Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

On 9/12/2023 at 10:44 AM, Hookem2147 said:

The funny part is we spend all this time bellyaching about his footwork and he didn’t really even step into either of the long bombs. The Mitchell one he had some interior pressure that was about to fall in his lap and the Worthy one he just sort of flicked his wrist.

He showed more contact courage against Bama than Rice. That was the biggest difference I saw. He stood there and delivered balls even if the footwork wasn’t perfect.

He didn’t step into either, but his feet were set on both (he wasn’t falling away when he threw the ball). That makes a huge difference.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Amazing to think that people in the 70s rode their pickup trucks to high school parking lots and left shotguns in the window behind the drivers seat! 

And Winchester .30-30s during deer season. 
Common sight at Giddings High School in the 1960s when I was a faculty member. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Vince has been hanging around the program a lot this past year or so. i.e. more than he did before now, it seems like. He's on the sidelines a bunch, he was at at least one fall camp practice, he went and found Quinn on the field after the Bama game. 

I'm not taking any credit away from Quinn, but I don't think he calls that meeting if VY is absent from the program and not telling these kids how they did things the last time Texas was beating serious ass on the regular. We know VY is in his ear propping him up and giving him confidence - I wouldn't be surprised if Quinn also has his # and texts him from time to time. 

Again - not taking anything away from QE - just wanted to mention that it's cool that we have a guy almost 20 years removed form playing here that is still helping to set the standard whenever he can. 

Here's post Bama in case anyone hasn't seen it.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Vince has been hanging around the program a lot this past year or so. i.e. more than he did before now, it seems like. He's on the sidelines a bunch, he was at at least one fall camp practice, he went and found Quinn on the field after the Bama game. 

I'm not taking any credit away from Quinn, but I don't think he calls that meeting if VY is absent from the program and not telling these kids how they did things the last time Texas was beating serious ass on the regular. We know VY is in his ear propping him up and giving him confidence - I wouldn't be surprised if Quinn also has his # and texts him from time to time. 

Again - not taking anything away from QE - just wanted to mention that it's cool that we have a guy almost 20 years removed form playing here that is still helping to set the standard whenever he can. 

During the early 4th quarter, supposedly Vince told Quinn to "finish the game."

I don't know shit but like with everyone around program, I think Vince senses something special about this team. I think he wants to do what he can to impart his wisdom to help this team achieve their goals.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Goodness, it’s a little early for players only meetings, no?

I hope this is sarcasm.  The IT Team notes said Texas had a lackadaisical practice and QE and team leaders wanted to reiterate that it was not acceptable and they have to treat every game week like Alabama. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I hope this is sarcasm.  The IT Team notes said Texas had a lackadaisical practice and QE and team leaders wanted to reiterate that it was not acceptable and they have to treat every game week like Alabama. 

By God and Henry Jacob Lutcher Stark, I hope Quinn ripped that “let up” attitude out of every single team member and has them frothing at the mouth to stomp the shit out of every opponent every week this season. 
Winning championships isn’t for the lackadaisical slackers.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Regardless, context is everything. A players only meeting coming off a win at Alabama is a lot different than one coming off a loss in Lubbock 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

By God and Henry Jacob Lutcher Stark, I hope Quinn ripped that “let up” attitude out of every single team member and has them frothing at the mouth to stomp the shit out of every opponent every week this season. 
Winning championships isn’t for the lackadaisical slackers.

I think it was from a 30 for 30, they made a big deal about how much of the accountability for the 2001 Miami team was player led. Of course that may have been by necessity because Larry Coker was basically half a corpse. 

Anyway, those guys were basically terrified of slacking off for a second because if they did, Vilma, Ed Reed, and the rest of those guys were going to be on their ass with the quickness. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Regardless, context is everything. A players only meeting coming off a win at Alabama is a lot different than one coming off a loss in Lubbock 

I think Sark alluded to this in his presser. He said the leaders on the team were making sure the team stayed focus coming off the big win. This shit is welcomed and prob a very good sign this team stays the course. Guess we'll see how they play on Saturday.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I think it was from a 30 for 30, they made a big deal about how much of the accountability for the 2001 Miami team was player led. Of course that may have been by necessity because Larry Coker was basically half a corpse. 

