Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

The Cowboys are guaranteed to lose in second round of playoffs if not even the wildcard game. That much I'm convinced of based off of what I've seen of this team this year.

The real pleasure for me as a Cowboy fan is going to be the Eagles losing in first game of the playoffs, which I'm also convinced of based off what I've seen and know of Hurts injury.

It's gonna be up to Dak to get us on top and keep us on top with his running and his passing. This is a young team who's had some rest this week. Maybe they'll gel this weekend, kick some ass. The D remembers how to pressure the QB and gets some turnnovers. We storm thru the first playoff game, gain some swagger. Dak, Pollard and Zeke hitting on all eight cylinders gets us to the NFC championship where anything can happen. We get a couple of breaks... The league tells the refs that they want us in the SB and Boom, we make it to the big one!

One can dream...

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

He hasn't been a "win with" QB sine 2017.  

Regular season games can only get a qb to a B rating. To be an A you got be the reason the team wins tough close games in the playoffs. Dak certainly hasn’t been winning us tough, close l, hard fought playoff games since 2017.

Disclaimer: that’s my opinion and I don’t have an md,phd in football nor am I a football paramedic or anything like that. Just someone that watches and likes to talk about shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I mean the Seattle Playoff game was literally a "close hard-fought game" that HE basically won with a 4th and 15 hard running scramble where he got flipped over defenders.

But yes the one game he played bad in, was another close hard-fought game(49rs) where a mistake by him late did probably cost them a chance.

Also, both the Rams AND the GB games were close hard-fought games lost by the defense either giving up a miracle throw to Rodgers or 300 yards rushing to the Rams...

But hey, I just watch games too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Drew said:

I mean the Seattle Playoff game was literally a "close hard-fought game" that HE basically won with a 4th and 15 hard running scramble where he got flipped over defenders.

But yes the one game he played bad in, was another close hard-fought game(49rs) where a mistake by him late did probably cost them a chance.

Also, both the Rams AND the GB games were close hard-fought games lost by the defense either giving up a miracle throw to Rodgers or 300 yards rushing to the Rams...

But hey, I just watch games too.

Green Bay game with Dak had pussy ass Garrett making calls like the cowboys were a 6 seed wild card team instead of a favorite #1 seed at home. 4th and 1 around the 30 with beast offensive line at home and Garrett calls for a field goal. Dak thru a crucial pick in that game. The offense took too long to get going. They were rusty from the bye. 

I still think that game is a win with a decent coach.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Green Bay game with Dak had pussy ass Garrett making calls like the cowboys were a 6 seed wild card team instead of a favorite #1 seed at home. 4th and 1 around the 30 with beast offensive line at home and Garrett calls for a field goal. Dak thru a crucial pick in that game. The offense took too long to get going. They were rusty from the bye. 

I still think that game is a win with a decent coach.

That crucial pick in the GB playoff game was his first throw of the game if I’m not mistaken.   It wasn’t that damn crucial.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

To borrow from Pete Prisco, is Dak a “win with” qb or a “win because of” qb?

I think he's a very good, not quite great QB,  that is capable of great moments. If he had the exact same production anywhere else, he would hardly be noticed, but he would be mostly talked about in a positive light by football fans and pundits. People wouldn't be analyzing every single throw he makes. He'd be talked about every few weeks as "oh yeah that guy, he's pretty good too".

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The Packers are more dangerous, imo.

It's the Cowboys in the playoffs. Every team is a "drunken old lady with osteoporosis walking down icy stairs in the snow in her backyard with no phone, neighbors, or Life Alert" situation for them.

39 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

It's the Cowboys in the playoffs. Every team is a "drunken old lady with osteoporosis walking down icy stairs in the snow in her backyard with no phone, neighbors, or Life Alert" situation for them.

Not saying the Bucs are a guaranteed victory or anything. But when i look around at the playoff landscape, i'd rather go against the teams that have lesser coaches. Todd Bowles is objectively just not a good coach. I believe that a good coach would have had TB at 12 wins this year. They are serious underperformers. Maybe there's a magical switch they can flip to make them not one of the worst offenses in the league, who knows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Not saying the Bucs are a guaranteed victory or anything. But when i look around at the playoff landscape, i'd rather go against the teams that have lesser coaches. Todd Bowles is objectively just not a good coach. I believe that a good coach would have had TB at 12 wins this year. They are serious underperformers. Maybe there's a magical switch they can flip to make them not one of the worst offenses in the league, who knows.

I get what you're saying, but Brady to Evans for a couple of TDs might be all it takes. It was a long time ago, but both Tampa and Green Bay have already beaten Dallas, with Tampa doing it in Arlington.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I can't see this being true. They aren't sticking Dallas and Brady on MNF. Last year it was Rams/Cardinals, two teams no one cares about and has small fanbases. 

Are you implying here that MNF is a bad slot for a playoff game?  (Not agreeing or disagreeing, just curious what you mean)

Are you implying here that MNF is a bad slot for a playoff game?  (Not agreeing or disagreeing, just curious what you mean)
Absolutely. MNF is not the primetime slot. Even the regular season version takes a back seat to SNF.

Dallas and Brady i anticipate will get a Sunday 2nd game slot or Saturday night.

But I also don't know how all the playoff scheduling gets decided and who picks where the games go. Is there an order of the networks involved on picking which games they want or does the NFL have a say?
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, DougO said:

No playoff game should be on Monday night then the survivor play on Saturday against a better rested team. They used to care about things like that but they don't give a rat's ass any more. 

They should schedule the Monday night winner on Sunday night the following week at least.

No playoff game should be on Monday night then the survivor play on Saturday against a better rested team. They used to care about things like that but they don't give a rat's ass any more. 
Last year the Rams played Monday night then Sunday early 2pm.

Absolutely no way to win the East now. Giants are sitting Jones and rolling out David Webb at QB. I knew their coach was full of shit when he said last week they weren't resting everyone. Riiiiight. Now the Eagles can rest Hurts and still win but not sure if they are.

Giants have absolutely nothing to play for. They are locked into the 6 seed