Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

9 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

They weren't shitty.

I mean yes their team sucked crap at the time but they had only been really bad for one year and would only be bad for one year after they drafted him. That isn't a shitty franchise, just a team passing through a transition.

That is not the same as being drafted by the Browns or the Lions or some other truly wretched franchise that will always be bad with will probably get you killed in your rookie season.

Aikman almost got killed his rookie season. He got knocked cold and bled from the ears. Your point still remains obviously just a fun fact

13 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

You're crazy if you think that's what will be available to him.  Sark will be getting calls from the best receivers in the portal, and there are some great fucking receivers in the portal.

What "great fucking receivers" are in the portal? Only ones with decent numbers I've heard about announcing recently are Kris Mitchell and Deion Burks. USC and Notre Dame are each losing one to the portal, but they haven't shown anything. But my point wasn't that we wouldn't get any, it was that Ewers would be starting over with an entirely new pass-catching group.

2 minutes ago, AnotherLawyer said:

What "great fucking receivers" are in the portal? Only ones with decent numbers I've heard about announcing recently are Kris Mitchell and Deion Burks. USC and Notre Dame are each losing one to the portal, but they haven't shown anything. But my point wasn't that we wouldn't get any, it was that Ewers would be starting over with an entirely new pass-catching group.

The one for South Carolina is a stud.  Was hurt this year.  But his injury should not affect him in 2024.

The portal hasn’t even officially opened yet genius. Only grad transfers thus far.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm pretty stoked to see more Cook.

Same here. I think Cook could be at worst another DevDuv and I'm ecstatic about that.

...but it doesn't change that he wasn't exactly a regular performer this year. 7 for 124 and zeroes in all the other statistical categories. I want Ewers back next year. I think we're a clear top 5-6 contender with him and a marginal to 7-12 contender without him. It just seems like the calculus on his side is that it's in his best interest to go to the NFL this year.

You can announce you are entering the portal in September for all anyone gives a fuck. Other schools aren’t allowed to contact you* until Dec 4th when it opens. 

*If you don’t think players, their parents, “agents”, uncles, and pastors aren’t contacting other players and their respective parties at different schools before Dec. 4th, I have some digital beanie babies to sell you. 

• Haha 1

Time does crazy things to people’s memory. Colt didn’t win over fan base until junior year after Jamaal Charles left. VY went super saiyan the last game of his sophomore year and made it his team junior year without Derrick Johnson or Cedric Benson there.

VY only had one 300 yd passing game in his entire career here. Through two years, Colt had 4. Quinn already has 6 while missing 3 or 4 games.

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

You can announce you are entering the portal in September for all anyone gives a fuck. Other schools aren’t allowed to contact you* until Dec 4th when it opens. 

*If you don’t think players, their parents, “agents”, uncles, and pastors aren’t contacting other players and their respective parties at different schools before Dec. 4th, I have some digital beanie babies to sell you. 

how the hell im I gonna fuck a digital beanie baby?  Cut a hole in my computer screen?

Time does crazy things to people’s memory. Colt didn’t win over fan base until junior year after Jamaal Charles left. VY went super saiyan the last game of his sophomore year and made it his team junior year without Derrick Johnson or Cedric Benson there.
VY only had one 300 yd passing game in his entire career here. Through two years, Colt had 4. Quinn already has 6 while missing 3 or 4 games.

So Quinn’s a better qb than VY?

QB? Yea, obviously
Athlete? No, obviously

You can say passer, but youre out of your mind about qb. VY would destroy in this offense. Quinn probably wouldn’t make it a game running the zone read.

VY is probably the greatest college qb of all time. QE will be top 10 at Texas most likely if he returns.

51 minutes ago, GTJ1982 said:

Last I checked they both play QB. 

Cute

22 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

You can say passer, but youre out of your mind about qb. VY would destroy in this offense. Quinn probably wouldn’t make it a game running the zone read.

VY is probably the greatest college qb of all time. QE will be top 10 at Texas most likely if he returns.

What year we talking here?

Same here. I think Cook could be at worst another DevDuv and I'm ecstatic about that.
...but it doesn't change that he wasn't exactly a regular performer this year. 7 for 124 and zeroes in all the other statistical categories. I want Ewers back next year. I think we're a clear top 5-6 contender with him and a marginal to 7-12 contender without him. It just seems like the calculus on his side is that it's in his best interest to go to the NFL this year.

So Cook

could be

AT WORST

a Devin Duvernay?

Another lawyer, indeed. His last year, Duvernay had zero drops, had speed to burn, and ran excellent routes. I’d take Duvernay over Worthy without hesitation and believe he’s our best wide receiver since Shipley.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

His last year, Duvernay had zero drops, had speed to burn, and ran excellent routes.