Anyway, those guys were basically terrified of slacking off for a second because if they did, Vilma, Ed Reed, and the rest of those guys were going to be on their ass with the quickness. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Yeah, it was sarcasm pointed at the usual practice of letting the horse out of the barn then slamming the barn door with a players meeting.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Yeah, it was sarcasm pointed at the usual practice of letting the horse out of the barn then slamming the barn door with a players meeting.

There’s been so many stupid takes this week, it’s hard to tell who is being serious and who is being sarcastic 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lol. I’m glad Sark isn’t as reactionary as this. Let’s bench the starter after the biggest regular season win in the last 10 years instead of working out the problem. 

Yeah the problem with this is that we’ve been “working out the problem” for a solid year now and the problem is Quinn himself. He’s too inconsistent. His mechanics suck. And he’s not a leader, no matter how much he wants to be.

I’ve seen enough to know that he doesn’t have what it takes to make us elite, and no win against a shitty Bama team is going to change that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Some of you are so desperate for good quarterback play that you’re going to continue making excuses for shitty play merely out of hope that Ewers is finally the one.

He misses wide open receivers badly.

He still doesn’t see the field well.

He still throws passes while jumping backward like the one that should have been picked in the end zone tonight.

He still doesn’t throw the deep ball well.

But I guess guess what I’m seeing is not what I think I’m seeing.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Some of you are so desperate for good quarterback play that you’re going to continue making excuses for shitty play merely out of hope that Ewers is finally the one.

He misses wide open receivers badly.

He still doesn’t see the field well.

He still throws passes while jumping backward like the one that should have been picked in the end zone tonight.

He still doesn’t throw the deep ball well.

But I guess guess what I’m seeing is not what I think I’m seeing.

Calm Down Saturday Night Live GIF by Seeso

Ewers was not very good tonight for 3 quarters. Threw over the heads of multiple open receivers. The pass to Sanders where he was interfered with was not good, he wasn’t open. Way too inconsistent. Needs to bring the same focus for Alabama and OU to every game.

Edited by Billy Pilgrim
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Some of what you are seeing isn't what you think you are seeing. Those throws "behind the receiver" early were window throws against zone coverage. Receivers are running routes as if they are going against man. Quin is throwing the ball in the window. If he leads them its either picked or they get their clock cleaned. Most likely they are supposed to recognize the coverage and sit down in it. Did he have some bad throws? Yes, but not everything is what it appears to be. We have struggled against the type of defense since Sark has been here. We have to get it sorted.

Ewers definitely misses some open WRs but Sark even mentioned this after the opener. 

I think our WRs are really good at beating guys man to man because they're incredible athletes. They aren't particularly good at finding soft spots in the zone. I wish Ewers would look for Whittington a bit more because I think he's the one WR that does a pretty decent job of finding space in zone coverage. 

• Hook 'Em 7

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Ewers definitely misses some open WRs but Sark even mentioned this after the opener. 

I think our WRs are really good at beating guys man to man because they're incredible athletes. They aren't particularly good at finding soft spots in the zone. I wish Ewers would look for Whittington a bit more because I think he's the one WR that does a pretty decent job of finding space in zone coverage. 

Agree 100%. They are just running their route instead of breaking it off and sitting in the open spot. A lot of people here don't seem to understand those are sight adjustments that are supposed to happen. Couple that with outright drops and you have what you have. 

Quinn's biggest technical problem is he doesn't like to get hit. So he won't stand there in the face of a free rusher and make a throw. He is always retreating in some way(throw off back foot). Teams know this and try to get Blitzers up the middle to affect him. He needs to get that sorted. 

I will have to go listen to the presser. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet