Game Week- Texas Tech

Wulaw Horn

15 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

Stupid from the cops. It's ridiculous. It's less than 2 oz of weed

The law is dumb.

It's even dumber to possess weed, given the circumstances.  It's an IQ test, not social purity.

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Around 50% of passes at the LOS.

Around 25% of passes 20+ yards in the air.

Second stat is weird if we think Sark has reservations about or Card is unable to push the ball downfield.  He definitely hits a limit at a certain distance, but that's more than a handful of chunky throws.

Edited by JBJ

1 minute ago, JBJ said:

Around 50% of passes at the LOS.

Around 25% of passes 20+ yards in the air.

Second stat is weird if we think Sark has reservations about or Card is unable to push the ball downfield.

Most of those 20+ yards in the air occurred in the 1st quarter and Sark had to abandon that once he realized it wasn't effective. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

because he recruits like a SOB. 

“Commit on deez muhfukin’ hittazzz”*

I think that’s the line he used on one Casey Thompson to seal the deal

*I may or may not have embellished the quote a tad

Edited by Atticus

If you’re scared of Texas Tech, go pick another team to support. They talk big but are soft as Charmin.

If Texas loses, it’ll almost certainly be a Texas loss rather than a Tech win. In that sense, I think hesitancy comes from skepticism in Texas as opposed to anything to do with Tech one way or the other.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Hell no. IF he is cleared and is not in risk of re-injuring himself, he has to play. He only has 4 quarters of experience playing college football. 

That first sentence is the big if. If he’s medically cleared and without significant added risk, he starts. If he isn’t, don’t even dress him. It isn’t worth it to put him back on the field until he’s at that point, but once he is, he plays. It’s pretty binary. None of this emergency QB shit.

47 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Getting back to this discussion. NC State finished 54th in FEI offense last year and are once again underachieving. With a NFL QB. 

How does Tim Beck keep getting opportunities as an OC? 

Wait Tim Beck is at NC State?

Well I was kind of worried Tech had a good-ish defense finally, but just like BO'B, they make opposing defenses look a lot better than they probably are. 

1. Tech's defense was supposed to be better last year and we destroyed them.

2. My Tech friends are already asking when basketball season starts.

3.  Texas won't sleep walk against Tech.

4.  I expect Card to play much better this week. He was hobbling the whole game and was short stepping his throws.  He's not Ewers by any means, but he is more capable than he showed against UTSA last week.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

If Texas loses, it’ll almost certainly be a Texas loss rather than a Tech win. In that sense, I think hesitancy comes from skepticism in Texas as opposed to anything to do with Tech one way or the other.

Quinn is going to let his nuts hang. We win by 35

• Hook 'Em 1