Concerts you are attending

bamachine

21 hours ago, stc said:

debating on getting tickets for ghost funk orchestra, let me know how they are. love their albums. 

I walked in right as they started their last song.  Luckily it was "Walk Like a Motherfucker" which was the one I really wanted to hear.  They killed it.  Get the tickets.

• Hook 'Em 1

Made a quick trip up to Seattle to go to the Bumbershoot music fest this past Sunday. 

Temples - I've seen them 3 times now and they have really improved their live show.  Really good now.

Band of Horses - Each time I see them I like them less

The Revivalists - meh, had a couple of good songs but not really my style

Fatboy Slim - I should have taken acid or molly.  It was really fun but would have gone to 11 with chemical turbo.

Yoke Lore this Saturday at The Granada

Bahamas on 9/24 at The Kessler

Wilco on 9/28 at Southside Ballroom

EDIT: The Walkmen at Longhorn Ballroom on 10/6

Portugal, the Man on 10/7

Flaming Lips sometime in the vicinity

The National 11/19?? at Toyota in Las Colinas

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just ordered Black Pumas floor tix for December- Early passcode is ICECREAM

We were lucky enough to see them in a last second ticket buy at the Mohawk right before they broke it open.  Should be a good show Dec 5/6 ACL Live

ALSO --- Don't know the lineup but this weekend is the East Side Kings blues festival.  Old time rippers from the past, in small venues on the East side.  The wife and I really enjoyed it last year.  IF you love the blues it's almost a "secret" Austin music event.

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, horn4life said:

ALSO --- Don't know the lineup but this weekend is the East Side Kings blues festival.  Old time rippers from the past, in small venues on the East side.  The wife and I really enjoyed it last year.  IF you love the blues it's almost a "secret" Austin music event.

I recorded a whole bunch of their artists back in the day at Lambert's upstairs during SXSW.  Eddie Stout is a true blues hero, he keeps a lot of older blues players in the business.

• Like 1

If anyone’s debating catching GnR on their current tour you should go. Tickets aren’t outrageous and they sound really good. Axl’s pipes aren’t what they used to be but he’s still great on stage. He sings in a lower register with some higher pitched stuff mixed in, although he defers to Duff on a lot of it. And the band is really tight.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Excellent. Would be good to cross paths again since the LCD show didn't work out. (Is that the last time it fucking rained in this god-forsaken desert wasteland?)

i think it was.

im hitting up bahamas (4pm), wilco, wilco austin, walkmen, neil frances, deer tick, thundercat and dan deacon.  surely to add some more.  if you havent seen dan deacon, change that.

I saw Joshua Radin on Fri night at kessler. It was like going to a coffee shop. He tells lots of stories between songs and apparently has a very loyal following. He said he doesn’t have a setlist as he “doesn’t want to be beholden to a piece of paper”. He does have a list of songs “so that he can remember songs he’s written”. Entertaining guy.

I got Pearl Jam in Ft worth on Fri night. They canceled tonight’s show in Indy due to illness . Hope things turn around because my wife may lose her mind if she misses this show after missing the okc show last year.

Later this month, I have Off With Their Heads in deep ellum.

Edited by GenXer

On 9/7/2023 at 6:00 AM, HiggyBaby said:

If anyone’s debating catching GnR on their current tour you should go. Tickets aren’t outrageous and they sound really good. Axl’s pipes aren’t what they used to be but he’s still great on stage. He sings in a lower register with some higher pitched stuff mixed in, although he defers to Duff on a lot of it. And the band is really tight.

I'm surprised how many seats are still available for the Houston show at Minute Maid. I guess most fans were satisfied seeing them on the reunion tour a few years ago. Hard to believe that was 7 years ago.

55 minutes ago, stc said:

PJ setlist from last night looks great, no new shit. Curious how they sounded with that ratfuck klinghoffer on drums. 

It was a bad ass setlist and thought they sounded really good, even Eddie with the flu was excellent.  McCready went crazy too.

Had not been to Dickies, but thought it was very nice/solid venue as well.

Eight of my buddies flew up this past week.  These are guys I grew up with in The Woodlands and have known since 3rd grade.  It was a week of concerts, disc golf, 42, mushrooms, weed, and local beer.  

Saw Night Beats, Spirit Mother, and Broncho last friday.

We dressed up in our DEVO garb and went to the Modest Mouse/Pixies/Cat Power concert at McMenamin's Edgefield.  Took pictures with just about everyone in the audience.  

Topped it off with Brant Bjork at Mississippi Studios.  Crunchy desert power rock.  Loved it.

378702958_10231639197872014_212716299823

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

It was only my 3rd. There were some massive sing alongs that were fun as hell, though not normally my favorites (alive, better man, jeremy). Even got a tom petty cover. I was certain rockin in the free world was the last song, then was pumped to hear those opening notes of yellow Ledbetter. Will be in the pit on Monday, can't wait.
20230915_214800.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

I gotta see PJ before I shuffle off.  They're far from my favorite band, but I respect the hell out of them, and at least 4 tracks are in my regular rotation, as much for the recordings as the songs themselves ("Even Flow", "Yellow Ledbetter", "Black", and "Spin The Black Circle").  Damn, thats a great band.