Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

15 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Tip, by using inclusive language you called out everybody.  If you had opened your post with "hey Hank Hill you fucking bitch Ewers fucking sucks, slink away" you wouldn't have drawn the ire of so many folks.  You tend to talk shit broadly, and yea you have a history so don't be surprised when you talk shit broadly and get it back....broadly.  

At least you make people passionate, you could be some dude here just posting tweets that nobody gives a fuck about.  Better to draw ire than apathy.  

You think Ewers sucks, we got it.  

i hear you, but here's the thing- i rarely ever start the shit talking or the personal insults. i always say, if you see me starting some shit then by all means call me out for it. but that rarely happens. 98% of the time it's me who is reacting to the shit talk, just like this thread:

me: QE isn't good as a QB

cadre of people who've disliked me for years: FUCK YOU DERKA, FUCKING RED SHIRTED ASS 

this site loves to say, "don't start none won't be none", except that they love to then turn around and start some with me...only to then freak out about my reaction, no matter what it is. i can see what you're saying here re: me not naming hank hill when he's the one i was referring to, so fair enough, point taken. still, it's cowardly BS to make it personal with me because of my sports opinion, only to then go, "omfg derka is ruining this thread! here we go again!!!" whenever i respond in kind. that's total bullshit.

Edited by shadow_operative

Quinn didn't even have a bad game. He made two really WTF plays. If he hits JT down the seam for 6, then it looks even better.

He showed more heart today, and even pushed a pile a bit. Not sure the team is responding to him much right now, we'll see how the offseason goes.

• Hook 'Em 7

For me the fact that Sark has to completely gameplan around Ewers is just crazy. Ewers has the tools/talent but it really seems like he is off mentally.

Need to get him some counseling in order to get his headspace right.  Next year Texas probably won't have the RB to just hand off 16 straight times in order to close out a game. Texas will need to count on him to win games for them and right now he is a net liability.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

For me the fact that Sark has to completely gameplan around Ewers is just crazy. Ewers has the tools/talent but it really seems like he is off mentally.

Need to get him some counseling in order to get his headspace right.  Next year Texas probably won't have the RB to just hand off 16 straight times in order to close out a game. Texas will need to count on him to win games for them and right now he is a net liability.

This is it for me. If Baylor was able to stop the run we'd be fucked proper. There's something going on with Quinn especially on blitzes. He either doesn't see an open man or our receivers aren't getting open. We've seen plenty of opportunities for him to move the chains and he makes bone-headed throws or takes a sack. I'm pretty sure he'll come around but the last half of the season has been a beating to watch wrt him. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

i honestly don't know what point you're trying to make, but if your point is that people go out of their way to freak out about every post i make then i 100% agree. because as you just said, i haven't said or done anything in this thread that hasn't been said or done by plenty of other people- my posts just get a different reaction from the peanut gallery.

so if it was already said, then why say it?  

7 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I don’t know, more experienced OL with Brooks, Blue and Baxter. Hopefully Quinn benefits from being thrown in the fire this year. May be wishcasting but I see great things in 2023

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I think he just needs more time and another WR to make the offense click and a step-up in protection.   It seemed like they used a better game plan to feature the backs again (same as KU plan).  If we can pick up Stewart, get Worthy and Neyor back next season will be incredible with Sanders out there as well.    Kool-aid be flowing!

• Hook 'Em 4

57 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Counseling my fucking ass!  In a couple of years he'll be beating the fuck outta us as TCU's QB!  Lay off the guy or that's what will happen.

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He was 12-16 for 200 yards and made 1 bad throw all game, while his protection was shit. Criticize him if you want for the grounding but three guys were in the backfield literally before a One Mississippi count was made. The strip sack TO needs to be thrown out of bounds or eaten, but that was also shit protection. Getting mad at the Oline for false starting 3 plays in a row (4th down and 2 and then the first two plays of the next possession) was human reaction to an absurd turn of events. He played winning ish football today. He played really well against Bama and OU, he was ok against ULM and Baylor, he was a non factor but didn’t hurt us against Kansas, he was fine against KSU. He shit the bed throughly and completely against TCU and Boone Pickens State. He’s basically the equivalent to a true freshman that got a spring under his belt because he graduated early- exactly the timeline Arch will be on. 

He needs to get a lot better over the off-season. He has the tools to do it. If he does we will be awesome (provided we fill some holes in the portal which we should) and If he doesn’t the Arch experience will likely start a little earlier than we planned. It’s few and far between when a True (ish) freshman plays championship quality football from the word  go. 

He should be fine. Anyone saying he can’t be the guy after this year either knows the future or has way more certainty than they ought to have. 

Complete and utter busts by the O-line. On the strip sack it was everything Andrej could do to touch his man's jersey. Ewers has to get rid of the ball faster, but shit, when you don't even slow a guy down. 

Outside of that Ewers was fine. He is the kind of QB you have to protect. Arch is too. Neither guy is going to save you when your O-line forgets to block guys. 

• Hook 'Em 8

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Complete and utter busts by the O-line. On the strip sack it was everything Andrej could do to touch his man's jersey. Ewers has to get rid of the ball faster, but shit, when you don't even slow a guy down. 

Outside of that Ewers was fine. He is the kind of QB you have to protect. Arch is too. Neither guy is going to save you when your O-line forgets to block guys. 

This. Ewers didn't respond to the pressure well. But it was pretty fucking ridiculous o-line screw ups that a lot of QBs would struggle with handling. 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

My biggest pet peeve from him for the year was all the times he missed downfield when he was protected. He gets the ball out quickly and makes decisions on time, so he can deal with poor offensive line play but yeah- when it’s LOL bad he’s not going to take off and make something out of nothing like you’d love to see in a perfect world. 

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

My biggest pet peeve from him for the year was all the times he missed downfield when he was protected. He gets the ball out quickly and makes decisions on time, so he can deal with poor offensive line play but yeah- when it’s LOL bad he’s not going to take off and make something out of nothing like you’d love to see in a perfect world. 

He did surprise me with a TD run.  It looks like he is getting a little more comfortable with trying to run a little.  

Edited by Nivek
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That's been my thing about the criticism. Two areas Ewers consistently sucks. Throwing anything past 10 yards to Worthy. Escaping/evading/ quick pressure. If you protect him and he isn't trying to get the ball to Worthy past 10 yards he has been fine. I am not sure people realize how bad our line has been in pass pro recently but sheesh. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

This. Ewers didn't respond to the pressure well. But it was pretty fucking ridiculous o-line screw ups that a lot of QBs would struggle with handling. 

All of the sacks/big pressures were untouched blitzers IIRC.  Not a mere blitz, but someone coming in downhill and unblocked.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

I wasn't thrilled with the strip/fumble but it happened fast.

The thing that pissed me off the most, and clearly pissed off Sark, was the weakass grounding pass.  I mean, it's not hard to recognize when you need to heave it OB, not just flutter it out there.  He has the arm strength.  Put it somewhere OB where they can't obviously say there is no receiver in the vicinity.

The high heat on a clear TD was annoying, but understandable.  He just got a little jacked up.  That's a forgivable sin.

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He was 12-16 for 200 yards and made 1 bad throw all game, while his protection was shit. Criticize him if you want for the grounding but three guys were in the backfield literally before a One Mississippi count was made. The strip sack TO needs to be thrown out of bounds or eaten, but that was also shit protection. Getting mad at the Oline for false starting 3 plays in a row (4th down and 2 and then the first two plays of the next possession) was human reaction to an absurd turn of events. He played winning ish football today. He played really well against Bama and OU, he was ok against ULM and Baylor, he was a non factor but didn’t hurt us against Kansas, he was fine against KSU. He shit the bed throughly and completely against TCU and Boone Pickens State. He’s basically the equivalent to a true freshman that got a spring under his belt because he graduated early- exactly the timeline Arch will be on. 

He needs to get a lot better over the off-season. He has the tools to do it. If he does we will be awesome (provided we fill some holes in the portal which we should) and If he doesn’t the Arch experience will likely start a little earlier than we planned. It’s few and far between when a True (ish) freshman plays championship quality football from the word  go. 

He should be fine. Anyone saying he can’t be the guy after this year either knows the future or has way more certainty than they ought to have. 

Quinn’s upside/potential as a freshman should have fans feeling optimistic despite everything that has gone shitty since his breakout showing v. OU. His setbacks/regression and the timing of his injury coupled with Sark’s stubborn-as-mule-schlong play calling v. Ok St. and TCU add up to a lot of frustration. No doubt. But if anyone is ready to throw this kid to the scrap heap already, I disagree. He can be taught, groomed and he can improve. The state of the QB room will not be a panic situation in 2023. The O line is maturing fast. Young talent wants to be here. 

we might find out he has a hand injury or something lingering from the injury earlier this season. Who knows?

• Hook 'Em 1

You stupid fucks.   Quinn had to deal with at least three complete busts in blocking and fucked up on one of them.  He will be fine. The line will get much better and Quinn will benefit from a full off season with his receivers.    Comparing him to Brady with over 20 seasons of play is a joke and you should feel shame.  Get your head out of your ass.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I wasn't thrilled with the strip/fumble but it happened fast.

The thing that pissed me off the most, and clearly pissed off Sark, was the weakass grounding pass.  I mean, it's not hard to recognize when you need to heave it OB, not just flutter it out there.  He has the arm strength.  Put it somewhere OB where they can't obviously say there is no receiver in the vicinity.

The high heat on a clear TD was annoying, but understandable.  He just got a little jacked up.  That's a forgivable sin.

Sark was pissed, because Ewers didn’t recognize the blitz. #1 option was to the right. His hot route was to the left. He never looked left and gave himself no chance to make a play 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

You stupid fucks.   Quinn had to deal with at least three complete busts in blocking and fucked up on one of them.  He will be fine. The line will get much better and Quinn will benefit from a full off season with his receivers.    Comparing him to Brady with over 20 seasons of play is a joke and you should feel shame.  Get your head out of your ass.  

Thanks Ewers' dad.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Sark was pissed, because Ewers didn’t recognize the blitz. #1 option was to the right. His hot route was to the left. He never looked left and gave himself no chance to make a play 

Of course he didn't recognize it because we had the numbers to deal with it. Not sure what Rojo was looking at but he didn't block anyone when he was supposed to take the edge. Fair to Rojo, he sure as shit made up for it later. Hookem

8 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Of course he didn't recognize it because we had the numbers to deal with it. Not sure what Rojo was looking at but he didn't block anyone when he was supposed to take the edge. Fair to Rojo, he sure as shit made up for it later. Hookem

Different plays. I am talking about the safety. You are talking about the fumble. Yes, Texas kept in 7 on the fumble play. Karic got whipped on that play 

The grounding call was in his mind during the strip sack. They were trying to set up a double move to Worthy after all the little quick passes and the corner didn’t bite. Ewers should have just launched it 5 feet over his head and lived to see another day but he probably didn’t want to get another grounding call and he also had taken a bunch of sacks at that point and probably didn’t want to take another one.

• Hook 'Em 1

Damn y’all are way more optimistic on Ewers than I am.

I think he is mindfucked, and beyond that, simply a bad, bad quarterback. Terrible decisions. Terrible mechanics. Not a leader. Deer in the headlights. So bad that we have to actually not use the QB position for anything but handing off to our badass RB room.

He will shit his pants in Tuscaloosa next year.

Edited by Ghost of Shag

I’ll be surprised if the guy doesn’t have a decent to good bowl game. We’ll be in an indoor stadium or a place with nice weather so he won’t have to worry about wind, cold, rain or whatever. 15 practices will obviously be valuable. He’ll have a gameplan/script he’ll be able to rep for weeks.

I think I speak for most people on here by saying that a strong bowl game will go a long way in helping springboard him into 2023. 

As talented as Arch is and as mentally ready as he probably is, it is in the best interest of this program that the freshman QB carousel stop. Obviously if things get to a certain point with Ewers next year you may not have a choice, but we shouldn’t be hoping for that.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

His attitude wasn’t that outrageous today.  Probably not ideal, but it doesn’t ultimately matter as long as he performs (which is the real problem).  Tom Brady, Troy Aikman and Dan Marino bitched constantly at everything that moves on a football field, including the refs and their own teammates.  They probably bitched out a kid that runs out and gets the tee after kickoffs at some point, too.

The problem is that he had what was statistically one of his best games, and it still resulted in us having to hand off every down because we’re scared shitless to let him pass.  Just because we have great RBs and Sark could use a little more “Run the damn ball!” sentiment in his usual playcalling doesn’t change the fact that this wasn’t the plan.  It was us having to handcuff ourselves because we don’t trust our QB.

Ewers has more arm talent than Manning.  Manning wants to redshirt.  Playing a true freshman at QB isn’t great even if he is Arch Manning.  That’s all well and good.  I’d still be surprised if Arch isn’t the starter by the end of next season.  Ewers may be two years ahead of Arch, but I don’t think he’s ever going to be in a position where he’s more advanced and plays like the veteran as compared to Arch.  

I mean, I don’t really know, but going back to high school it seems like there is a pretty consistent and stark difference in things like decision making, maturity, work ethic, etc.  Ryan Leaf had a bigger arm than Peyton, too.

There's also the Malik aspect.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Can’t wait for derka to claim he didn’t hate Quinn and didn’t say he was bad just like he did for Sam. Lmao. 

i don't hate either guy and have never rooted against either one. i don't get my emotions wrapped up in these kids the way so many of y'all do. it's the same reason that so many of you equate being critical of someone with hating him- because that's how you operate. you can't even conceive that someone could be critical of a player while still rooting for him and hoping he improves.

if you actually look at both this thread and the sam one you'll see that i've never gone and bumped either thread whenever one of these guys had a bad day to gloat about how much he sucks. again- im not nearly invested enough to do that (meanwhile i cannot count how many times my name gets brought up one whenever one of them does well). all i generally do is respond to other people's posts, and post my own thoughts and feelings honestly. only my thoughts and feelings hurt your feelings, so you spaz about it and make it out to be something that it's not.

and i never said that sam was bad. i said that he was erratic and that all of you overrated him, which remains 100% true. quinn is bad. quinn is straight up no good at playing QB at the level that's demanded by Texas. other than arm talent, he's a 1* prospect across the board, and he needs a metric shit ton of improvement before he becomes good enough to lead this team. he's the worst starter on the team, and if he weren't a former 5*, #1 overall, 1.000 recruit then this entire board would be lighting their hair on fire trying to figure out why he wasn't benched a month ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Damn y’all are way more optimistic on Ewers than I am.

I think he is mindfucked, and beyond that, simply a bad, bad quarterback. Terrible decisions. Terrible mechanics. Not a leader. Deer in the headlights. So bad that we have to actually not use the QB position for anything but handing off to our badass RB room.

He will shit his pants in Tuscaloosa next year.

This seems like one of those posts that will get bumped several times next year to highlight what a terrible post it is.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ll be surprised if the guy doesn’t have a decent to good bowl game. We’ll be in an indoor stadium or a place with nice weather so he won’t have to worry about wind, cold, rain or whatever. 15 practices will obviously be valuable. He’ll have a gameplan/script he’ll be able to rep for weeks.

I think I speak for most people on here by saying that a strong bowl game will go a long way in helping springboard him into 2023. 

As talented as Arch is and as mentally ready as he probably is, it is in the best interest of this program that the freshman QB carousel stop. Obviously if things get to a certain point with Ewers next year you may not have a choice, but we shouldn’t be hoping for that.

It doesn’t take much to appear sane and intelligent in this shithole of a thread that’s been inhabited by dickless mouth breathers …but this is an example
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet