NBA 2022-2023 Season Thread

Mitch Cumsteen

On 3/2/2023 at 2:36 PM, BigOrange1 said:

is the nba going to do or say anything in regards to reports around ja morant?  it seems odd that they haven't even put out a "we're aware of the allegations and looking into the situation" type message.

Looks like he is under full investigation after flashing a gun on Instagram in Denver after a loss. He needs to be suspended immediately and without pay. He is an infinitely more talented Javaris Crittendon, but he has to be shelved by the league. Either he separates himself from the off-court life he is living or he gets exiled right out of the league. He continues to repeatedly show violent tendencies and it will come to a head with him and his clownshow posse doing something that causes severe injury or God forbid death to someone. 

11 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Looks like he is under full investigation after flashing a gun on Instagram in Denver after a loss. He needs to be suspended immediately and without pay. He is an infinitely more talented Javaris Crittendon, but he has to be shelved by the league. Either he separates himself from the off-court life he is living or he gets exiled right out of the league. He continues to repeatedly show violent tendencies and it will come to a head with him and his clownshow posse doing something that causes severe injury or God forbid death to someone. 

I remember posting the original story months ago when it came to light. The incident about what happened to that 17yr old. And many just passed it off as no biggie. Until this week, more came out about the story and now his name is on more hot water. Then this stuff last night brandishing a gun (a shitty one at that) on IG Live at a strip club. You'd think with this story making waves, he'd try and lay low. But nope, he doubled down on this persona he is living. Are his people around him not telling him to chill out or do they not give a fuck and just enabling him. Many people who are around these entertainers, that person is their meal ticket. You'd want to make sure that income stream stays around as long as it can. 

• Hook 'Em 1

You can bet your bottom dollar they were forced to do that by the league office. Turn that into a rest of the season ban. You cannot allow him to play anymore this year. That guy is mentally a train wreck and is a ticking time bomb. I do not care how good you are. If you are harming the lives of others like he did with that teenager you are not mentally well. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I remember posting the original story months ago when it came to light. The incident about what happened to that 17yr old. And many just passed it off as no biggie. Until this week, more came out about the story and now his name is on more hot water. Then this stuff last night brandishing a gun (a shitty one at that) on IG Live at a strip club. You'd think with this story making waves, he'd try and lay low. But nope, he doubled down on this persona he is living. Are his people around him not telling him to chill out or do they not give a fuck and just enabling him. Many people who are around these entertainers, that person is their meal ticket. You'd want to make sure that income stream stays around as long as it can. 

I would agree with this. They are destroying their meal ticket. He isn’t showing that he is learning anything other than his talent with a basketball in his hand enables him to get away with assaulting a teen and that he can associate with people pointing lasers at opponents after a loss. Either you come down hard on him or he will do something he cannot get out of. The Grizzlies front office needs to take a look at the long view here and realize their best player is being negatively affected by the people he has surrounded himself with. He needs to get the message that either he fully cuts ties with them or he gets to find out what happens when you continually mess around.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

The Grizzlies front office needs to take a look at the long view here and realize their best player is being negatively affected by the people he has surrounded himself with. He needs to get the message that either he fully cuts ties with them or he gets to find out what happens when you continually mess around.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

All that NBA, Nike, and Powerade money and he's flashing a Hipoint Saturday Night Special..FOH. At least get a Kimber.

Seriously though, it's time for Mom and Dad to stop being fans and say something. I know he is technically grown but he ain't that grown. 

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

All that NBA, Nike, and Powerade money and he's flashing a Hipoint Saturday Night Special..FOH. At least get a Kimber.

Seriously though, it's time for Mom and Dad to stop being fans and say something. I know he is technically grown but he ain't that grown. 

Bulldozer parents usually don’t change, especially when their meal ticket is their kid. One of them started a fight at a mall, and the other one went at Shannon Sharpe. They’re just as immature. Sucks for Memphis fans.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

This is going to be a nba PR mess especially if Ja’s bringing guns with him on road trips. The team probably stayed in Denver last night and travel to LA today. Jas stupidity has no bounds so he probably stuffed it in his suitcase? Or would TSA red flag that immediately

All NBA teams have private flights, so no TSA checks.  I wouldn't be surprised that other players pack when they hit the road as well.  

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

All NBA teams have private flights, so no TSA checks.  I wouldn't be surprised that other players pack when they hit the road as well.  

I would be pretty surprised if NBA players in 2023 are bringing guns on team planes. 

I'm assuming it was someone else's gun... 

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It was silly Harden wasn’t an all star this year. He’s not a top 5 or even 10 type guy anymore but he’s still clearly top 25. 
be interesting to see what his next contract is like after the 76ers lose in the second round of the playoffs again. 

his next contract is going to be a max deal.  from either houston or philly.  i realize that is two different figures, but one of those two teams will give him the most money/years they are allowed to give him.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

his next contract is going to be a max deal.  from either houston or philly.  i realize that is two different figures, but one of those two teams will give him the most money/years they are allowed to give him.

Money wise I definitely see it. My hang up or question is more will he get the total years he wants, or will he have to sign a 1+1 or a 2+1 to get the full 60M a year or whatever it is in July when he signs his deal. That FA class, Woof. 

11 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It was silly Harden wasn’t an all star this year. He’s not a top 5 or even 10 type guy anymore but he’s still clearly top 25. 
be interesting to see what his next contract is like after the 76ers lose in the second round of the playoffs again. 

Sounds like he’s open to returning to Houston

43 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Is this the part where that contract isn’t guaranteed?

On 3/4/2023 at 8:35 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

This was made a month ago before this morning and the playground allegation.

Maybe right after the pacers bus incident happened?

It gruntles me that this video has 100% made it back to Ja and his entourage, and cut him deep.

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Soo Luka likes to dish it to Booker but can’t handle it coming back the other way?

He has been incessantly complaining the entire game. Despite getting away with whatever he wants on offense and shooting 20 free throws. Can't believe that was a double tech - they've been babying him all afternoon. 

Man, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the sheer stupidity of posting yourself flashing a gun in a strip club on social media while you're actively trying to convince people that you didn't assault a minor and brandish your gun at him.

It may be the dumbest thing that I've ever seen in the world of sports, and that's a high fucking bar.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1