No fucking shit? His last year, you say? Did he also do that as a sophomore? Or even as a junior? How about 'not even within the same galaxy' and 'no not even in the same zip code' respectively?

Where Cook ends up and where he is next year are two different things. DevDuv barely broke a hundred yards for the season as sophomore and was 500ish and 4 TD as a junior. A worst, Cook could end up as good as DevDuv, who had an amazing senior year. Cook's ceiling is incredible. But next year is his second year. I sure as shit hope he catches a 100 for 1400 next year. I'll be ecstatic with 40 for 500 and 5 TD.

Go back to the fucking igloo, man.

Edited by AnotherLawyer
And where Cook is as a senior, if he even stays that long, is irrelevant to where he is next year in his first full year catching passes.

8 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

So Quinn’s a better qb than VY?

VY is the best college football player I’ve ever seen and it’s not even close (it was Tommy Frazier before that in my opinion).  Quinn is really good, but he hasn’t reached Motherfucker status yet.  If we sneak into the playoffs and Quinn goes on a run, I may reconsider.  I’m glad he’s here and I hope he stays another year.

1 hour ago, Horn Dogg said:

VY is the best college football player I’ve ever seen and it’s not even close (it was Tommy Frazier before that in my opinion).  Quinn is really good, but he hasn’t reached Motherfucker status yet.  If we sneak into the playoffs and Quinn goes on a run, I may reconsider.  I’m glad he’s here and I hope he stays another year.

People talk about Tebow and shit but I have never been more confident in a QB than Vince. I was a junior in high school during the national championship game, and after the 4th down stop with Reggie on the sideline, I had no doubt we would win. He was just always clutch. Colt had a similar aura after but nowhere near. Vince was super-human. Maybe not controversial here, but Tebow never had the same x-factor as VY. Urban's system really benefited him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/29/2023 at 6:50 PM, shadow_operative said:

i mean, worthy is first team all big xii (including as a return man, highlighting his dynamism), AD Mitchell is the newcomer of the year and a projected first round pick, JT Sanders is first team all league will be a first or second round pick and is our best TE since J Mike. it’s the best group of pass catchers (including the backs, gunnar helm, whittington, etc) that we’ve had in ages. it’s an extremely talented group. to downplay how talented and productive these guy are makes you seem partial, and agenda driven. imo anyway. 

Did you watch the game last night? Did you see Penix throwing off his back foot all game, missing open wide receivers, and generally struggling when any kind of pressure was on him? What about Bo Nix? Looked a lot like Auburn Bo Nix when facing a little defense. Remember that Quinn threw for 369 on UW.

Anyway, Worthy is probably the best receiver in the country with the ball in his hands. That said, he has trouble getting the ball in his hands if there is any contact, or on balls past 20 yards. This has been the case for all his time on the 40, long before Quinn got here. He doesn't track the ball well and he struggles catching with his hands. He likes to basket catch everything. AD is a good receiver, but he isn't shifty or a burner. He catches whats thrown to him but doesn't turn up field and make a play afterwards. That's not partial or agenda driven. That's just the plain truth with no burnt orange tinted shades.

TV and draft personality opinions are wrong all the time. That's How Jamarcus Russell goes first and Tom Brady barely gets drafted. Bo Nix has looked like a world beater the second he stepped out of the SEC. Maybe he is that good or maybe they just play a trash schedule. What I do know is that Oergon has stepped out of their conference vs a decent team twice in the last two years vs UNC and Georgia. Bo threw for 205 2tds and 1int vs UNC, and 21-37 177 and 2 ints vs Georgia. Penix got outplayed head to head vs Quinn last year in a bowl game, throwing it 54 times for only 287 yards to Quinn's 369 on 47 tosses. Outside of that they haven't stepped outside the Pac12 vs anyone good. Bottom line, all QBs struggle. This who is the best won't get answered til they all get to the league.

4 hours ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

People talk about Tebow and shit but I have never been more confident in a QB than Vince. I was a junior in high school during the national championship game, and after the 4th down stop with Reggie on the sideline, I had no doubt we would win. He was just always clutch. Colt had a similar aura after but nowhere near. Vince was super-human. Maybe not controversial here, but Tebow never had the same x-factor as VY. Urban's system really benefited him. 

Tebow wasn’t shit, he was more like a TE playing QB.  ESPN and Jesus liked him and hyped him up.

• Like 2

There have been at least five beautiful throws, including the one to Mitchell before he broke. They know he’s throwing almost every play and he’s still completing a mix of deep and short patterns. He’s getting rid of the ball early when he needs to, and holding onto it when he can for longer completions. 

• Hook 'Em 1