Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

Almost makes me wonder what Sark had to promise Quinn and his dad to get him to come to Texas in the spring. (I say this with full knowledge that Card is not the ultimate answer at QB1 for this team. And maybe we are taking lumps this year so Ewers is not green for 2023. Just sucks because these are winnable games and we could conceivably be the likely TCU opponent in the Big 12 title game.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

seeing the numbers just backs up what the tape has been telling all of us. to this point in his career the guy has been a liability. at this point he's probably our worst starter in either side of the ball. people used to talk so much shit about mack and gdgd having to simplify the playbook for VY, but aside from guys who weren't actually QBs (eg Swoopes and Heard), that KU offense was the most stripped down, simplified offense i've ever seen at Texas. that we have so many people fervently arguing in favor of Quinn is just wild.

Bwhahahaha!!! Look at this guy. Both guys have awful numbers throwing past 10 yards, while one guy has a higher overall completion percentage. What does that tell you Derka? It should tell that Card is throwing a shit ton more short passes than Ewers is. Then when you watch the game you should've recognized that Sark has Card out there in 11 personnel playing the quick game for the majority of his time. 11 personnel gives you more one on one matchups which helps a QB more easily read a defense. Harder to disguise coverage with 4 and 5 WRs. Then when QE is out there we are running more complicated plays out of 12 personnel, and even passing with Karic out there as an extra lineman. Sometimes we are only sending two receivers out in routes from a heavy run look. 

What that means is he trusts QE way more than Card and therefore allows him to throw downfield out of way more complicated sets and schemes. QE is attempting way more low percentage throws, which is why when we do spread it out with him, he looks so much more comfortable. 

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Almost makes me wonder what Sark had to promise Quinn and his dad to get him to come to Texas in the spring. (I say this with full knowledge that Card is not the ultimate answer at QB1 for this team. And maybe we are taking lumps this year so Ewers is not green for 2023. Just sucks because these are winnable games and we could conceivably be the likely TCU opponent in the Big 12 title game.)

For me it's as simple as this. We are always bitching and complaining as a group when a guy is struggling out there. We see limited plays of a backup against a lesser opponent only to realize the coaches indeed had it right when said player got some snaps vs a quality opponent. Time and time again its happened. When Watts went out. When Thompson went out. Last year when Christian Jones went out. We can keep going. Card has looked serviceable in the 3 games he played. However, if you look at the one game where both guys played the common opponent it was Bama. QE looked good and AS SOON as Card came in we couldn't consistently move the ball. So I am of the "maybe the coaches have it right" camp.  One thing I do know is they are asking way more of Quinn when maybe they should call Card's offense for him too. 

On 11/21/2022 at 1:50 PM, immamac said:

They are trying to make him see the field the way they see the field, but Sark was a shit ass quarterback and quite frankly I don't think Sark has ever coached a natural talent as great as Quinn and he doesn't really know how to let Quinn be Quinn while getting him honed in on the playbook and offense.

Lol wtf are you talking about?  

Sark was objectively a really good college QB.  His 173.6 efficiency rating his senior season ranks 54th out of 2,636 qualifying QB seasons since.  So... in the top 2%.  Shit ass?

On coaching a talent like Quinn-  I mean... he's coached Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez, Jake Locker, Matt Ryan.  If none of those QB's come close to that hurdle, how many coaches out there even qualify to know how to handle a talent like QE?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Card is a great example of a QB who looks great in practice but can't get it done vs actual competition. Dudes a gamer but he just doesn't have it and never will. I'd rather roll the dice with Quinn and see if the lights turn on than spin our wheels with more Card mediocrity.

I mean, I'd take these stats (while playing injured) for someone who "just doesn't have it and never will":

image.png.6075695a443a16b333b9d9f2409e41c0.png

The Tech loss wasn't exactly his fault.  His one INT (only INT of the year, BTW) didn't result in any points given up and 34 points would've been plenty if our D was playing like it is now.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Bwhahahaha!!! Look at this guy. Both guys have awful numbers throwing past 10 yards, while one guy has a higher overall completion percentage. What does that tell you Derka? It should tell that Card is throwing a shit ton more short passes than Ewers is. Then when you watch the game you should've recognized that Sark has Card out there in 11 personnel playing the quick game for the majority of his time. 11 personnel gives you more one on one matchups which helps a QB more easily read a defense. Harder to disguise coverage with 4 and 5 WRs. Then when QE is out there we are running more complicated plays out of 12 personnel, and even passing with Karic out there as an extra lineman. Sometimes we are only sending two receivers out in routes from a heavy run look. 

