Texas Longhorns @ Kansas State Wildcats - 6pm on FS1

Pancho

3 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Sark got lucky. This running up the middle trying to put the game away is bullshit. He almost blew another one with a total shit half of play calling. D got some respect this game. They spent a lot of time on the field. Fuckin Sark

we should have thrown it, an INT would have been great

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

We’ll agree to disagree. We surely fucked up execution more than we should have (even in the first half), but constraining playcalling doesn’t mean becoming predictable. I don’t even remember overloading a side with an extra TE or tackle to counter the strong fronts.

you should pay more attention, Karic was in, Helm was in.

12 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Sark got lucky. This running up the middle trying to put the game away is bullshit. He almost blew another one with a total shit half of play calling. D got some respect this game. They spent a lot of time on the field. Fuckin Sark

This is how your supposed to win, though. Get a lead. Pound the clock.

We are becoming.

• Hook 'Em 3

45 minutes ago, CoachTex said:

Jaylon mother fucking FORD!

The broadcasters were bitching  & moaning about him at one point in the second half when I came back from making myself an alcohol smoothie bomboplat.  

Which is really just a protein shake + 1/3 banana + a few shots of Vodka. 

IDK what they were bitching & moaning about but it seemed important somehow.

• Hook 'Em 1

If you say so man. I saw guys fighting their guts out, just psyched out from years of losing. But they overcame it. Is it progress? I don't know. We'll find out as the year plays out.
I also don't have this weird need for big style points. We need a Big 12 title. The polls don't matter. Optics don't matter. We just need wins. If we have to do that by doing all our scoring in the first half, well that's fine with me. Who the fuck cares if they need to SCRAPE BY to win? K-State and TCU were the two elite teams on our schedule. If we scrape by next week well that's fine with me.

Tom Herman was fine with scraping by too, in games that were easily winnable. It proved to be a losing recipe overall. It’s why the graphics are always poking at Texas losing 3 games by 11 points total. Trying to scrape by and not getting the job done. Like I said, enjoy the W, sure, but it doesn’t bode well for the future and you know I’m right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

35 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:
36 minutes ago, TXRed said:

3 forced fumbles and we only recovered one. Add jumping on loose balls to the laundry list of things the defense needs to work on.  

Ball security obviously needs to be a point of emphasis for the offense. 

The fumble by RJ was just a good play by Kansas State.  It happens

Same for the one when Worthy got nailed just as he turned around after the catch.

OK, I will contradict myself here though. RJ could have held the ball to his chest instead of swinging the ball with his arm while trying to topspeed run. That was something Drayton coached and you noticed the backs doing it.

Likewise, Worthy could have had the ball wrapped with both arms as he turned to face forward. These are finer points that can be coached. It might have/or not, made a difference on the hit he got just as he turned up-field.

• Hook 'Em 3

Sorry, have we decided yet whether we're running out the schedule or if we're at least winning next week?

image.png.70efaa4a02ad54b2fb5b95f3715d8f36.png

I think we win by at least 21 next week against TCU.
They're due for a shutdown.

And it's a 6:30 game.

Meet me at Fast Eddies in Round Rock and I may or may not buy you a shot.

4 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Sorry, have we decided yet whether we're running out the schedule or if we're at least winning next week?

Pass that shit bruther

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Same for the one when Worthy got nailed just as he turned around after the catch.

OK, I will contradict myself here though. RJ could have held the ball to his chest instead of swinging the ball with his arm while trying to topspeed run. That was something Drayton coached and you noticed the backs doing it.

Likewise, Worthy could have had the ball wrapped with both arms as he turned to face forward. These are finer points that can be coached. It might have/or not, made a difference on the hit he got just as he turned up-field.

I like to think we learn from our mistakes - which means that in a year or so, this is going to be the smartest fucking football team on the planet.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Is that place still called fast Eddie’s??

Is next week a Gameday possibility?  Not a whole lot of big time matchups - Alabama/Ole Miss is the highest ranked matchup - but Alabama just lost.
UNC v. Wake Forest and UCF v. Tulane are the only other top 25 matchups.

Hadn’t considered it but it’s possible. It is the ABC game and does, now, have more playoff/conference championship implications than Bama-Ole Miss. Still, they’d probably love to feature the grove. Going to Tulane could also be a novelty. Washington-Oregon will also probably be ranked on ranked.

All 3 could so easily be losses because the deficiencies for Texas are GLARING and that’s not including the meltdowns. Literally a matter of which Texas shows up. Which one do you think we can count on?

Just now, TexasTroll said:

Is that place still called fast Eddie’s??

No, it's some stupid name now like Casual Eddie's or Table Top or something else dumb.
But the Management is still very cool.  

I've changed my my mind.
Next three game plans are going to be like this.

• Hook 'Em 1

Because of the history of blowing leads, it seemed obvious to me that the defense was very intense in the 2nd half.  For the most part the d contained Deuce in the 2nd half.  My takeaway is that the players outfought and overcame the weak schemes developed by PK.  

How many fumbles did the d cause? 

So, the d knows they will be handicapped by their DC's schemes.  I predict doom for next week, because the offense cannot overcome the schemes and play calls from their 2nd half play caller.  

Obviously PK needs to go, but I have no idea how to fix the offense.  There has got to be a way to convince someone to have QE throw short patterns instead of so many long throws.  At this point any throw other than a super long route has a decent chance of success. I wonder how many plays we wasted tonight vs. how many we wasted against other teams.  

No improvement in wasting downs imo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Tom Herman was fine with scraping by too, in games that were easily winnable. It proved to be a losing recipe overall. It’s why the graphics are always poking at Texas losing 3 games by 11 points total. Trying to scrape by and not getting the job done. Like I said, enjoy the W, sure, but it doesn’t bode well for the future and you know I’m right.

F that. Last year we lose this. This year we win. Next year we mudhole.

FB_IMG_1667706912622.jpg.ebe8013b9b41b5d6c415e5a6d420d03f.jpg

Need the gif.

43 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

Because of the history of blowing leads, it seemed obvious to me that the defense was very intense in the 2nd half.  For the most part the d contained Deuce in the 2nd half.  My takeaway is that the players outfought and overcame the weak schemes developed by PK.  

How many fumbles did the d cause? 

So, the d knows they will be handicapped by their DC's schemes.  I predict doom for next week, because the offense cannot overcome the schemes and play calls from their 2nd half play caller.  

Obviously PK needs to go, but I have no idea how to fix the offense.  There has got to be a way to convince someone to have QE throw short patterns instead of so many long throws.  At this point any throw other than a super long route has a decent chance of success. I wonder how many plays we wasted tonight vs. how many we wasted against other teams.  

No improvement in wasting downs imo. 

I'm pretty confident in saying Sark wants those long throws. When the team can consistently hit the open ones, the offense will be unstoppable because there will be too many options and teams will have to concede something every play.

If we're going to call him 7 win Steve from history, we have to also recognize he will have a stellar, multi level offense.

Edited by Slacks
  • Like 1

Yeah, at bama when Sark called those long pass plays, they made the catch, followed by mudholes.

The thing is they didn’t even always work there. They probably worked like a third of the time. Our problem is they never work vs a third of the time them working is a TD or red zone opportunity.
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Is next week a Gameday possibility?  Not a whole lot of big time matchups - Alabama/Ole Miss is the highest ranked matchup - but Alabama just lost.

UNC v. Wake Forest and UCF v. Tulane are the only other top 25 matchups.

I was just thinking the same thing.  Wasn't even on my radar but seems a possibility.  If they hadn't already been to Austin I think it would be a done deal.