Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

49 minutes ago, ATexanAbroad said:

Imagine actually giving a fuck about pro football and then having Dallas as your team.

Said they regarded fucktard attempting humorless trolls on a pro-football thread.   

Imagine talking shit about reading when being illiterate.   

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 12:44 PM, Texzilla58 said:

This is just pure stupidity. It proves he hasn’t a clue what to do. It’s like Garrett forgetting about Felix Jones for entire games because he enjoyed watching Marion Barber selfinflict CTE on himself with 30 Carrie’s a game. At the same time It’s also on Dak to know his weapons and change his progressions. This team is too stupid to win anything of consequence.

Or…. Gallup has largely sucked this year, generating little separation and often running wrong routes.  But that couldn’t be it, could it?  I sympathize somewhat, they gave him a big contract and probably rushed his recovery but there’s no doubt, he just doesn’t have the same consistent burst.  Hopefully next year….

• Like 1

Dak owns the Eagles for the most part. He has most of his career. That's why it sucked dorky ass Rush having to play against them in the first one. This Eagles defense can be had. Hell we scored 40 and had to settle for 3 too many times. Overcame the pick 6 early and a few 2 score deficits.

Defense is a huge concern Minshit drive up and down the field on them. The turnovers were cool but can we rely on that many consistenty? Nope. So many wide open receivers and TEs. Especially 3rd down.

But Dak sucks. Scoring 40 against the #1 team in the NFL is so bad.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Did that spare get his quota of one win this year before fizzling out and coming down to earth?

spare?  excuse you, vic.  he’s the starting quarterback in the #1 media market on planet earth.  he is out right now with broken ribs, but he’s the starter.  he will start when he has healed. 

Dak owns the Eagles for the most part. He has most of his career. That's why it sucked dorky ass Rush having to play against them in the first one. This Eagles defense can be had. Hell we scored 40 and had to settle for 3 too many times. Overcame the pick 6 early and a few 2 score deficits.

Defense is a huge concern Minshit drive up and down the field on them. The turnovers were cool but can we rely on that many consistenty? Nope. So many wide open receivers and TEs. Especially 3rd down.

But Dak sucks. Scoring 40 against the #1 team in the NFL is so bad.

This is a hard game to evaluate. Bottom line, it is good to beat the eagles, and dak played very well against a very good defense. But there are a number of questions that aren’t clear:

(1) we definitely got lucky with the biadez fumble recovery and the 3rd and 30. And by winning the TO battle.

(2) the eagles were missing hurts who is their leader, minshew played very well though, so it isn’t clear how much better the eagles offense would have been with hurts vs minshew, but likely somewhat better.

(3) did the run game really help us win? It sure felt like it was being aggressive in the passing game that added to our win.

Here’s to hoping for a rematch in the nfc championship. Also, I don’t like their prick coach.

So Dak took off running several times yesterday. We likely wouldn't have won without those. They came at critical times. Especially liked the keeper around the left side near the Eagles twenty yard line. Hopefully he and wonderboy won't forget about this facet of the offense. There's been a tendency to only use his running ability when they're trailing. Would like to see it used to extend leads as we head into the playoffs.

Here's 16 minutes of Hi-res highlights from yesterday. Youtube

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Frankly this game was pretty much a reverse mirror image of game in Philly.

They were at home. We had our backup QB. We turned the ball over three times but were in it late etc.

Except they got out to a very big lead in the first one and a 10 pt lead in this one. 

Minshew is a better thrower than Hurts but Hurts is the better runner. They would have run the ball even better if Hurts was in there but probably not thrown it as well, but Hurts hasn't thrown the picks that Minshew threw today. 

The biggest difference between this and the first game was Dak torched that defense. If he can do that then it puts Hurts in a position he hasn't been in this season where he has to put points up, bur the game would likely have fewer possessions if he doesn't throw the picks and they run it a lot more. 

• Like 1

Seems like with that win the Cowboys are pretty much locked into the 5th seed.  Looking at records don't believe they can fall below Giants, Commanders, Seahawks, Packers, Lions etc at this point.  Obviously they could catch Philly, but them dropping 3 in a row with it being the Saints and Giants to close out coming off the Dallas loss seems a long shot at best.  I guess with a Thursday night game you won't know what Philly has done but there is a bit of chicken to be played here.  11 clearly needs a blow.  He's been dinged up and he's playing A LOT of snaps based on filling LB spot.  Tyron is back, but you know maybe give the old man a break if you can....at this point he's a snap to snap kind of guy and never know when it is going to happen again.  Probably a few others that could use a bit of a rest.  

I don't think you CAN do stuff like that until you know for sure, and I'm certainly not in favor of resting all the starters (always seems to backfire) but would be nice to get a few guys some strategic rest and let em heal up a bit if they can.  

15 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Seems like with that win the Cowboys are pretty much locked into the 5th seed.  Looking at records don't believe they can fall below Giants, Commanders, Seahawks, Packers, Lions etc at this point.  Obviously they could catch Philly, but them dropping 3 in a row with it being the Saints and Giants to close out coming off the Dallas loss seems a long shot at best.  I guess with a Thursday night game you won't know what Philly has done but there is a bit of chicken to be played here.  11 clearly needs a blow.  He's been dinged up and he's playing A LOT of snaps based on filling LB spot.  Tyron is back, but you know maybe give the old man a break if you can....at this point he's a snap to snap kind of guy and never know when it is going to happen again.  Probably a few others that could use a bit of a rest.  

I don't think you CAN do stuff like that until you know for sure, and I'm certainly not in favor of resting all the starters (always seems to backfire) but would be nice to get a few guys some strategic rest and let em heal up a bit if they can.  

Titans with Malik Willis should be a win, even resting some key people. He is god awful at passing but can be dangerous with his legs. I see him as a lesser version of Justin Fields, who moved up and down the field on us. And I think the Titans can have success with their ground game. Expect a ton of Derrick Henry Thu night and some bootleg, short passing and QB runs. Either way, we should be favored to win..

But the Eagles even with Minshew will be better than the Saints and Giants. I can't see them losing both of those games. 

I really don't know who wins the South at this point. Panthers and Bucs are neck and neck. Hell, the Saints are still there. We will have about 6-7 wins more than any of those teams when we face them on the road wild card round.

Dallas at worst, has secured 5th playoff seed which is the highest wildcard seed.  If Cowboys don't win NFC East, they will go on the road against the NFC South division winner which is most likely TOMPA BAY...  

"Should Tennessee Titans rest starters vs Dallas Cowboys or look for way to win? It matters."

Story by Nick Suss, Nashville Tennessean  56m ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/should-tennessee-titans-rest-starters-vs-dallas-cowboys-or-look-for-way-to-win-it-matters/ar-AA15EBjb

15 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

This is a hard game to evaluate. Bottom line, it is good to beat the eagles, and dak played very well against a very good defense. But there are a number of questions that aren’t clear:

(1) we definitely got lucky with the biadez fumble recovery and the 3rd and 30. And by winning the TO battle.

(2) the eagles were missing hurts who is their leader, minshew played very well though, so it isn’t clear how much better the eagles offense would have been with hurts vs minshew, but likely somewhat better.

(3) did the run game really help us win? It sure felt like it was being aggressive in the passing game that added to our win.

Here’s to hoping for a rematch in the nfc championship. Also, I don’t like their prick coach.

The Eagles rolled out backups at QB, RT, Safety, nose tackle, they turn it over 4 times and we still barely beat them. Not a great game IMO and not confidence inspiring for a run in the playoffs. We look like a one-and-done.

26 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Anyone else noticed that the Cowboys next game (Tenn) is 7:15 Thurdsay night? Longhorns kick off at 8pm. 

The game is pretty much meaningless for both teams. Last chance to watch the Longhorns until September and the Cowboys will play a week and a few days later in another meaningless game before they go on the road to start the playoffs. 

Just watch the first 45 min of Cowboys then switch over. 

Edited by Hermanator

The Eagles rolled out backups at QB, RT, Safety, nose tackle, they turn it over 4 times and we still barely beat them. Not a great game IMO and not confidence inspiring for a run in the playoffs. We look like a one-and-done.

We are going to play the winner of the putrid NFC South, likely the Bucs. Heads need to roll if we don’t win the wild card game.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hate said:

Who gives a shit if they win a wild card game? Who gives a shit if they don't at least make it to the Super Bowl?

I'm not gonna lie. Making an NFC Championship game for the first time since I was in the third grade would make me happy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Hermanator said:

The game is pretty much meaningless for both teams. Last chance to watch the Longhorns until September and the Cowboys will play a week and a few days later in another meaningless game before they go on the road to start the playoffs. 

Just watch the first 45 min of Cowboys then switch over. 

I'm thinking two open browser windows, side by side on a big screen tv, streaming both. Could play one on another laptop. Kind of reminds me of the old days before the NFL merger, we'd bring a portable TV into the living room when the Dallas Texans (aka KC Chiefs) or the Oilers and the Cowboys were playing at the same time. Damn...

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

10 hours ago, Hate said:

Who gives a shit if they win a wild card game? Who gives a shit if they don't at least make it to the Super Bowl?

I don't pay much attention to the Cowboys anymore, but WTF? 

Some of my favorite Cowboys memories were from regular season games or were wins in years they didn't win the Super Bowl. 

The 1972 Divisional playoff when Staubach beat the 49ers with 2 TD passes in the last 90 seconds. Dallas 30, SF 28.

The 1979 final season game, where the Cowboys came back from being down by 13 in the 4th quarter to clinch a division championship and put the Redskins out of the playoffs. Dallas 35, Washington 34.

In a terrible season in 1974, Clint Longley came back from 13 points down on Thanksgiving to beat the Redskins. Dallas 24, Washington 23.

Are you a fan, or do you just want to fast forward to the end of the season and thump your chest?

This was a good win against a good team, and it was a nail biter. Enjoy it. 

I can't make myself root for Dallas anymore, because it makes me sick to see Jerry Jones strutting around after a win. 

But if you're still a Cowboys fan, enjoy the hell out of this victory. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hate said:

This is why it's fun to be a mostly casual Cowboys fan. I grew up hating the Cowboys. I was an Oilers fan. In hindsight, I was wrong to hate the Cowboys what with Texas Ex Tom Landry, etc. But it is what it is. Moved to Dallas in 1998 and was in the sports media business for nearly 10 years. I never covered the Cowboys on a regular basis but helped cover a game or two here and there. I became a bigger fan when Parcells showed up and became a full-fledged fan when Romo took the starting QB job and I moved on from covering sports for a living.

Since then, I watch every game and root for the Cowboys to break through. It still hasn't happened but I'm still here. My weekend is not ruined if they lose and I can laugh at them from to time to time without it being too painful. For all his travails and hubris, I find Jerry Jones a very likable person. Dude is charming as fuck. But he's not nearly as smart as he thinks he is when it comes to FB matters.

At any rate, as beat up as this defense is, I'll be pleased with an appearance on the second weekend of NFL playoffs. At that point, who knows what can happen. I'm not really scared of anybody in the NFC other than Philly or SF, even with our injuries. I don't expect too much -- except maybe a crucial Dak INT at the wrong time to cost us a playoff game. At the end of the day, I enjoy the journey, not the destination. Bring on the NFL Playoffs -- love this time of year!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1