What that means is he trusts QE way more than Card and therefore allows him to throw downfield out of way more complicated sets and schemes. QE is attempting way more low percentage throws, which is why when we do spread it out with him, he looks so much more comfortable. 

Or it means he’s a fucking idiot killing his run game for the sake of preference when we’re executing better spreading things out

Edited by bigcigar
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

Or it means he’s a fucking idiot killing his run game for the sake of preference when we’re executing better spreading things out

22 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

I’ve got an idea. Why don’t we bring a bunch of heavies out so we can either run into a loaded box or throw into tight windows with 2 wrs and a qb with the yips.

Or I don't know....maybe bringing out more blockers gives you more options of gaps to run through. Since you know, the weakest part of our offensive line is our guard/center combo. We get negative penetration out of those gaps, which means all teams really need to do is run blitz the edges since we aren't busting any runs up the middle. Our best runs have been counters, pin and pull, OZ, and unbalanced. Anything getting our backs to the edges. When we tried to run out of 11 personnel vs Bama the result was 33 rushes for 79 yards. 

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

That tends to happen when you could have gone the entire game without throwing a pass and win by 40.

no, it tends to happen when your passing game has been massively struggling due to consistently inept quarterback play. teams with functioning offenses and adept QBs don't suddenly decide to run a middle school offense from the late 90's "because they can do that and still win." and especially not under steve sarkisian. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

no, it tends to happen when your passing game has been massively struggling due to consistently inept quarterback play. teams with functioning offenses and adept QBs don't suddenly decide to run a middle school offense from the late 90's "because they can." and especially not under steve sarkisian. 

It's literally like arguing to a brick wall with you. You know what football coaches, at least the good ones, do when they find out something is working? They keep doing it until you prove you can stop it.

How do you not understand that we literally could have ran the ball 50 consecutive times last Saturday and won by 40. I call an offense that runs for 400+ yards a "functioning" offense. If you want to call it something else, be my guest. And if it was a middle school offense, then the 6-win Kansas Jayhawks who have a pulse for the first time in a decade would have stopped it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

no, it tends to happen when your passing game has been massively struggling due to consistently inept quarterback play. teams with functioning offenses and adept QBs don't suddenly decide to run a middle school offense from the late 90's "because they can do that and still win." and especially not under steve sarkisian. 

Well, that’s certainly a way of saying you’re in denial of what was going on in the game. 

44 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

It's literally like arguing to a brick wall with you. You know what football coaches, at least the good ones, do when they find out something is working? They keep doing it until you prove you can stop it.

i'll repeat what i've already said to you: that game plan was designed and implemented before we ever took a snap against KU, specifically because of how poor quinn ewers is as a qb. we did not "stick with what was working", we scrapped the idea of featuring quinn ewers as a major part of our offense by design. 

but again i already told you that, not that anyone with a clue would have needed that explained to them. and you want to talk about "arguing with a brick wall" lol. 

51 minutes ago, Levi said:

Well, that’s certainly a way of saying you’re in denial of what was going on in the game. 

...says the man who's in denial about the fact that our qb is severely limited and is holding back the rest of the team, as opposed to the exact opposite of that, which is what so many of you somehow inexplicably still believe. 

Sark running a wildly stripped down version of his offense against KU in a season where we're 10-0 and about to play 9-1 Baylor = keeping everything close to the vest because you can get away with it.

Sark scrapping any semblance of running his own offense and instead running a wildly stripped down version of his offense in a late season game between 6-4 Texas and 6-4 KU with Sark in desperate need of a win with the fans grumbling about his job security = holy shit how is quinn ewers this bad, i can't believe we have to run this middle school offense but sadly that's where we're at so fuck it we got no choice. 

anyone who doesn't understand this is probably beyond being helped at this point. i really really hope that QE makes massive strides this offseason, and/or we get a great portal transfer, but as of today anyone who can't see the extreme limitations with QE at the helm is in extreme denial. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

...says the man who's in denial about the fact that our qb is severely limited and is holding back the rest of the team, as opposed to the exact opposite of that, which is what so many of you somehow inexplicably still believe. 

