Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

When GDGG was our quarterback I don't ever remember thinking "he's gonna cost us the game" when he was under center. I certainly felt like he couldn't win us the game but never that he was a 12th man for the other team. Quinn scares the fuck out of me every drive. It really feels like he's playing to lose the fucking game.

9 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

When GDGG was our quarterback I don't ever remember thinking "he's gonna cost us the game" when he was under center. I certainly felt like he couldn't win us the game but never that he was a 12th man for the other team. Quinn scares the fuck out of me every drive. It really feels like he's playing to lose the fucking game.

As bad as Ewers has been, Gilbert threw 3 times as many interceptions:l. I envy your ability to block that out.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

The 30 for 30 about him point shaving is going to be great

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Revolution512 said:

Maybe it’s just me….ball placement is terrific today. The fire and frustration I’m happy to see. Don’t show up your teammates but give me passion. 

This has to be schtick, right?  The dude pouted and pointed fingers.

That is NOT "fire".  Not even close.

12 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

This is my favorite. When people complain about a player not showing emotion and then turn around and consoling when they do show emotion.

Peak surly. It’s football. There’s passion in the heat of the moment. Get over it.

Yep. Just call your shot, say you think he sucks and keep it moving. 

I understand what I’m watching which is why I’m hoping as Sark said last week in a presser there will be competition in the spring. I’ve nothing against Ewers. If he lives up to the unimaginable hype that would be fanfuckingtastic! Will be there for it. We are going to need solid play from that position (at least consistent) because losing Rojo and Bijan next year. We didn’t even use those two to their full potential this year so there will be a lot more pressure on others to step it up! That’s just the reality. He’ll have played a year in the system. So I am expecting him to grind it or be beat out. That’s my reality. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm no Ewwers apologist, but the fact that fat miserable fuck Ketch is suggesting Card Should Starts should give the rest of y'all who are saying that pause.

As bad as some of Ewers' mistakes were today, y'all forgot how much worse Card is, and he's likely still injured and can't run, either.

Next year, there'll be some real competition, and the position will improve.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

As bad as some of Ewers' mistakes were today, y'all forgot how much worse Card is, and he's likely still injured and can't run, either.

Im not suggesting Card should start, but you’re conflating last season with this season. Ewers has absolutely been worse over the second half of the season than what Card showed in his 3 starts. Just look at the numbers.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

My 12 yo son chants “please run the ball” a couple times before every offensive snap because more often than not, Quinn throws an incompletion, turns it over or takes a sack. 

• Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

This is my favorite. When people complain about a player not showing emotion and then turn around and complain when they do show emotion.

Peak surly. It’s football. There’s passion in the heat of the moment. Get over it.

Emotion?  Yeah, I guess pouting and pointing fingers is emotion.

Gotta give you that.

Your attempt to re-imagine my post has been denied, however.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

Emotion?  Yeah, I guess pouting and pointing fingers is emotion.

Gotta give you that.

That was stupid by the announcers. First of all, nobody knows if Quinn was pissed he threw the ball high or that it went through Sanders’ hands. You only say something like that, if you are looking for it. As for putting your hands on your helmet after 2 straight false starts, big fucking deal. Brady would have put his foot in Conner’s ass

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I don’t think people know what front-runner means.

front run·ner
/frənt ˈrənər/

noun

1. the contestant that is leading in a race or other competition.
    • an athlete or horse that runs best when in the front of the field.
Edited by Cajun

Just now, Codaxx said:

That was stupid by the announcers. First of all, nobody knows if Quinn was pissed he threw the ball high or that it went through Sanders’ hands. You only say something like that, if you are looking for it. As for putting your hands on your helmet after 2 straight false starts, big fucking deal. Brady would have put his foot in Conner’s ass

Brady also doesn't fucking miss.

As a leader, your play does more than any yelling or hand clapping bullshit. 

Best thing I saw was him running up to help Bijan up after the 25th consecutive hand off. 

6 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Who said that's all I was referencing?  Talk about "if you are looking for it".

I've watched week after week of quit in the kid.  Not sure what you're watching

Edited by Cajun
And, yes, his protection does suck balls too.

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

Brady also doesn't fucking miss.

As a leader, your play does more than any yelling or hand clapping bullshit. 

Best thing I saw was him running up to help Bijan up after the 25th consecutive hand off. 

Brady is my favorite player and the GOAT but lets be fair.  He misses plenty.  He also is good for 1-2 WTF passes a game that usually lead to a pick.  He makes up for it of course but even the best screws up.  Brady always looked horrible when his O line sucked something I think Ewers is dealing with also.  Ewers messed up plenty so it’s not all on his line but some of his worst plays were when he got jailbreak pressure on him within like a second.  Maybe that is on him to read the D pre snap and know where the blitz is coming from and have a check down but some of those bad plays were not all on him.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

He played better today than anytime since OU and made some nice throws downfield to Sanders and JWhitt.  Protection was trash 

He was also still good for too many brain dead plays to be a useful qb. I’d hate him more, but we have an offense full of other players that go brain dead. Kind of makes you wonder about the coaching.

I was laughing hard as the ESPN pussy sideline guy was bitching about Ewers’ body language. What a joke that guy is. The same guy jumping offsides back to back then Whitt fumbling a big throw that would’ve been first down. Yeah I’d be pissed too. Ewers could be a little better with his some of his emotions today, maybe save it for when y’all get back to the bench. I think if it was that big of a deal though, Rojo would have lit his ass up real quick. Ewers has a lot of maturing to do this offseason, and I’m willing to see how he can grow to become better. He’s too talented. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

there's no argument to be made that quinn ewers is even a competent QB, and yet some of his supporters are still in here arguing and talking shit. THAT is peak surly. buncha homer sunshine pumpers who have no idea what they're watching just run their mouths and talk shit all season to anyone who points out how poor ewers has been, and now that we're behind the point of even being able to defend him, instead of just quietly slinking away and hoping the rest of us forget your earlier posts you all are still in here running your mouths, talking shit, and arguing. it's amazing.

• Haha 1

let's talk about the defensive TD for Baylor, because that play is an indictment on what's going between quinn ewers' ears. we line up to run a play where the design is a pump fake in the WR screen to Worthy, and then we look for the deep ball assuming the DB bites. Quinn walks up to the line, sees the DB lined up 10 goddamn yards off the line, and it doesn't even occur to him that they are in the perfect defense for what we are about to run, and that with a slight audible, or even just literal eye contact with Worthy, that we can change this play to a quick throw that will generate 5-6 yards minimum. 

nope. he just snaps the ball, goes through the motions of doing the pump fake, then stares down his one and only read (because he can't handle anything more complex), and then when that read isn't there (but who could have foreseen that?!?!?) he spazzes and scores for Baylor for the second time today.

meanwhile Hank Hill is still in here talking shit, this Hookem1234 guy is mischaracterizing what people say, and ThatGuy is no doubt locked in his lab somewhere preparing loads of film, photos, and interminable essays about how xavier worthy is at fault there. shit is stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet