Just checked into the Hilton Garden Inn CLT

Gil Bang

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

As a Hilton honors member this hits close to home. I’ve never had an awesome or terrible experience at a Hilton. Which is really all I ask for.

As someone who has recently gone all in on Hilton (card, all travel stays, etc) this is so true. 

Homewood Suites in Edgewater had a dirty ice machine, those stupid duvet covers that are almost just a folded sheet, and the ac was straight up out one evening. One of the rare times I’ve said “actually, shitty” when asked how my stay was. 

That said, I could easily house 18 beers at the Garden Inn in my time - nice guy but a lightweight.

51 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

I can respect a man who will drink 13 Coors lights in a night in a hotel but not 18.

Man knows his limits and deserves the shout out.

I hate when I've had 13 drinks and people are acting like I've had 18 drinks and I'm too drunk. Especially cops.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Alright assholes, my flights were fucked up, I had a 10 hour layover at CLT, I wanted something clean, not expensive, with an airport shuttle.  I got there at 10 PM or so, maybe later.  Bar and room service were closed.  I bought 2 beers from the lobby "store" and ordered a delivery pizza.  

Elevator man was the man.  I took the shuttle back the CLT, made my connection, and got to my kid's graduation shit on time.  That's all I care about. 

On 9/11/2022 at 9:59 PM, CoTex said:

I stayed at the HGI in Shreveport once.  Whole damned place was clammy swampy and humid.  Walls were wet.  

WTF?

You stayed in Shreveport, near the airport, and you are complaining about your room? That’s on you. You chose poorly. 

54 minutes ago, EE2B said:

You stayed in Shreveport, near the airport, and you are complaining about your room? That’s on you. You chose poorly. 

I didn’t choose the hotel.  I was with a group traveling for sports and someone else chose.  I could have gone renegade or stayed with the group.  I chose to not go renegade which, although a choice, wasn’t exactly choosing that hotel.

Either way - SHV is a dump.

22 minutes ago, CoTex said:

I didn’t choose the hotel.  I was with a group traveling for sports and someone else chose.  I could have gone renegade or stayed with the group.  I chose to not go renegade which, although a choice, wasn’t exactly choosing that hotel.

Either way - Louisiana is a dump.

ftfy

3 hours ago, CoTex said:

My daughters team travels all over Texas and surrounding state for her league games.   Don't get me started how insane this is.   The club usually secures a hotel with a group block.  For our Dallas trip they chose a Hilton in Lewisville which is perfect since I am a diamond member and will be able to pad my points and stays also will get upgraded.  Bonus is that my ex and I split the hotel costs so my ex is helping me pad my hotel stats.