I don’t even know why I decided to interact with you. That’s my fault. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

I mean, I'd take these stats (while playing injured) for someone who "just doesn't have it and never will":

image.png.6075695a443a16b333b9d9f2409e41c0.png

The Tech loss wasn't exactly his fault.  His one INT (only INT of the year, BTW) didn't result in any points given up and 34 points would've been plenty if our D was playing like it is now.

But the INT occurred in Tech territory on a horrible read and throw and kept Texas from scoring more points.

Plus, it is very likely that Ewers will not be 100% healthy until the spring.

Edited by HtownHorn

14 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

But the INT occurred in Tech territory on a horrible read and throw and kept Texas from scoring more points.

Plus, it is very likely that Ewers will not be 100% healthy until the spring.

I mean, all of Quinn's 6 INTs kept Texas from scoring more points, too, because that's what INTs do.  Not to mention his 4 billion (rough estimate) 3 and outs.  Point was that Card is better than someone who "just doesn't have it and never will".  That was probably valid last year, but this year, he seemed to have better pocket awareness and protected the ball more.  Texas didn't need an all-star at QB this year...just a game manager who could distribute the ball to playmakers and not turn it over.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

I mean, all of Quinn's 6 INTs kept Texas from scoring more points, too, because that's what INTs do.  Not to mention his 4 billion (rough estimate) 3 and outs.  Point was that Card is better than someone who "just doesn't have it and never will".  That was probably valid last year, but this year, he seemed to have better pocket awareness and protected the ball more.  Texas didn't need an all-star at QB this year...just a game manager who could distribute the ball to playmakers and not turn it over.

The sack comparison between Card and Ewers is not even close, so I have no idea what you are talking about there. Both QBs are sub 50% throwing the ball down field 10 yards or more. So you have 2 QBs struggling to throw the ball down field and Card takes 3+ sacks to every 1 Ewers takes 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

The sack comparison between Card and Ewers is not even close, so I have no idea what you are talking about there. Both QBs are sub 50% throwing the ball down field 10 yards or more. 

If you would slow down and not be so defensive over any criticism of Ewers, you'd notice I was talking about Card's better pocket awareness and better ball protection from last year to this year.  That's why I said criticism of Card made sense last year, but not so much this year because he was playing better.  Also, if you do want to compare Card and Ewers sacks (which again, I didn't do), it's 8 vs. 4, and 2 of Card's sacks were late game action against ULM when he was playing with 2nd and 3rd string OL.

Edited by OU Sucks

Just when I thought our QB troubles might be finally over this year….  We now have people arguing which of our QB’s that both have under 50% completions on throws over ten yards is better.  If Ewers doesn’t turn it around next year or Arch ends up sucking too we are truly cursed at QB.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

If you would slow down and not be so defensive over any criticism of Ewers, you'd notice I was talking about Card's better pocket awareness and better ball protection from last year to this year.  That's why I said criticism of Card made sense last year, but not so much this year because he was playing better.  Also, if you do want to compare Card and Ewers sacks (which again, I didn't do), it's 8 vs. 4, and 2 of Card's sacks were late game action against ULM when he was playing with 2nd and 3rd string OL.

Card took a sack every 18 attempts this year. Ewers is taking every 58.3 attempts. That is really bad pocket presence. To be fair there is 1 game, where they both played. No need to compare different games and environments, when he have the Bama game. Card was sacked 3 times in 22 attempts vs Bama. Ewers 0 in 12 attempts. 

Edited by Codaxx

7 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Card took a sack every 18 attempts this year. Ewers is taking every 58.3 attempts. That is really bad pocket presence. To be fair there is 1 game, where they both played. No need to compare different games and environments, when he have the Bama game. Card was sacked 3 times in 22 attempts vs Bama. Ewers 0 in 12 attempts. 

Card takes to long to read and gets sacked or takes off running.  Ewers misses open reads and just throws it out of bounds with the sign of any pressure.  Is one option better then the other really in regards to this?  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2

I'm not reading all this bantering back and forth by a bunch of armchair football experts.  I just want to say that I like the the hell outta both Hudson and Quinn and feel that both are being pissed down the drain by egotistical, dumb ass coaches that don't allow either to play to their strengths.  It's nauseating really.

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Helobious said:

If you can win a game running the ball with ease down your opponents throat 50 times that’s exactly what you’re supposed to do. Throwing it would just be stupid.  Doesn’t matter who you have at QB.

DKR’s playbook.

”3 yards and a cloud of dust”

12 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Card took a sack every 18 attempts this year. Ewers is taking every 58.3 attempts. That is really bad pocket presence. To be fair there is 1 game, where they both played. Card was sacked 3 times in 22 attempts vs Bama. Ewers 0 in 12 attempts. 

Why are you trying to debate an argument I never made?  I literally said Card seemed better with pocket presence this year than last, and you keep wanting to turn it into a Card vs. Ewers debate.  Also, pocket presence isn't just about taking sacks.  Ewers would much rather throw the ball away or to the other team when under heavy pressure and Card is more likely to just take the sack or try to run out of it.  Trying to run out of it and taking a 1 yard loss still counts as a sack, but apparently that's the only metric that you care about.

Edited by OU Sucks

5 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

That tends to happen when you could have gone the entire game without throwing a pass and win by 40.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

How do you not understand that we literally could have ran the ball 50 consecutive times last Saturday and won by 40. I call an offense that runs for 400+ yards a "functioning" offense. If you want to call it something else, be my guest. And if it was a middle school offense, then the 6-win Kansas Jayhawks who have a pulse for the first time in a decade would have stopped it.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i'll repeat what i've already said to you: that game plan was designed and implemented before we ever took a snap against KU, specifically because of how poor quinn ewers is as a qb. we did not "stick with what was working", we scrapped the idea of featuring quinn ewers as a major part of our offense by design. 

but again i already told you that, not that anyone with a clue would have needed that explained to them. and you want to talk about "arguing with a brick wall" lol. 

Haahaha.... We came out chucking it, throwing 3 passes out of the first 5 plays. Then we saw they couldn't stop the run and did not really load the box. So we ran the shit out of the ball the rest of the game. That is the exact definition of "sticking with what was working". 

36 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Just when I thought our QB troubles might be finally over this year….  We now have people arguing which of our QB’s that both have under 50% completions on throws over ten yards is better.  If Ewers doesn’t turn it around next year or Arch ends up sucking too we are truly cursed at QB.  

The funny part is one day they will realize that both QBs struggling on throws over 10 yards are pretty much only throwing to one receiver past that distance, the same receiver, who nether QB can see to hit. If Arch was here this year I am pretty sure he would be struggling on throws over 10 yards too. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

Why are you trying to debate an argument I never made?  I literally said Card seemed better with pocket presence this year than last, and you keep wanting to turn it into a Card vs. Ewers debate.  Also, pocket presence isn't just about taking sacks.  Ewers would much rather throw the ball away or to the other team when under heavy pressure and Card is more likely to just take the sack or try to run out of it.  Trying to run out of it and taking a 1 yard loss still counts as a sack, but apparently that's the only metric that you care about.

I was showing that Card's pocket presence is not greatly improved, which you clearly noticed since you took offense at comparing 2 QBs behind the same line. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

We’re stuck in hell. Bad QB play just wasn’t even on my radar for this year. I just assumed, despite his youth, we were going to be able to bank on good (with flashes of great and flashes of WTF) QB play.

We just can’t have nice things for whatever reason.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

We’re stuck in hell. Bad QB play just wasn’t even on my radar for this year. I just assumed, despite his youth, we were going to be able to bank on good (with flashes of great and flashes of WTF) QB play.

Texas just doesnt have an offense, when the run game is stopped. Soon as teh run game is stopped the offense grinds to a halt. Hopefully next year Texas will have a QB capable of carrying the offense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Texas just doesnt have an offense, when the run game is stopped. Soon as teh run game is stopped the offense grinds to a halt. Hopefully next year Texas will have a QB capable of carrying the offense. 

It’s just hard for me to fathom we don’t have the horses to find something in the passing game that works when a team does what TCU did and sold out to stop the run…their LBs were just sprinting towards the LOS at the snap…we can’t engineer something to make them pay for that?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It’s just hard for me to fathom we don’t have the horses to find something in the passing game that works when a team does what TCU did and sold out to stop the run…their LBs were just sprinting towards the LOS at the snap…we can’t engineer something to make them pay for that?

Our coach doesn’t have it in his brain. 

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

1 quarter vs Bama is the only time a QB showed himself capable of carrying the team. It just is what it is at this point

I was showing that Card's pocket presence is not greatly improved, which you clearly noticed since you took offense at comparing 2 QBs behind the same line. 

I’m going to do this. I’m going to take out Cards sacks when not repping as the starting Qb versus when starting.

Backup practice reps: 4 sacks on 35 dropbacks.

Starting practice reps: 3 sacks on 124 dropbacks.

His completion percentage and NFL QB rating is higher than QE when blitzed and more significantly so when under pressure.

He is taking less time to throw and his metrics are better under pressure this year than last.

And I don’t have official numbers but no weird ass scrambles this year versus last.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, 40acredropout said:

Lol wtf are you talking about?  

Sark was objectively a really good college QB.  His 173.6 efficiency rating his senior season ranks 54th out of 2,636 qualifying QB seasons since.  So... in the top 2%.  Shit ass?

On coaching a talent like Quinn-  I mean... he's coached Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez, Jake Locker, Matt Ryan.  If none of those QB's come close to that hurdle, how many coaches out there even qualify to know how to handle a talent like QE?

Yeah, that doesn't make any fucking sense at all. And Sark also turned Mac Jones into a 1st round draft pick.

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

That's where I am on Ewers. It's one thing to struggle due to youth but the fact that he's not flashing at all in the last month is troubling. Is he still hurting? Is it mental? Is he just not that good? Is he not putting in the hours off the field? I don't know. But 2023 is dependent on him figuring this shit out because Card is transferring and Arch will almost certainly not be ready to play meaningful football for a team that wants to win 10+ games and contend for Big 12 title.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It's weird. We throw a good pass. Holding. We throw a bad pass. We get a procedure call. False start. Dropped pass. Pressure up the middle rushed throw. Pressure up the middle throwaway. When asked to pass our way up the field we almost always have a drive killing play or sometimes two. We have chances and the plays are largely solid calls. We just blow it. Let's look at a few series in the TCU second half for example. 

1st and 10 on the 30 backed up- We hand it off to Bijan. Majors and Hutson doubleteam the nose. Hutson needs to help establish the block and then move to the second level. He never comes off. The LB comes crashing in. Christian Jones recognizes it, peels off his man, and picks him up. The guy Jones WAS blocking just falls in the hole and Bijan has nowhere to go. 

2nd and 10- We try to run a screen with Sanders- The LB recognizes it. Banks is there and can pick him up but runs right by him and Sanders gets tackled for a loss of 3. Had Banks picked him up Sanders has one guy on that side to worry about AND a blocker out in front. It was a great call that we screwed up on. Youth and inexperience.

3rd and 13- Tough spot for a freshman QB. We drop back and TCU brings 5 and a spy(for Quinn Ewers Lol!). Pocket collapses and Quinn steps up and fires a pass to Worthy who is running a dig at the sticks. Would've been a tough catch but Worthy drops it. Punt

This is the Series right after the Sander PI

1st and 10- We try to get Bijan to the edge, but TCU is overplaying it, with 4 bodies there. There is a cutback lane where Bijan can at least get 3 tough yards but he doesn't see it. 

2nd and 10- We run a levels concept and Quinn drops it off to Billingsley underneath and he drops it. It would've only been 3 yards but 3 yards is 3 yards. 

3rd and 10- Now we are in trouble. We drop back and TCU brings 5. Majors is getting worked by his guy. Quinn sees it, steps up in the pocket, and tries to flip a little pass to Rojo. Horribly. Sanders breaks free on a crossing route pass the sticks. Not sure if he would've had time to get it to him but he was def open. 

If we get the 3 yards on 1st and 3/4 yards on second, now we have quick developing options we can use on a 3rd and 3. 

2nd and 3- This is the wheel route Quinn missed. Defender initially picks Bijan up but then falls and Bijan is wide open. Instead Quinn hits Sanders for a 1st. 

1st and goal same drive- Okay okay, we are still moving it. We run an RPO. TCU bites so Quinn pulls it. The DE quickly recognizes Bijan doesn't have the ball and redirects. Quinn has to get it out now or get sacked. He throws it and literally hits Whittington in the hands but he didn't see it. 

2nd and goal- We are running a screen with Sanders. Quinn has the ball knocked out on the fake to Bijan. Looks like we had something that would've worked but QE is holding the ball too loosely. 

3rd and goal- This ball is about 6 inches from where it is supposed to be. TCU gets a hand on it. 

4th and goal- Here is an example of trusting your players and not trying to play hero ball. It's 4th down and Quinn is likely thinking this ball has to go in the end zone. So he picks his highest leaper and throws a him or no one ball. TCU breaks it up. HOWEVER, Bijan is open at the 10 yard line. A more experienced QB would trust his all world RB to make a play. Get it to him and he likely makes it in the endzone. 

We had 3 legit chances on this drive to score. Missed read. Drop. Hero ball. 

So as I said at the beginning. When we try to lean on the pass we almost always have something negative happen. Looking back on these three series you can see we tried to throw a lot of screens and such we just didn't execute. The same thing was happening when we tried to run it. No one is making plays when plays need to be made. Our line play vs TCU was god awful. Someone was getting mauled on every play. It's frustrating to watch. 

Edited by Thatguy
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

At the 36 second mark of this video this is where I get misunderstood. I understand that this is a terrible effort by Quinn. We can all see that. Where I differ is the root cause. The amount of guys getting whipped on our line is staggering and Quinn hasn't really been able to settle down. Take Colt for example. Freshman Colt was a better decision maker behind VYs line than he was the next year as a sophomore behind a shitastic line. 

On the play at the 36 second mark Quinn can see yet again his center getting his ass whipped. That causes him to move in the pocket and now he is likely trying to hurry to get rid of it. An older, calmer, more experienced QB would still be able to make this throw despite Hutson's man looping back around from the other side. Quinn is a freshman. I don't think it's a coincidence that Quinn's play has gone down since opposing defenses figured out that we can't block from our guard and center spots. We can debate whether or not Card would've handled the pressure better, but bottom line if you want your QB to play well you have to quit allowing rushers to come free every other play. Both our QBs are getting rid of the ball extremely quickly. The reason for that is not necessarily a positive. 

Now before people come in saying "the pocket was fine", take a little closer look at it. TCU pushes the pocket 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Jake finishes 7 yards past the LOS. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I didn't take offense at comparing 2 QBs behind the same line....I took offense at you acting like I made a "Card has better pocket presence than Quinn" statement when I never did.  Read again, slowly:

Point was that Card is better than someone who "just doesn't have it and never will".  That was probably valid last year, but this year, he seemed to have better pocket awareness and protected the ball more.

Nowhere do I say "Card seems to have better pocket presence than Ewers".  And again, number of sacks isn't the sole determining factor of pocket presence, but since you want it to be, then he's improved since he got sacked once every 8.3 attempts last year, which is not good.  If you want to throw out random stats with no context, then:

Ewers: 1 INT per 38 attempts
Card: 1 INT per 108 attempts

Now Thatguy will post video clips of Ewers' picks and point out how they were all Worthy's fault [please don't do this, the last line was just a joke].

Edited by OU Sucks

I talked to an Ex today who knows Quinn's dad, Curtis. Word is, QE isn't getting coached up at all during games by Sark or anyone else. QE doesn't talk to anyone in the booth on the headset, either. If true, this is pretty disheartening. 

Isn't Sark supposed to be the "QB whisperer"? I mean, WTF?

27 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

I talked to an Ex today who knows Quinn's dad, Curtis. Word is, QE isn't getting coached up at all during games by Sark or anyone else. QE doesn't talk to anyone in the booth on the headset, either. If true, this is pretty disheartening. 

Isn't Sark supposed to be the "QB whisperer"? I mean, WTF?

Have you watched any games this season? Are you serious right now?

5415CC5B-089D-4C70-A82B-42FA4CD91D78.gif.7a05359a0ffa7f0b777901254b65463c.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Have you watched any games this season? Are you serious right now?

Well that’s what Quinn allegedly told his dad who allegedly to the ex boyfriend of some anonymous internet board asshole… so yeah… I think he’s pretty serious.  Seems legit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet