Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (Netflix, Daniel Craig, Kathryn Hahn, Edward Norton, etc.)

atomheartbevo

I liked it (?). It zipped by, usually a good sign. 

If Kate Hudson is going to go full Goldi Hawn, we all deserve a nude scene to tolerate it. She looked great in this film. 

I’m a fan of Whiskey. I’ll be following her career.

I’d watch the hell of a Bautista - Joe Rogan parody. 

This movie just wasn’t right for Norton. He’s steered his career away from bad ass dramatic roles in 25th Hour and American History X to goofy ass roles in Motherless Brooklyn and Wes Anderson movies. A very strange decision for a serious actor with chops. I guess there’s still time for him to win an Oscar if the right role emerges. 

Everybody else was pretty forgettable. 

On 12/27/2022 at 5:02 PM, Blotto said:

I watched it last night and found it to be a convoluted mess. Stylistically, it has some merit, but as far as the plot, dialogue, acting etc... it was a solid "meh"

This movie insists upon itself

Rian Johnson is getting better. I always felt like his movies are a chore to get through. Knives Out was the best up until now and with Glass Onion he goes fully over the top with his characters, which made it fun to watch. It's like 40% social commentary, but a breezy good time and great visuals.

We did a double feature with the kids tonight. I enjoyed the 2nd one. Not as much as the first as the first was funnier. I appreciated Kate Hudson is a bikini. The new chick was nice too. I love how over the top Daniel Craig's KFC accent has become. There's a funny YouTube video with the other actors trying to recreate his accent. Elon Norton was ahead of its time. 

On 12/26/2022 at 12:51 PM, Scary Stranger said:

It was fun and forgettable.

This. Caught myself a few times not paying attention but wasn’t worth rewinding to see what I missed. It would have been better to knock 20-30 minutes off the runtime as well.

Spoiler

Did anyone not realize that Mona Lisa was getting destroyed the second they showed it? Surprises in a movie like this are welcomed and that was the opposite of a surprise.

We did a double feature with the kids tonight. I enjoyed the 2nd one. Not as much as the first as the first was funnier. I appreciated Kate Hudson is a bikini. The new chick was nice too. I love how over the top Daniel Craig's KFC accent has become. There's a funny YouTube video with the other actors trying to recreate his accent. Elon Norton was ahead of its time. 

Kate Hudson is stunning. God, I love her.

I liked it, maybe not as good as Knives out, but really a lot of fun. Worth a rewatch to catch all the hints and clues that were there. 

Even the occasional easter egg like the Tyler Durden painting with Ed Norton's head put on it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t like it when a mystery hides a bunch of shit from you so that there’s no way you can possibly figure it out. This movie did that a couple of times. That said it was a fun popcorn flick just due to the cast.

I liked the first one better, but the first one also had Ana de Armas in it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

On 1/2/2023 at 11:50 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This. Caught myself a few times not paying attention but wasn’t worth rewinding to see what I missed. It would have been better to knock 20-30 minutes off the runtime as well.

Hide contents

Did anyone not realize that Mona Lisa was getting destroyed the second they showed it? Surprises in a movie like this are welcomed and that was the opposite of a surprise.

Spoiler

It was definitely Chekhov's Mona Lisa. Also, Blanc has a boyfriend and it's Hugh Grant, right? 

• Like 1