Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

6 hours ago, kevwun said:

The amazon stream is absolute shit.  How does a company who powers a huge chunk of the cloud suck so bad at this?

There needs to be a federal law that all football games have to be broadcast on a television network. They can be streaming too but not only streaming. 

worst case scenario with Giants clinching spot...they'll rest a ton of starters and Philly will win easily
Same thing I was thinking. Giants have zero to play for next week and Philly has everything to play for.

Makes those losses against GB and Jax even worse. Just win even one of those and we are sitting in the 1 seed right now with it in our hands.
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Same thing I was thinking. Giants have zero to play for next week and Philly has everything to play for.

Makes those losses against GB and Jax even worse. Just win even one of those and we are sitting in the 1 seed right now with it in our hands.

and we get to play Tompa Bay...

• Like 1

Also very concerning how good we made Mineshew look. He was a cool story at one point but he's not a good QB. We made him look like Brady in his prime last week. Saints made him look like his true self.

Absolutely no way we go anywhere in the playoffs if the defense can't pitch in.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Also very concerning how good we made Mineshew look. He was a cool story at one point but he's not a good QB. We made him look like Brady in his prime last week. Saints made him look like his true self.

Absolutely no way we go anywhere in the playoffs if the defense can't pitch in.

Minshew is probably the best backup in the league. He’s flat out a good QB that did not cost Philly the game today. 

But our defense is terrible lately. Micah has regressed. 

I don’t like that the Giants clinched. But Philly and Vikes dropping a game is huge. We’ve got a shot next week. I bet the Giants play a half of straight up ball and if in the game at half, 3 quarters. 

Only the second time in my life since I started watching as a little kid that I missed a Cowboys game, either on live TV or in person. I was at the Alamo Bowl and it wasn't on any of the TVs in the media section, because fucking shitass Prime and I guess out of the home zone. Tried to get it on the phone by various means, but wasn't going to sign up for shitty prime just to catch bits and pieces and have my phone taken over by that bullshit. 

Fuck you, Goodell.

Well I’m not one to think daboll lays down next week. They missed the playoffs last year because the eagles didn’t even try. They may want to screw them.

Also a chance for 10 wins and going into the playoffs hot? We just won’t know till later in the week.

But everything else has almost been perfect. If the raiders can find a way to win in OT then Dallas still has a shot at the 1 seed. If the 49rs win they’re the one seed and guess who Dallas would most likely get as the 2seed?

Our fave boogyman Aaron fucking Rodgers.

Or we stay the 5 seed and go on the road to see Brady.

We’re pretty screwed either way.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Well I’m not one to think daboll lays down next week. They missed the playoffs last year because the eagles didn’t even try. They may want to screw them.

Also a chance for 10 wins and going into the playoffs hot? We just won’t know till later in the week.

But everything else has almost been perfect. If the raiders can find a way to win in OT then Dallas still has a shot at the 1 seed. If the 49rs win they’re the one seed and guess who Dallas would most likely get as the 2seed?

Our fave boogyman Aaron fucking Rodgers.

Or we stay the 5 seed and go on the road to see Brady.

We’re pretty screwed either way.

Not sure it matters with the 49er winning. 

I think going on the road in the playoffs would give this team the best chance outside of getting the 1 seed. 

When they're at home the pressure seems to much for them. You have the Jones family idiocy and whatever stupid shit the owner has to say coupled with just the whole clown nature of the organization. Going on the road they can hopefully zone in away from it more easily. At least that's the hope. 

I think going on the road in the playoffs would give this team the best chance outside of getting the 1 seed. 
When they're at home the pressure seems to much for them. You have the Jones family idiocy and whatever stupid shit the owner has to say coupled with just the whole clown nature of the organization. Going on the road they can hopefully zone in away from it more easily. At least that's the hope. 

Do they go on the road by horseback or do they stay in Dallas around Jerry and all his trappings until flying out the afternoon before the game?

The issue with Tampa is they're getting healthy and they're not the same team who was listless in the middle of the season.  Vea is back.  Wirfs came back last week and extremely important, Ryan Jensen will be back for the playoffs.  Their entire secondary may be healthy for the first time all season dependent on Carlton Davis.  Julio Jones is on track to be healthy.  Bucs may be the healthiest they've been all season for the playoffs and they have Brady.... Now, does that make them a great team?  No, but it makes them a very dangerous one.  I don't think you have a SB team, but you have one who can probably beat any team in the NFC on any given day.

Now, look at Dallas...... Everson Walls ain't walking through that door.  With Brown and Lewis out for the season, the Cowboys secondary is simply going to be shitty the rest of the year.  S-H-I-T-T-Y.  As in a bottom 5-10 group on the outside.  The CBs suck and you gonna run who, Wright out there on Julio?  Bland on Godwin?  Steele is out the ROS, and although they're hopeful Biadasz can come back, HAS' typically take 4-6 weeks, he'll have 2.5 weeks, so he won't be close to 100%.  Hankins may be back for the playoffs.... best run DT, but he may not and will probably be gimpy.  Finally, Parsons hasn't been the same guy since mid-season.  He's still good but with a bad leg and now bad hand, he hasn't been DPOY level lately.  Two teams who's injury situation is going different ways.  I'd much rather play the Giants or Seattle or fuck, even the fraudulent Vikings in the first round, but instead we'll probably be going to the GOAT's home office as his team is getting healthy....

Far from optimal.....

And no, we won't be getting the #1 seed, so you can put away that pipe dream..... Best we can hope is the 2 seed and frankly, that is probably a dream scenario.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The issue with Tampa is they're getting healthy and they're not the same team who was listless in the middle of the season.  Vea is back.  Wirfs came back last week and extremely important, Ryan Jensen will be back for the playoffs.  Their entire secondary may be healthy for the first time all season dependent on Carlton Davis.  Julio Jones is on track to be healthy.  Bucs may be the healthiest they've been all season for the playoffs and they have Brady.... Now, does that make them a great team?  No, but it makes them a very dangerous one.  I don't think you have a SB team, but you have one who can probably beat any team in the NFC on any given day.

Now, look at Dallas...... Everson Walls ain't walking through that door.  With Brown and Lewis out for the season, the Cowboys secondary is simply going to be shitty the rest of the year.  S-H-I-T-T-Y.  As in a bottom 5-10 group on the outside.  The CBs suck and you gonna run who, Wright out there on Julio?  Bland on Godwin?  Steele is out the ROS, and although they're hopeful Biadasz can come back, HAS' typically take 4-6 weeks, he'll have 2.5 weeks, so he won't be close to 100%.  Hankins may be back for the playoffs.... best run DT, but he may not and will probably be gimpy.  Finally, Parsons hasn't been the same guy since mid-season.  He's still good but with a bad leg and now bad hand, he hasn't been DPOY level lately.  Two teams who's injury situation is going different ways.  I'd much rather play the Giants or Seattle or fuck, even the fraudulent Vikings in the first round, but instead we'll probably be going to the GOAT's home office as his team is getting healthy....

Far from optimal.....

And no, we won't be getting the #1 seed, so you can put away that pipe dream..... Best we can hope is the 2 seed and frankly, that is probably a dream scenario.

Honest question but how do we get 2 seed?

Bucs can beat a lot of teams in 1 game at home. They’d have zero shot to beat the Niners and little shot to beat Dallas or Eagles. Brady to Evans is concerning, but their D is meh and the rest of their O is meh. 

17 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Doubt the Bucs go on a long playoff run but they can beat anyone.

Brady is 7-0 against Dallas and he just put up 400 yards passing yesterday. The man is still terrifying but would love to finally get a win against the goat.

They wouldn’t beat Niners or Bills or Chiefs 1 out of 10 times. 

18 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Honest question but how do we get 2 seed?

Bucs can beat a lot of teams in 1 game at home. They’d have zero shot to beat the Niners and little shot to beat Dallas or Eagles. Brady to Evans is concerning, but their D is meh and the rest of their O is meh. 

Dallas can get the 2 seed if we beat Wash, and NYG beat Philly, and 49ers win against Arizona.  

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Philly is favored by 14 points against NYG. Giants will sit a lot of starters in the 2nd half as they are locked into the 6 seed I believe.

And they have us playing at the same time. So if we knew that the Giants were gonna fold, we could rest starters too, but we have to act as though the top seed is a possibility, so we're definitely suffer another major injury or two, because why the fuck not?

20 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Not sure it matters with the 49er winning. 

I mean unless you want the 2 seed to get Rodgers...but at least you get a home game, maybe 2?

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Philly is favored by 14 points against NYG. Giants will sit a lot of starters in the 2nd half as they are locked into the 6 seed I believe.

I just don't see Daboll sitting everyone(would be the smart thing to do for them).  But then again I've see a couple Giants teams with nothin to gain the last week of the season, still play and it helped them in the playoffs.  WE'll just have to wait and see.

Is Eagles lose and Niners win I believe cowboys get 2 seed if they win. If both lose and Dallas wins they get 1 seed.

That being said, cowboys will probably make Wentz look like fucking Tom Brady.

On 1/1/2023 at 9:33 PM, futureman said:

Tom Brady is going to fucking destroy this team.  When you add on that Dak is a 100% completely fucking useless idiot with no dick the chances of winning that game are zero point zero.

The sad fact that Dak has fucked Dallas and Dallas fans on multiple occasions indicates he has a dick.

Edited by lilMAC25

2 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

The sad fact that Dak has fucked Dallas and Dallas fans on multiple occasions indicates he has a dick.

Huh? When.

Oh and Dallas can absolutely beat anyone in the playoffs.  They could also lose.  

Cowboys need serious secondary help or will be torched. I do not think their offense is finely tuned enough to keep up with the other playoff teams.
Dallas offense can easily keep up with the rest of the NFC offenses. Hurts, Purdy, Cousins, Daniel Jones. That's not the issue. It's that the offense will be asked to score on seemingly every drive and when they don't, then people will say it's their fault.

It's not just secondary, the interior of the DL is plain awful. This franchise doesn't value the DT. Yet it's always one of the main reasons we lose in the playoffs. We get manhandled in the trenches.

This defense is the same as last year. Had a good stretch and so many thought they were "elite". And comes crashing back down to earth.

• Hook 'Em 2

Naturally, fat MikeMC will always worry me. Dak has the thumb issue or whatever and is throwing too many picks of late. Which makes anyone nervous if we have him throw more than 40 times a game in the post season. Otherwise I think we have just as good of a shot as anyone else. But of the HC left that will likely be in the post season Fat MC is close to the bottom. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Dallas offense can easily keep up with the rest of the NFC offenses. Hurts, Purdy, Cousins, Daniel Jones. That's not the issue. It's that the offense will be asked to score on seemingly every drive and when they don't, then people will say it's their fault.

It's not just secondary, the interior of the DL is plain awful. This franchise doesn't value the DT. Yet it's always one of the main reasons we lose in the playoffs. We get manhandled in the trenches.

This defense is the same as last year. Had a good stretch and so many thought they were "elite". And comes crashing back down to earth.

That was basically my premise but I was trying to keep it short. We can score a lot and others teams can score a lot. I just dont believe in our defense enough to balance the scales in our favor.

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Naturally, fat MikeMC will always worry me. Dak has the thumb issue or whatever and is throwing too many picks of late. Which makes anyone nervous if we have him throw more than 40 times a game in the post season. Otherwise I think we have just as good of a shot as anyone else. But of the HC left that will likely be in the post season Fat MC is close to the bottom. 

Yes, I have seen a lot of bone-headed decisions by coaches in many years. I do not trust Fat MC to make the best decisions in crunch time. Also, I hope dak gets his bone-headed mistakes out early. We will see if Dallas has leaders and winners here in the next few weeks.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Hankins and LVE should be back for the playoff game. That will help up the middle some. They need enough to be passable against the run and get after the QB like earlier in the season. I don't know where that will come from.