Concerts you are attending

bamachine

Went to the "leaving town" party for Cindy Toth (The Reivers, Flying Saucers) last night at Opal Divine's.  The WIld Seeds absolutely killed it, and Pocket Fishrmen were mayhem-inducing as usual.  My old man dad band got to play a set, too, with my daughter sitting in on vocals and making us sound not so shitty.

I'm a little foggy this morning.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Went to the "leaving town" party for Cindy Toth (The Reivers, Flying Saucers) last night at Opal Divine's.  The WIld Seeds absolutely killed it, and Pocket Fishrmen were mayhem-inducing as usual.  My old man dad band got to play a set, too, with my daughter sitting in on vocals and making us sound not so shitty.

I'm a little foggy this morning.

are you on YouTube ?

Got four in the balcony for the Kessler show in August. I haz excite.

c447f6202744845ad30b321a81a1fe5e.jpg
Saw them on this tour in ‘95. First big tour after the release of Trace. What’s really cool is 12 days earlier I saw Wilco after their debut album at the same venue.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, TexPx said:

c447f6202744845ad30b321a81a1fe5e.jpg
Saw them on this tour in ‘95. First big tour after the release of Trace. What’s really cool is 12 days earlier I saw Wilco after their debut album at the same venue.

That's awesome. I was much, much later to the Son Volt/Wilco party than most. Saw Wilco three or four times and I wasn't even really a fan, kept getting dragged by my ex-wife's group. Now they're a top five band for me all these years later. Son Volt played the Lake Highlands Octoberfest in 2021 and it was awesome. I wish I could go back in time and catch Uncle Tupelo. A good buddy of mine here in town went to Mizzou in the early 90's and saw them all in tiny clubs in St Louis and Columbia.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

image.jpeg.5cd5ca77647ca284a5de08e560c86a90.jpeg

Went to see Eric Johnson at the Paramount last night. Still the God Standard for Austin home grown Guitar Players.

I think the first time I saw Eric was with the Electromagnets in the early 70’s. I might have seen him before that at the “Teen Club” at Bergstrom AFB. Always admired his style, just a pure sound, with his fingers effortlessly dancing up and down the neck, very chill… the way Austin used to be.

I have had the joy of seeing EJ many times over the years, including 3 times at the Paramount. Eric Johnson is what Mozart would have sounded like if he had access to a Stratocaster, “…too many notes…more than the mind can comprehend? …”

Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover 1984

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 9:47 PM, SamsCorner said:

Troubadours @ BOK-Tulsaimage.thumb.jpeg.7175f8c143d8f4edd2fabcd368aa4bc1.jpeg 

I was really impressed with Old Crow Medicine Show. Had already seen the Troubadours but we were in town for Toto and Journey the night before and found tickets to this show for $9. Glad we stayed and went

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/23/2023 at 9:31 PM, GenXer said:

I’ve had tix for this since Jan. Really looking forward to it. That week is gonna be busy for me. 

Sat - Houndmouth in Ft Worth

wed - Einaudi at Bass Hall

thurs - Built to Spill at Granada

Fuck work. I got music to hear.

Is it me or is it kind of surprising how packed this place is?

Ludovico was awesome tonight. 

IMG_4040.thumb.jpeg.1277130c3255917516c02eca51f7fac3.jpeg

IMG_4039.thumb.jpeg.2081d25fcaa5c5d61bd7083849188a15.jpeg

Edited by sidis
  • Like 1

Flatland Cavalry yesterday at the annual Crawfish and Cannons event at Ft. Belknap. 

The band was great. This was the first time I have seen them live. 

If any of you are ever in the North Central Texas area on the second Saturday in April, I highly recommend attending Crawfish and Cannons. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/23/2023 at 9:31 PM, GenXer said:

I’ve had tix for this since Jan. Really looking forward to it. That week is gonna be busy for me. 

Sat - Houndmouth in Ft Worth

wed - Einaudi at Bass Hall

thurs - Built to Spill at Granada

Fuck work. I got music to hear.

Houndmouth show was fucking great! Prob seen em 5 times now. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Uhhh . . . not to belabor the topic, but my daughter's band just got added to ACL Fest, both weekends.

Nah I'm cool with ACL Fest.  Wait, totally different topic.   Ohhhh... but hey, "inside info".  Love it.  

On a side note, just bought tickets to Psychedelic Furs at ACL Live.  

Edited by texasdago

32 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Should be announced soon. 9/18 at Moody with a possible second date the next night. FW also on the schedule. 

That’s great news. We dropped $1k per ticket to see PJ in OKC for the may 2020 show. Pandemic set it back to sept last year. Wife couldn’t go because of work. She’s been giving me shit about it ever since.

In other news, cloud nothings and wavves are doing austin and ft worth on mon and tues june 26 and 27, respectively.

Scrolling through Gametime, I came across Wilder Woods with Abraham Alexander as the opener at a small venue in Dallas.

Watched a couple youtubes of them; they seem intriguing. Most have like 100+ views on youtube. I can’t imagine them being well known.

Price for the show is $71. I can’t imagine why the price would be much north of $30. Is there something I’m missing here?

AA’s cover of Issac’s Wicked Game is intriguing.

saw brooks nielsen at antone's last night. think i'm probably the only growlers fan here...he played about half growlers and half from his solo record. really enjoyed the new band and the reworked growlers songs. didn't love his solo record at first but it's grown on me, and those songs were way better live. 

On 4/11/2023 at 5:08 PM, 4th&Five said:

Should be announced soon. 9/18 at Moody with a possible second date the next night. FW also on the schedule. 

Dickie's?

I got a bunch of floor tickets to arctic monkeys at dickies.  looking to swap two for two on the floor at moody.