2024 Senate Elections

Ghost of LL

12 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Clears a path for AZ to now run an actual Dem candidate without fear of splitting votes

They already are and Gallego was already winning in 2 way and 3 way polling 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Here’s her “both sides” announcement.

You'd have thought she would choose an appropriate place for announcement, like hiding in a stall in a bathroom.  

Posted (edited)

Okay.  Can somebody make a bingo card or Venn diagram for this shit.  I know more about constitutional law than 99% of America.  It was my best grade in law school.  And im not even kidding when I say that if my chart is correct; the new senate pro tem president is Frank Stallone. 

Edited by YGIFS

• 2 weeks later...

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

WASHINGTON (AP) — For Republicans eager to regain the Senate majority this year, Ohio offers a prime opportunity to pick up a critical seat.

But ahead of Tuesday’s primary election, there’s mounting anxiety inside the GOP that Bernie Moreno may emerge with the nomination. After vaulting into the top tier of contenders with a coveted endorsement from Donald Trump, Moreno — who has shifted from a public supporter of LGBTQ rights to a hardline opponent — is confronting questions about the existence of a 2008 profile seeking “Men for 1-on-1 sex” on a casual sexual encounters website called Adult Friend Finder.

“Hi, looking for young guys to have fun with while traveling,” reads a caption on a photo-less profile under the username “nardo19672,” according to an Associated Press review of records made public through a massive and well-publicized data breach of the website. Records also show the profile was last accessed about six hours after it was created.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Need Moreno to win.  How is it looking on the eve of the race?

I read earlier that he has a projected 9 point lead.  Polling might be off, usually considerably, but a 10 point swing would be pretty wild.  

On 3/14/2024 at 7:40 PM, Js1 said:

Hi, looking for young guys to have fun with while traveling,” reads a caption on a photo-less profile under the username “nardo19672,” according to an Associated Press review of records made public through a massive and well-publicized data breach of the website. Records also show the profile was last accessed about six hours after it was created.

Why do people put their birth years in user handles?

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I read earlier that he has a projected 9 point lead.  Polling might be off, usually considerably, but a 10 point swing would be pretty wild.  

He also has the Trump endorsement. Someone said Dolan is favored and sorry no, he didn’t get the coveted fat orange slob endorsement 

12 hours ago, Js1 said:

Moreno is the winner. Huge for Dems chances of keeping the Senate 

At my location the votes were:

Dolan: 69
LaRose: 24
Moreno: 90

Now we’ll have to wait and see if Brown can peel off some of those Dolan voters. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So, if Tester, Brown and Gallego pull off the hat trick, the Dems gain control of the House and Biden is able to hold off Dotard, do we think that the Senate Dems will finally have the balls to kill the filibuster and start doing some shit?  Lots of "ifs" in there, but there seems to be a fighter's chance of getting to a place where they can actually deliver on election integrity, women's rights, etc. After the low-hanging fruit, I'd love to see them take a crack at packing the Court and, if they can't get that through, at least shoring up the authority of federal administrative agencies (EPA) against the barrage from the Court's conservative wing. 

I know, I know ...

morgan-freeman-hope.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

So, if Tester, Brown and Gallego pull off the hat trick, the Dems gain control of the House and Biden is able to hold off Dotard, do we think that the Senate Dems will finally have the balls to kill the filibuster and start doing some shit?

Yes.  The two biggest roadblocks would be gone - Manchin and Sinema. 

While the 2026 Senate map is favorable for Dems (the 2024 map is Class 1, which should be the one of the worst maps for the Dems but they keep pulling out miracles every time it is up) with Maine (Collins' likely retiring), NC (Tillis retiring), TX (Cornyn likely retiring?) and Alaska, you have to go *bold* if Dems have a 2025 trifecta. 

I would think Biden and Schumer have already had these talks of a potential Dem trifecta in 2025 and finally going balls to the wall - eliminating the filibuster for abortion rights, voting rights, etc. 

Edited by Js1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Yes.  The two biggest roadblocks would be gone - Manchin and Sinema. 

While the 2026 Senate map is very for Dems (the 2024 map is Class 1, which should be the one of the worst maps for the Dems but they keep pulling out miracles every time it is up) with Maine (Collins' likely retiring), NC (Tillis retiring), TX (Cornyn likely retiring?) and Alaska, you have to go *bold* if Dems have a 2025 trifecta. 

I would think Biden and Schumer have already had these talks of a potential Dem trifecta in 2025 and finally going balls to the wall - eliminating the filibuster for abortion rights, voting rights, etc. 

If he's smart, Biden has a list of popular ideas he can implement over the summer and in the fall. Timing is everything.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Also if it ends up a Dem president, Dem House and a 49-51 R senate, I’d go ahead and offer Lisa Murkowski everything under the sun to go independent and caucus with the Dems. Literally, give her a chair on natural resources, whatever she wants for Alaska - money, drilling, whatever. 

Don’t forget she’s pro voting rights and pro codifying Roe. If she flips and gives us those two things, it will be worth it 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 8

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

How stupid are these people

Just when you think they can't be any stupider, they are even stupider than that. I mean, look how much money Elon Musk has lit on fire for no reason other than he didn't feel that enough people were liking his tweets

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/20/2024 at 8:49 AM, Js1 said:

Also if it ends up a Dem president, Dem House and a 49-51 R senate, I’d go ahead and offer Lisa Murkowski everything under the sun to go independent and caucus with the Dems. Literally, give her a chair on natural resources, whatever she wants for Alaska - money, drilling, whatever. 

