.  Let’s see

edit 2: 3 and out w 2 sacks.  Sorry after OU was up 21 and gave up at least 10 straight no LR D ever had 2 sacks and a 3 and out.  Literally never happened.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

BlowU pass rush still not that impressive, despite the back to back sacks. Those were both coverage sacks in which the qb had plenty of time to get rid of the ball. 

We haven’t had many coverage sacks going back quite a while. I’ll take it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

UTEP was dominated by North Texas last weekend. 

I thought OU would win this by 50+. 

Not true. UTEP and UNT were equal in yardage, UTEP couldn't convert 4th downs (2/6). UTEP's offense is good.

But UTEPs defense is terrible. OU should score TDs every drive.

24 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Pretty sure at some point a quarterback is supposed to do something with the ball.  Standing in the pocket sadly isn’t working 

LOL I was thinking the UTEP QB had a pretty bold strategy of just holding the ball for like 8 seconds to see if someone pops open.

• Haha 1