Texas vs tech - 2:30pm on ESPN

Pancho

Just now, UTEX_ME said:

We don’t respect lesser opponents.. haven’t for years. It’s not the old days when you can out-talent everyone. Great coaches can scheme and beat you

WTF? Tech is not a lesser opponent. We haven't done anything to justify a sense of superiority in years. If they can't get up for a Big 12 opponent, that's not arrogance that a delusional psychosis. We just aren't good, it's not about playing down to anybody. 

• Hook 'Em 3

There is no reason to keep PK around any longer. Four games into year two should be enough to know what he is, which is a fucking liability in scheme, in-game decisions, and recruiting. He brings nothing to the fucking table. Fire that useless fuck and promote Patterson already!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Just now, stork642 said:

Any competent QB and this game isn’t close.  Open receivers but Card waits too long to throw and gives the defense time to catch up.  He’s really bad. 

This game is not on Hudson Card or the offense. This game is on a defense and coaching staff that allowed Tech to convert 6 of 8 fourth downs.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

34 points should be good enough to win. Can't blame Card, actually the OL is much worse than Card.   Soft D killed it. 

We scored 7 points in the first 29:59 of the second half. Offense sustained no drives and as a result our defense melted. Offense could have put the fucking game away instead we kept running it up the middle with our dogshit interior run blocking and Sark “mr creativity” looked like Shawn Watson trying to run the spread. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

I agree on the offensive side of the ball. 

Not on the defensive side. Texas controlled the run game with 3 DL almost all game. The lack of pass rush is because its 3 vs 5. That's a PK problem not a LOS problem. 

we rushed 4 and 5 also and let the qb stand in a clean pocket killing us.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Went 100% predictable run, run, pass when it was on the line. If you don't trust your QB at all then play a different one. 

It is not like Card didn't make some plays. He can do stuff. I had much more confidence he could convert that 4th and 3 than the defense stop anybody.

Starts on defense, we let a high school coach call a high school game, couldn't stop them and they tracked up over 90 plays. That wears you out and our offense could  never get into a glow. And I'll say it again, there was never a QB battle in the off-season, there's a clear cut number one and two. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

Same old Texas. 

Stupid motherfucking hire. 

Ya know, whether it’s football, baseball (well, not really them), basketball, volleyball, they always seem to fuck it up.  I thought about making a t-shirt, burnt orange, that just says “Same old Texas” in white.  It is what it is.  Fuck.

1 minute ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

What are the positives from this horrible performance?
Gut feeling only but Card was manageable and made plays when needed. Besides that?

Sideshow Bert is a solid kicker.  May need him to beat out KU.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

995'rs have sung the praises of Hutson, but he hasn't been worthy of it. But I won't blame him for that. He's a true freshman and getting beat like a rented mule. Clearly though, Flood must not feel Cambpell or Williams are ready for prime time.

Agreed that he has been pretty bad and also that it shouldn't spell the end for a true freshman. But it's a fact, he's been terrible. 

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

Kansas is going to push our shit in.

They have already won two pretty tough road games and I’d bet are favorites to win vs Iowa State next week. Good coach makes a big difference. If you’re just mediocre you can win if you have a great staff and talent. I’ve not seen anything to suggest Sark is better than mediocre at HC. The play calling was on him. Ewers couldn’t play. I get that. Card did a lot of things right but he’s not Ewers. It was incumbent on Steve Lostagain to call plays that worked for the personnel on the field. That wildcat RoCat stuff was predictable and awful. Steve Lostagain called some just total dogshit in the second half for the most part. Our D couldn’t get set and we couldn’t somehow do something with Rojo and Bijan? It’s just bizarre. But Kansas is averaging 48 points a game. 

This team with Heisman and Butkus candidates gets put in bitch play calling.  Is Texas Tech a more talented team?  Would Joey wail on Sark if the teams were switched?  Absolutely.  Can Sark distinguish what's not working yet?  Still going to play a freshman lineman and senior despite them getting beaten repeatedly?  How do you retain talent behind these guys when coaching showed they aren't willing to play or even see if they can do better?  How is this team supposed to believe in a system that plays to its weaknesses?  If Texas is supposed to play fast and shows that the defense does better pressuring the qb, why does Texas continue rushing 3 and 4?  How are players supposed to believe in a system that plays like they're bitches?  Is losing by 3 in OT more acceptable than losing in regulation?  Is Joey M a better head coach than Sark and PK, because they just showed they were.    

I'm sorry our rb isn't in a better system, with better play calling. I'm wondering if there's a better system for linebackers, because Texas hasn't developed them in a long time.  Meanwhile, teams with less are doing more and Texas just lost to one of those teams.   It's a travesty and waste of talents and skills.  

Edited by Mdhorn

5 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

We scored 7 points in the first 29:59 of the second half. Offense sustained no drives and as a result our defense melted. Offense could have put the fucking game away instead we kept running it up the middle with our dogshit interior run blocking and Sark “mr creativity” looked like Shawn Watson trying to run the spread. 

I think rathet the defense couldn't get off the field and our offense lost it's rhythm. Having to start on the 1 yard line didn't help.

• Hook 'Em 1