Don’t forget she’s pro voting rights and pro codifying Roe. If she flips and gives us those two things, it will be worth it 

You may get your wish. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Gonna be hard to leave the Senate floor with Trump's balls in your mouth you retched cunt.  

The plan, though, is coming to fruition.  Have just enough of his former allies forgo him, run him ragged with trial appearances, fundraisers, campaign stops, grift rallies, and media appearances and let his body devour itself.  He will be gone from this earth soon enough.  And then the real work begins.  

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

You may get your wish. 

Lisa is not up for reelection until 2028.  if Biden wins, she can pour a ton of pork money and resources into Alaska from grateful Dems to keep the majority (as was mentioned).

If Trump wins, there won’t be a valid 2028 election. That seems like a rather easy choice, considering Trump backed her opponent in 2022. 

On 3/20/2024 at 5:12 PM, chainsaw said:

Just when you think they can't be any stupider, they are even stupider than that. I mean, look how much money Elon Musk has lit on fire for no reason other than he didn't feel that enough people were liking his tweets

When the only thing people knew about Elmo was he was responsible for a cool spaceship booster that returns to earth - and some cool pre-cyber truck electric cars - he was at his zenith of popularity.

Now, millions of people know he’s a racist, narcissist, hypocrite with bad business judgment - and skin so thin it is a medical marvel his internal organs don’t spill out on the sidewalk every day.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Lisa is not up for reelection until 2028.  if Biden wins, she can pour a ton of pork money and resources into Alaska from grateful Dems to keep the majority (as was mentioned).

If Trump wins, there won’t be a valid 2028 election. That seems like a rather easy choice, considering Trump backed her opponent in 2022. 

She’s also a “brand” name in her state. She won as a write-in! 

• Hook 'Em 4

Oh I didn’t realize it was already time again for Lisa (and I’m sure Susan Collins at any moment) to express deep concerns about their party, right before they vote straight maga again on a given issue. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Murkowski was the only Senate Republican up for re-election who voted to convict Trump in his impeachment trial after the Jan. 6, 2021, riot.

I’ll give her that. Her GOP colleagues were too afraid.  But maybe that weird Alaska ranked choice voting scheme meant she had it in the bag the whole time. Dunno. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

28 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Murkowski was the only Senate Republican up for re-election who voted to convict Trump in his impeachment trial after the Jan. 6, 2021, riot.

I’ll give her that. Her GOP colleagues were too afraid.  But maybe that weird Alaska ranked choice voting scheme meant she had it in the bag the whole time. Dunno. 

Whatever she chooses to do, RCV gives her the decided advantage bc she’s usually the 2nd choice for Dems so she can win by that method.

So it really wouldn’t hurt her electorally if she went indie and caucuses with the Dems. 

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Whatever she chooses to do, RCV gives her the decided advantage bc she’s usually the 2nd choice for Dems so she can win by that method.

So it really wouldn’t hurt her electorally if she went indie and caucuses with the Dems. 

Also, becoming an arch enemy of Maga by saying Trump is unsupportable means there is never a going back as far as Orange Man is concerned.   And since Trump took over the RNC, it’s not like she will be seeing any money for campaigning.  Now seems like a good time to switch - while the democrats still have dreams of holding a 50/50 veep vote majority.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Also, becoming an arch enemy of Maga by saying Trump is unsupportable means there is never a going back as far as Orange Man is concerned.   And since Trump took over the RNC, it’s not like she will be seeing any money for campaigning.  Now seems like a good time to switch - while the democrats still have dreams of holding a 50/50 veep vote majority.

Yep. Not a bad strategy to wait and see what happens in November + if Alaska swings any further left. Because your greatest threat is languishing in the GOP party and then Peltola steals the seat from you in 2028. If Murkowski switches, it incentivizes Peltola to go for Sullivan in 2026 instead. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yep. Not a bad strategy to wait and see what happens in November + if Alaska swings any further left. Because your greatest threat is languishing in the GOP party and then Peltola steals the seat from you in 2028. If Murkowski switches, it incentivizes Peltola to go for Sullivan in 2026 instead. 

I was personally hoping Peltola would be the next don young and have that house seat for 50 years.  I like seeing Alaska blue on the house map.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I was personally hoping Peltola would be the next don young and have that house seat for 50 years.  I like seeing Alaska blue on the house map.

Senate seats are more important. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Murkowski can eat a bag of shit. The GQP has been swallowing Trump's loads for 8 years, and she's just now starting to consider a change. Not that she will commit or anything. If she gets fucked to death by a rabid moose tomorrow, it would be a good day. Cunt

• Drool 1

56 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Murkowski can eat a bag of shit. The GQP has been swallowing Trump's loads for 8 years, and she's just now starting to consider a change. Not that she will commit or anything. If she gets fucked to death by a rabid moose tomorrow, it would be a good day. Cunt

She saved Obamacare and has pissed off trump so much that he actually took time to go to Alaska just to campaign against her. I like it that she calls out her party when they’re being crazy or overstepping the line.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

3 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

She saved Obamacare and has pissed off trump so much that he actually took time to go to Alaska just to campaign against her. I like it that she calls out her party when they’re being crazy or overstepping the line.

both of these posts can be true. that's the world we live in now

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

She also supports Roe and expanded voting rights. Sometimes you take the bad with the good. 

On 3/24/2024 at 5:21 PM, Js1 said:

She also supports Roe and expanded voting rights. Sometimes you take the bad with the good. 

And yet she voted for Roberts, Alito, Gorsuch, and Barrett.  She can take her Roe and voting rights “support”, wrap it in barb wire, and shove it up her stink eye.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...